Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

felezjoo PI(the best pulse induction metal detector that I made until now)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Detectorist#1
    replied
    Hi Aadu,
    Number 1 haves too big Coss and maybe too big Cgs.
    Number 3 haves too big Rds.
    Number 2 is more suitable - use it for this project. For this transistor no need for additional diode in the drain.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aadu
    replied
    Thank you very much for the informative answer. I have three options to choose from, which are very different.
    1.mosfet 60r360q 600v, Coss 715pf, tr 41ns, Rds 0.36, qg 19nc.
    2.mosfet SDP 7NA40 400V, Coss 120pf, tr75ns, Rds 0.82, qg 34nc.
    3.mosfet KNB2D0N60D 600v, Coss 46pf, tr 60ns, Rds 3.8, qg 10.9nc.
    Which one is better?

    Leave a comment:


  • Detectorist#1
    replied
    Yes, these parameters affects the detector but N-ch MOSFETs with Uds=500V and Id =5A to 8A have very similar Rds and Coss parameters. Parameter trr of MOSFETs is less than 100ns and no problem for PI designs.

    ST - IRF840_Uds=500V_Id=8A_Rds=0.85R_Coss=131pF at 25V_TO-220
    Vishay - IRF840_Uds=500V_Id=8A_Rds=0.85R_Coss=155pF at 25V_TO-220
    Infineon - IPA50R800CE_Uds=500V_Id=7.6A_Rds=0.72R_Coss=250pF at 25V_TO-220
    ST - STP9NK50Z_Uds=500V_Id=7.2A_Rds=0.72R_Coss=125pF_TO-220

    Also, it is easy to reduce the influence of Coss by serially connecting on the DRAIN of MOSFET diode like MR260 or MUR460 (any fast diode with Trr<70ns, U>500V and I>2A)

    Leave a comment:


  • Aadu
    replied
    Mosfets has different Rds, Coss, tr. Do these parameters affect the detector

    Leave a comment:


  • Detectorist#1
    replied
    Hi Aadu,
    Any 500V N-ch MOSFET for 5A to 8A drain current in TO-220 case is suitable for this project.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aadu
    replied
    Hello. Does anyone know which mosfet parameters are best for felezjoo. I don't have the original irf 840

    Leave a comment:


  • van0014
    replied
    Yes, 3.2v and 3.7v are common average voltages. In practice, you should be getting 4.2v per cell fully charged, and 3v per cell empty. Though some datasheets suggest 2.5v empty, I won’t advise it. They also don’t like to be fully charged, and shouldn’t be left above 4v unless you’re ready to use them. I’ve gone through many batteries, and looked into ways to increase their life

    Leave a comment:


  • Tanrjrj
    replied
    Originally posted by van0014 View Post

    18650 cells usually range from 3v - 4.2v, or as low as 2.5v. Their average or nominal voltage is the 3.2v value, but it’s usually higher when it’s fully charged. But note that the voltage can’t accurately tell you how much charge the cell has
    Hi van, maybe because there are two types of battery one is with 3.2v and 3.7v thanks for your idea

    Leave a comment:


  • van0014
    replied
    Originally posted by Tanrjrj View Post

    Hi you say 18650 in 3.2v each that would only be at 9.6v
    18650 cells usually range from 3v - 4.2v, or as low as 2.5v. Their average or nominal voltage is the 3.2v value, but it’s usually higher when it’s fully charged. But note that the voltage can’t accurately tell you how much charge the cell has

    Leave a comment:


  • Tanrjrj
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hi all,,,,,I don't know if this will help anyone but I have 2 x working Felezjoo's and for both I use 3 x 18650 batteries with a DC Adjustable XL6009 Step up step down converter and they work fine and give me about 6 hours detecting time. The 3 x 18650 give me 12v but I adjust the step up converter to 18v and it's been fine,,,no overheating or any other problems. Hope it helps someone. Marty
    Hi you say 18650 in 3.2v each that would only be at 9.6v

    Leave a comment:


  • van0014
    replied
    A suitable replacement alternative is TLE2071A

    Leave a comment:


  • Emersonpaz
    replied
    Originally posted by kipi View Post
    I also made this metal detector. I can't get Lf357 anywhere here. I soldered Lm318 to test and it works poorly. But where to order an original Lf357 op-amp when there are so many fakes on the market?​

    Leave a comment:


  • kipi
    replied

    I also made this metal detector. I can't get Lf357 anywhere here. I soldered Lm318 to test and it works poorly. But where to order an original Lf357 op-amp when there are so many fakes on the market?​

    Leave a comment:


  • mmlove2007
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Boadil
    replied

    The versatility of the circuit is incredible, and how we can make changes to how it works just by modifying the chip's program...it's a shame we don't have the source code to tweak things.​

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X