Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Altair
    replied
    Originally posted by jaypay View Post
    Well done on your purchase Karel ,You may not have screwed the battery cover on enough the first time ,I doubt the cold and damp would effect it
    Karel, it happened first time to me too! Jaypay is right! You must well tight the battery cover.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Does the VALLON recognize the DD Minelab coil. That coil should have a chip embedded to help with processing. How did all this work for you?

    Thanks Thomas

    Leave a comment:


  • jaypay
    replied
    Well done on your purchase Karel ,You may not have screwed the battery cover on enough the first time ,I doubt the cold and damp would effect it I think you can get water clear epoxy resin that should fix the hole without looking the normal yellow epoxy colour.keep us updated on the repair as I feel sure you will not be the only one with holes in the membrane.

    Leave a comment:


  • tifred
    replied
    hello 6666
    I do not use a headphone jack, it is connected directly to the chassis

    Leave a comment:


  • justin
    replied
    send it back as the hole was not mentioned if you payed via paypal
    and buy another 1 from elsewhere as I just had panel problems and cost a lot to sort it out
    just an idea

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by tifred View Post
    Hello everyone
    here is my modified vhm3cs.
    housing coil of minelab explorer modified.
    one baterie 26650

    I have stick minelab xs label on my vmh3cs to annoy my friends!
    thank you for the many council Eric

    [ATTACH]41260[/ATTACH]

    [ATTACH]41261[/ATTACH]

    [ATTACH]41262[/ATTACH]

    Could you please tell us what you used for the headphone jack plug ? thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • tifred
    replied
    Hello everyone
    here is my modified vhm3cs.
    housing coil of minelab explorer modified.
    one baterie 26650

    I have stick minelab xs label on my vmh3cs to annoy my friends!
    thank you for the many council Eric

    Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1947.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1,021.0 KB
ID:	349879

    Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1950.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	349880

    Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1954.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	516.5 KB
ID:	349881

    Leave a comment:


  • Dutchie
    replied
    Good day everyone.
    Today I can finally join the group of Vallon owners. This is my first metal detector!

    My daughter lives in London(U.K.) and bought one for me in the U.K. from ebay.
    (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vallon-VM...OSw8OJZ2jaU).- I think I got the last one from this dealer.
    Transporting to the Netherlands was 52 british pound. This will certainly not make Britain great again compared with our rates for a parcel of 8.6 kilogramm...

    When it arrived this afternoon it did not work - not a sound - not a light flickering so I worried a bit.
    The package was damp and very cold. We have had heavy snow and icy rain last few days..
    Tonight everything was warmed up. I checked the batteries (1.55 V each) and tried again.
    Low and behold it worked. The lights start flickering and it started making sound when I moved closer to the floor of the living room - hurray!

    There are at least two issues to fix. The broken armrest may be solved like in the last two posts above. Thank you for the post!!
    The display window has a small hole over one of the leds. I do not know yet what is best to do : fill the hole with a clear epoxy or something or try and make a new window from perspex. Any suggestions are welcome
    For extensive modifications I will wait a while.
    First I will download the manual and read it a few times until I fully understand it.

    Karel (Dutchie)

    Leave a comment:


  • ionut_mtb
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    That looks a good alternative. How did you fix the 1/2 drainpipe to the Vallon base?

    Eric.
    I kept the original base and glued with 2 component epoxy the half pipe (110mm-120mm not sure exactly), which fit's exactly on the curve of the old armrest.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	459.8 KB
ID:	349877

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by ionut_mtb View Post
    For my broken armrest i used one piece of drain pipe 110mm (i think) cut in half, an then applied foam using double sided tape.

    [ATTACH]41253[/ATTACH]
    That looks a good alternative. How did you fix the 1/2 drainpipe to the Vallon base?

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • below2doe
    replied
    Thanks guys for the prompt reply. Ray from OZ Below2doe.

    Leave a comment:


  • ionut_mtb
    replied
    For my broken armrest i used one piece of drain pipe 110mm (i think) cut in half, an then applied foam using double sided tape.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3303.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	672.6 KB
ID:	349872

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by below2doe View Post
    Hi guys,

    First post on the forum. Can someone tell me what sort of arm cuff eric has on his refurbished vhm3cs. I am waiting for the detector to come from Poland and they have a broken arm cuff.

    Regards Below2doe.
    The arm cuff I use is as on the Garrett Ace detector. This can be bought as a spare part complete with the ground stand. Some machining is required to remove both the ears off the existing arm cuff support, which is not a simple job as you have to remove the whole back end from off the detector. the Garrett cuff has a locating spigot for which an accurate hole has to be drilled in the machined Vallon cuff base. Then I fit a supporting spacer and bolt which requires drilling and countersinking a hole in the Garrett cuff and then another hole in the Vallon part. Accurate fits are required so that the new arm cuff is solid with the base. The ground stand is great but needs a lot more work and parts made so that it fits securely on the bottom tube. That was not done in the above instance.

    The picture shows one that I have just done for Justin, who bought his Vallon from the Polish supplier. Same problem with the arm cuff, but he sent the whole detector to me as there was an additional fault on the control panel.

    Eric

    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060998.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	349871

    Leave a comment:


  • below2doe
    replied
    Hi guys,

    First post on the forum. Can someone tell me what sort of arm cuff eric has on his refurbished vhm3cs. I am waiting for the detector to come from Poland and they have a broken arm cuff.

    Regards Below2doe.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    I have spoken to Clay about the problem and received a rather lenghthy reply on possible issues. Strange it gives no error codes.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X