Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sandbanks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • carolyny476
    replied
    Originally posted by C.Pruysers View Post
    Symon . If you are using a seperate battery , why not use that battery directly to get your secondary power supply as done by the Toko coil . I built the sandbanks as per schematic but did not place the IC infront of the Toko coil . All I did is disconnect the 78LO12 from the diode and put a battery inplace of it . ( + on the 78LO12 and the - on the OV ) . If you can find the Toko transformer later on you can put the IC back in and connect the diode to the 78LO12 again . As far as the coil goes , I never used a Faraday shield on my coil and never had any negative result by doing it this way . The Sandbanks is a nice PI Detector with a lot of possibilities . Kees
    Thanks you for the reply.

    __________________
    watch free movies online

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    Originally posted by Morgan View Post
    Hello

    Is possible to adapt 1 meter diameter coil in the Sandbanks detector ?

    Regards
    The Sandbanks is a cool little detector for sure.

    Not the most sophisticated.

    If you keep the Z and R the same I don't see why not.

    Leave a comment:


  • Morgan
    replied
    Sandbanks PI

    Originally posted by C.Pruysers View Post
    No Serafin . You can leave IC3 out . ( if you can find the TOKO transformer lateron you can place IC3 ) . Kees

    Hello

    Is possible to adapt 1 meter diameter coil in the Sandbanks detector ?

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • homefire
    replied
    The transformer can be made!

    Winding 2 or 3:1 would be all you need.



    I've built it from the CirKet Kit produce in the 80's .

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Janotaking View Post
    And for the IC2 Ihave a L7805CV is that equivalent or the same as 79L051?
    No - these are not the same.
    The 78L05 ia positive 5V regulator, and the 79L05 is negative 5V.

    Leave a comment:


  • Janotaking
    replied
    The OPA237; OPA2237; OPA4237 are all equivalent to the LM7091? So I need to get the SO-8 single/dual that haves four legs xD Isn't it? And the TLE2021A is equivalent to the Tr6 -> E1761? ok.
    I've got the HEF4011BP that is the buffered type, but I can still use it for the IC7 correct? The IC7 is a buffered one isn't it?
    Now, the IC8 and the IC2 I've used a L7812CV for the IC8 its correct? And for the IC2 Ihave a L7805CV is that equivalent or the same as 79L051?

    Ok guys, thanks for the big help, I finally gone make a metal detector I hope it works

    Thanks a lot again. Stay cool, bye.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Janotaking View Post
    Hello guys, I've found some IC's xD but I have some questions, the IC3 -> MC14011CP1 they say that its crucial to be a type "A" but I don't know what is that type that I've buyed xD the one that I have is the ->HEF4011BP, and it says some more things above that ->L8A5R8 05; UnG08176. LOL
    I couldn't find the transistor Tr1 -> BC2141 the men in the store said that BC560 its equivalent, its that true? And I can't find the Tr6-> E1761 there's some equivalent?
    I can't find the IC4 -> 7091 there's something equivalent?
    And I can't find the switch 4.7 lin. pot. with d.p. switch - 1VR2/S1 Can I use something else? The girl in the store said that she never saw any switcher above 100K xD
    This is almost done.
    Thanks a lot. See ya.
    The HEF4011BP will not work in this circuit. As it says in the article: "It is essential that IC3 is an unbuffered “A” type, since the buffered “B” type will not work in this circuit.".
    You will need to look for a CD4011UB, which is the unbuffered type. This is the same as the A type referred to in the article.

    TR4 is a P-type JFET and TR6 is a N-type JFET. You can replace these with any general purpose JFET of the correct type (P or N).

    The BC214 is a general purpose PNP transistor, so a BC560 could be used as an alternative.

    Leave a comment:


  • Janotaking
    replied
    Hello guys, I've found some IC's xD but I have some questions, the IC3 -> MC14011CP1 they say that its crucial to be a type "A" but I don't know what is that type that I've buyed xD the one that I have is the ->HEF4011BP, and it says some more things above that ->L8A5R8 05; UnG08176. LOL
    I couldn't find the transistor Tr1 -> BC2141 the men in the store said that BC560 its equivalent, its that true? And I can't find the Tr6-> E1761 there's some equivalent?
    I can't find the IC4 -> 7091 there's something equivalent?
    And I can't find the switch 4.7 lin. pot. with d.p. switch - 1VR2/S1 Can I use something else? The girl in the store said that she never saw any switcher above 100K xD
    This is almost done.
    Thanks a lot. See ya.

    Leave a comment:


  • Janotaking
    replied
    So IC4 7091 is LM709?

    Thanks a lot men, you've been a great help, I really appreciate it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Janotaking
    replied
    ok I will, thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Janotaking View Post
    I didn't understand yet how to improve the audio quality, where should I put the Capacitors? I don't see any info image.

    Thanks, Stay cool.

    See ya
    Read the section entitled "Audio Changes" and look at Fig. 1. Both can be found on page 8 of the article.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Regarding the missing resistor ... in the text it clearly states "Solder R30 across the jack".

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Janotaking View Post
    Sorry, I've told it wrong, I don't have the 7091 CI, what his is name?

    Thanks a lot for your help.
    It's not a 7091, it's a 709.
    If you look at the parts list you will see that (for some strange reason) they have put an extra number at the end of each component name. This number represents the number of these components in the design. For example:
    5552 - means there are 2x 555
    7091 - means there is 1x 709
    7411 - means there is 1x 741

    Leave a comment:


  • Janotaking
    replied
    I didn't understand yet how to improve the audio quality, where should I put the Capacitors? I don't see any info image.

    Thanks, Stay cool.

    See ya

    Leave a comment:


  • Janotaking
    replied
    Sorry, I've told it wrong, I don't have the 7091 CI, what his is name?

    Thanks a lot for your help.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X