Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BC547
    replied
    Backpack

    First of all a sincere "Thank You !" to Mr. Eric Foster for this excellent thread about a magnificent detector.
    Now that a lot of these detectors become available on Ebay from tdm_electronics in Poland, I simply couldn't resist and ordered one. I ordered it on Sunday afternoon and it arrived the next Thursday afternoon. Excellent service. The condition of the detector was exactly as described in the pictures: armrest broken ( one rabbit ear broke off ) but - and this is more important: the control panel was intact and without cracks or scratches.
    It came with the backpack, earphone, test piece and field card. The ebay seller had also added a printout of the manual in the backpack.
    After having cleaned the detector and verified that it worked in both normal and mineral mode, I turned my attention to the backpack. It was very dusty and looked worn (meaning it had seen some action already).
    I cleaned it first with water and washing liquid and let it dry.
    Next, I started lubricating the zippers with vaseline spray.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	vaseline_spray.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	712.5 KB
ID:	355030

    The primary usage of this spray is to protect car batteries from moisture. I had bought the can once in an idle attempt to protect a Pickini PCB inside a waterproof housing.
    When I accidently sprayed the vaseline onto the canvas next to the zipper, it started looking bright green and shiny again.
    I then proceeded to spray the entire backpack. The result was a backpack that looked like new again.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	backpack.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	957.9 KB
ID:	355031

    Note: the serial number written on the backpack does not match the serial number of the detector.

    Leave a comment:


  • jarrett
    replied
    Have you not heard of google?
    View and Download Vallon VMH3CS operation manual online. VMH3CS metal detector pdf manual download.

    Leave a comment:


  • Digger01
    replied
    hi guys. chasing a manual for this detector please. Any one have a copy or a link where i can download it?

    Leave a comment:


  • below2doe
    replied
    Hi Guys. Do you have the vmh3cs tuned dead quiet or a little into the positive when searching.

    Regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by niepoort View Post
    is it hard to put a bigger coil on the vallon ,
    i also have the complete parts schematic
    It is possible to make almost any size coil for the VMH3CS The largest I have made is 15 inches diameter (38cm). and the smallest wound on a 10cm diameter ferrite core. You have to get the inductance and resistance close to 1.5mH and total resistance with cable of about 3 ohms, otherwise it won't work. You will find a fair bit of helpful material and pictures way back in this thread.

    A schematic would be of great interest.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • niepoort
    replied
    is it hard to put a bigger coil on the vallon ,
    i also have the complete parts schematic

    Leave a comment:


  • niepoort
    replied
    so im new here ,i have a vmh3cs like everybody here, but also a vxm(witch i use for work)
    i bought the vmh3cs for the kid to use on the beach.
    2 questions 1,the led button screen is cracked, i know a vallon distrubitor guy but he says he can only order the whole led console kit, but a saw here that somebody ordered just the screen is that possible?
    2,does anybody has the wire diagram so i can connect it to the pc so i can upgrade and discard that controle beep

    thanks Steve

    Leave a comment:


  • Mahally
    replied
    That's really interesting. I'm happy for you. You have that excitement to discuss. That's good.

    Leave a comment:


  • gravelmonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by TH'r View Post
    They turn in opposite directions. Looking down the shaft toward the coil that second collar turns counter clockwise to loosen.
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Have you tried pouring hot water on it
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    Unfortunately some of those used detectors have ingested a lot of fine desert dust which tends to cause parts such as the locking collars to seize up. Soldiers can be also be over enthusiastic in tightening things, even to breaking point. Try working some WD40 into the thread, which often frees things up. It certainly won't do any harm.

    Eric.
    Thanks all! Ordered 2x babyBoa strap wrenches, came undone within 30 seconds! Right tool for the job and all that...!

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    i dont know if others have successfully updated with a usb to serial adaptor, but they are notoriously flakey, in most cases when trying to read and program they fall flat when trying to write to chips, often its due to insufficient power delivery through the adaptor(as compared to a true serial port).

    Leave a comment:


  • Firey10_0
    replied
    Hi everyone
    Just in need of some guidance. I have made up a data cable and connected it the detector to the computer via a serial to USB adaptor cable. I then run the mdboot software that is supplied from vallon. Once that opens I select com3 for my serial cable and hit the info button. It connects with the vmh fine and brings up the current firmware which is 2.61. I emailed this to a Daniel at vallon who was very cooperative and he emailed me back the 3 firmwares that I need to upgrade to one after the other to reach to most current firmware of 4.11.
    So this is where my problem starts, after connecting up vmh to computer again, select the correct firmware to begin upgrade process, check connection with info button, all good, the mdboot says software update YES in green like it should, then when I press the boot button to transfer the firmware over it comes up with a "input error from com3(0/1)".
    Why is it coming up with that error at that stage when all the connection test check out OK up till then. Is there any settings you need to change in the computers com port settings to make it work properly or is there something else wrong. Hope you can help me out as I know you have successfully updated the firmware.
    Thanks in advance
    Firey10_0

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by gravelmonkey View Post
    Well, ****. I can't seem to budge it. I'll invest in some strap wernches and have another go.
    Unfortunately some of those used detectors have ingested a lot of fine desert dust which tends to cause parts such as the locking collars to seize up. Soldiers can be also be over enthusiastic in tightening things, even to breaking point. Try working some WD40 into the thread, which often frees things up. It certainly won't do any harm.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by gravelmonkey View Post
    Well, ****. I can't seem to budge it. I'll invest in some strap wernches and have another go.
    Have you tried pouring hot water on it

    Leave a comment:


  • gravelmonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by TH'r View Post
    They turn in opposite directions. Looking down the shaft toward the coil that second collar turns counter clockwise to loosen.
    Well, ****. I can't seem to budge it. I'll invest in some strap wernches and have another go.

    Leave a comment:


  • TH'r
    replied
    They turn in opposite directions. Looking down the shaft toward the coil that second collar turns counter clockwise to loosen.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X