Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

felezjoo PI(the best pulse induction metal detector that I made until now)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    If someone had told me this 20-25 years ago; I could hardly believe it.
    But today I am 100% sure of what I am going to write.
    If we take all the existing projects on the forum and the thousands of people who participated in DIY and often gave their experiences, opinions,
    often reports on failure and problems on the forum... today I am 100% sure that over 70% of failures are related to fake components!
    The other 30% of failures goes to ignorance, incompetence or inexperience.
    I sign this statement!
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I posted this picture somewhere on the forum before, I keep it as a reminder for a few hours of annoyance and stress; until I discovered that it was a fake TL071 (whole batch of 50pcs!).
    The reason I didn't find out right away was because I found it hard to believe that there was even one moron in this world who would fake the TL071; the cheapest opamp in the world!
    The trick of the mind is such that I always first doubt my own mistakes in my work, in the style: "What did I do wrong?".
    Last on the list of possibilities is that there is a moron out there who is going to fake the TL071!
    But there... still there are such idiots!


    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220831_125153.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.0 KB ID:	449223​
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Very good question.
    The answer is conditional; it depends on what you want to test with the opamp, which characteristics.
    In this case, the best test circuit is precisely the FelezJoo PI detector. And "debug" numbers on the LCD.
    Otherwise, the general opamp tester circuit would be very complex with the addition of not very cheap measuring equipment.
    I do a lot of different things, the least detectors in recent years.
    I mostly make musical equipment.
    And I have the perfect "tester" for single opamps for those applications.
    Similar case as here with FelezJoo PI.
    I have a small simple "echo/delay" pcb that has a mic input and an amp output.
    In addition to LF357 being faked, TL071/TL072 type opamps are most often faked. At least that's what caught my eye.
    When I put the fake TL071 on that pcb, I turn on the mic and amp; I can clearly hear the huge differences right away.
    Fake TL071 produces an unprecedented amount of noise, various squeaky harmonics, etc.
    When I put a good TL071; the sound is perfect.
    LF357 and FelezJoo PI pcb can be tested in the same way.
    Either you get solid behavior right away or you can't get anything even after a few hours of setup.
    And the fastest symptom to suspect the LF357 is a constant "Coil Error" printout on the LCD.
    Provided that you made the coil according to the instructions.
    You don't have to be overly intimidated by coil making.
    For room rehearsals, an 18-20cm coil is sufficient. 0.35-0.4mH, 1-2 ohms.
    There is no need for various acrobatics with "spider", "basket", "mosquito", "crocodile", whatnot coils...
    Ordinary Cu lacquer wire, 0.35-0.6mm and a couple dozen windings, until reach the mentioned specs; will do just fine.

    Leave a comment:


  • latcakir
    replied
    Is it possible to build an original LF357 test circuit?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    The whole point is that until the original LF357 arrives to me; any further story makes no sense.

    Leave a comment:


  • Detectorist#1
    replied
    Hi ivconic,
    Don't be so quick to thank me in advance for teaching! We haven't agreed on my fee yet. It's important to use our sense of humor!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I can't be sure, the link is missing from my "order" list, because it was last year.
    It looks like Aliexpress doesn't keep those listings longer.
    I did not save the seller's name.
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • nejdet
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Last year I ordered 30 pieces of J113 and they all arrived ... FAKE!
    And then I ordered 20 pieces from another seller and they all arrived... OK!
    You never know what you're going to win, like the lottery!
    ​
    Can I have a link to a legitimate seller? Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	aliexpressomments.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	499.2 KB
ID:	449161​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Last year I ordered 30 pieces of J113 and they all arrived ... FAKE!
    And then I ordered 20 pieces from another seller and they all arrived... OK!
    You never know what you're going to win, like the lottery!
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • algan
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Very dissatisfied I wrote an official complaint to Aliexpress.
    After a few days, I received a reply that "I am not right and that my complaint is rejected"... !??
    So much for how Aliexpress protects its customers.
    A gang of thieves, liars and robbers! Generally speaking.
    There are also positive examples, of course, but they are rarer.
    This is a link for a damn thief, remember this seller well and NEVER BUY ANYTHING from that scumbag!
    ​

    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...%21%211%210%21
    I've also bought ICs from Aliexpress that don't work. Nothing can be done, they're cheap and people get scammed, there have been some that work, you can't be sure until you test them.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    In advised range... 0.38mH/1.7R

    Leave a comment:


  • Tanu
    replied
    ivconic can you give your coil details?
    ​​
    thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • latcakir
    replied
    Aliexpress is death. I from Turkey and i used aliexpress 10 from years. AliExpress is banned in our country. Now I can't even log into my old account.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I am extremely grateful to you for being willing to teach me, thank you very much!
    Could you do me a huge favor and explain how to use an oscilloscope?
    Little is clear to me from what you are talking about!?
    Thanks in advance!
    ​

    ​

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X