Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Sandbanks
Collapse
X
-
What do you mean by latest schematic? There is only one original "sandbanks" project. But here are some others:
-
I reviewed the video in the youtube. I wonder if in real terms I will have to search the same way: I slowly move the probe over the ground so that it detects the change in the sound of the detector. What area will I be able to search for one day this way?Originally posted by Wahyu View Postmodified from PI Polones
inside
[ATTACH]38337[/ATTACH]
modified driver mosfet and sample delay, sample window
spec :
Freq : 200Hz
Pulse Width : 125uS
Sample Delay : 25uS
Sample Window : 50uS
Coil : 302uH
testing :
[ATTACH]38338[/ATTACH]
result:
[ATTACH]38339[/ATTACH]
Leave a comment:
-
The main issue with this detector was the Charge pump transformer availability.
Everyone tried to do a work around and or Mollestification to get around that simple issue.
We have pages after pages of people pulling they're hair out dealing with something so simple.
In actuality there are plenty of suitable replacement transformers available that are pin for pin functionally perfectly suitable to replace the thing.
Hell, I built a working transformer using the core of a IF transformer as the basis one time.
If people want the Sandbank , Build the SandBank as it was created.
Other wise there are a multitude of BETTER simple PI detectors to build.
What is it with Human Nature to Over Think and Complicate such a easy task ?
LOL
Leave a comment:
-
Try the Coil Calculator at the top of the Coils forum -> Coil CalculatorOriginally posted by maximusdesmus View PostHi guys, what parameters would be correct gor winding a 28cm coil i have a bunch of 28cm housings laying around.
For 25cm diameter 16 turns of 0.5 is good, what about 28cm coil? Are the parameters the same?
A 25cm diameter coil with 16 turns of 0.5 mm wire has an inductance of 204uH.
A 28cm diameter coil needs 15 turns to achieve an inductance of 206uH.
Personally, I would use either 18 turns (L=292uH), or 19 turns (L=323uH).
Leave a comment:
-
Hi guys, what parameters would be correct gor winding a 28cm coil i have a bunch of 28cm housings laying around.
For 25cm diameter 16 turns of 0.5 is good, what about 28cm coil? Are the parameters the same?
Leave a comment:
-
The one using the PIC. It's really nothing like the SandBanks any more.
Leave a comment:
-
The original used the LM709. It was used for Freq Compensation. Pin 1 / Pin 8.
Leave a comment:
-
It looks like a mistake to me. Here's the original Sandbanks article:Originally posted by koohyar View PostHI
Can anyone explain what exactly is the role of the C7?
Considering the fact that Pin 8 in the op-amp LF357 is N.C!
tnx
[ATTACH]37389[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]37390[/ATTACH]
and it doesn't use an LF357. So I assume the PCB you posted is someone's modified version.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: