Originally posted by GeoMax
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The clone of SUPERSCAN MK II
Collapse
X
-
Hi GeomaxOriginally posted by GeoMax View PostHello,
I've asked about these three components before. So far, no one has been able to give me a satisfactory answer as to why there's a diode in the circuit.
When the signal goes higher than about 0.6v the diode begins to conducts through the 4.7K and becomes actively parallel with the 47K. The lower resistance causes a rapid increase in vco audio frequency. When the diode is not conducting the LM555 only see's the 47k so the vco is idles at a low threshold frequency. It also reduces some audio noise when no targets are detected
Comment
-
Hello Maximo.Originally posted by maxe View PostWhat are those numbers below the red line—the one I’ve outlined in green? I can see the numbers 6 and 7, but the other one isn't clear; could you write those numbers out for me from top to bottom?
It seems you like having everything handed to you on a silver platter. If you took the trouble to look at integrated circuit U10, you would realize it is similar to U9. The pin order from top to bottom is: THR=PIN6, DIS=PIN7, Q=PIN3. Attempting to build a Superscan PI detector without any knowledge of electronics strikes me as very bold on your part. I hope you have some luck, because you’re going to need it.
- Likes 1
Comment
-
I wish there were a guide on how to use the site. I’ve seen several people asking for a specific map that was actually already available on the site; this indicates that they aren't able to use the site properly.Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post
Hello Maximo.
It seems you like having everything handed to you on a silver platter. If you took the trouble to look at integrated circuit U10, you would realize it is similar to U9. The pin order from top to bottom is: THR=PIN6, DIS=PIN7, Q=PIN3. Attempting to build a Superscan PI detector without any knowledge of electronics strikes me as very bold on your part. I hope you have some luck, because you’re going to need it.
Comment
-
[QUOTE=maxe;n453271]
Hey, I’m actually new to this website, and I’ve mentioned a few times that I’m a beginner. Everyone has to start somewhere, right?
I’m really interested in electronics, and I’ll probably study it at university too. My goal isn’t to become an engineer overnight. I just want to enjoy building things, experiment, and learn little by little.
And if I can’t get it to work, that’s totally fine. I’m just doing this as a learning experiment, and I won’t be using it in the field or for any practical purpose.
Comment
-
[QUOTE=maxe;n453272]I completely agree with you, but as a beginner, I recommend starting with a simpler detector.Originally posted by maxe View Post
Hey, I’m actually new to this website, and I’ve mentioned a few times that I’m a beginner. Everyone has to start somewhere, right?
I’m really interested in electronics, and I’ll probably study it at university too. My goal isn’t to become an engineer overnight. I just want to enjoy building things, experiment, and learn little by little.
And if I can’t get it to work, that’s totally fine. I’m just doing this as a learning experiment, and I won’t be using it in the field or for any practical purpose.
Comment
-
[QUOTE=eduardo1979;n453273]I will definitely follow your advice, and I want to choose a simple variable power supply as my first step for learning. But once you have a ready-made schematic file for a board, all that's left is buying the parts and placing them, which anyone can do. That's exactly why I'm looking for a metal detector with the maximum range, and I want to start with a simple board and two coils: a transmitter coil of 70 cm inside, and a receiver coil of 1 m, both wound with 0.5 wire, the small one with 10 turns and the large one with 8 turns. Of course, I don't think I will actually build it, because doing this is a crime in our country, and I'm strongly against the theft of historical artifacts, and I would like to confront the people who do it. Even if I do build it, I'll burn it afterward. I just want to learn.Originally posted by maxe View Post
I completely agree with you, but as a beginner, I recommend starting with a simpler detector.
- Likes 1
Comment
-
Hi Maxe,
If you're a beginner and want to build your own metal detector, I recommend the Geotech MiniPulse. The project is well documented step-by-step in a builder's guide. A working circuit board is also available. Ideal for beginners. The MiniPulse is also an excellent metal detector.
Comment
-
Thank you very much, and I wish you success. I wish you had the PCB design for that circuit you sent (or at least a PDF guide), but I am grateful to you nonetheless. I am using a translator, so I hope my message has come across clearly.Originally posted by GeoMax View PostHi Maxe,
If you're a beginner and want to build your own metal detector, I recommend the Geotech MiniPulse. The project is well documented step-by-step in a builder's guide. A working circuit board is also available. Ideal for beginners. The MiniPulse is also an excellent metal detector.
Comment
-
Hi Maxe,
To my knowledge, there is neither a circuit board nor assembly instructions for the Superscan. Often, people only post a circuit board drawing or a schematic. If someone posts a schematic, you should be happy. Because posting a circuit board drawing is useless in most cases.
Comment
Comment