Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Carolina
    replied
    Kingswood: Wish you well but not very fair for the VALLON I think. We will see though. Both coils alone weigh more than the VALLON.
    3+ pounds and 4+ pounds respectively. I have swung the 14 x 13 super D and it's a beast. Good luck and fingers crossed for you.

    Carolina

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    What size coil(s) does the GPZ7000 have?

    Eric.
    He has the 14" and the 19" so will get greater depth....but I will still be interested to see if I can pick up any signals that he can pick up

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    I will have an interesting test day coming up soon
    Friend coming over with his GPZ7000....plan is to follow him around and swing the Vallon over every target he identifies just to compare them
    What size coil(s) does the GPZ7000 have?

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    I will have an interesting test day coming up soon
    Friend coming over with his GPZ7000....plan is to follow him around and swing the Vallon over every target he identifies just to compare them
    That should to be an interesting and fun learning experience.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    I will have an interesting test day coming up soon
    Friend coming over with his GPZ7000....plan is to follow him around and swing the Vallon over every target he identifies just to compare them

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    Have you tried changing the pulse frequency?

    Eric.
    Hi Eric, havent found the right one yet, I hope to be in a better place for some testing soon
    H

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolina View Post
    Green:
    I understand now. Your questions are better answered by Eric I think when he gets time. He is a very busy man right now.
    Do you mind me asking what detector you have? I own two VALLONS and use them for water hunting for jewlery. If I was closer to the gold belt in NC I would be all over it.

    Carolina
    I'm building my own. http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...571#post225571 It has taken a lot longer than I hoped. I have a bench circuit and one I played with out in the yard. My son took the one I was playing with to Michigan. Neither he nor I had done any metal detecting so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I have built at least three logic control cards, a dozen amplifiers and over thirty coils trying different things as I learn. It's still a work in progress. If you have any questions about it ask on the PI MD thread.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Green:
    I understand now. Your questions are better answered by Eric I think when he gets time. He is a very busy man right now.
    Do you mind me asking what detector you have? I own two VALLONS and use them for water hunting for jewlery. If I was closer to the gold belt in NC I would be all over it.

    Carolina

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolina View Post
    Green:
    Do you own a VALLON? Please forgive my ignorance but what are we trying to accomplish here? I am a little confused.

    Carolina
    No I don't own a Vallon. Just trying to learn something. Why can the Vallon detect a 1.5in square of aluminum foil at 8in and not detect a 1in square? kingswood detected a .6g lead piece with his Vallon. I tried some lead split shot to see how my detector compared. The time constants I was getting with my lead targets were close to the 1in square aluminum foil, so I was wondering why he could detect .6g lead piece. I was pinching lead shot and didn't have the correct size, might be the reason. Is there a lower time constant the Vallon can't detect or is something else causing it to be able to detect the 1.5in square and not the 1in square? Would round lead ball targets have the same time constant detect, not detect as the aluminum foil?

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Green:
    Do you own a VALLON? Please forgive my ignorance but what are we trying to accomplish here? I am a little confused.

    Carolina

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolina View Post
    Have you thought about rat shot, bird shot, all the way up to 00 buck shot, inside a shot gun shell? Just a thought.

    Carolina
    Have thought about it. Haven't checked to see if I can get some without buying a whole box of shells. Maybe someone with a Vallon could test detection distance with some different size lead shot so I would know what sizes to get.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Have you thought about rat shot, bird shot, all the way up to 00 buck shot, inside a shot gun shell? Just a thought.

    Carolina

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    EMI is killing me right now
    Have you tried changing the pulse frequency?

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by green View Post
    Trimmed a larger shot to .6g and shaped close to round. TC increased to 1.5usec, close to 1x1aluminum foil(1.4usec). Maybe the .1usec increase is enough to detect or something I'm missing?

    Maybe the lead ball needs to be rounder with no seams where I pinched the shot together. Do you get a strong response with the lead ball close to the coil? Do you have a BB size split shot to see if the Vallon could detect it?
    Pinching a split shot together is not going to give the correct result as the contact between the two parts is not the best for electrical conductivity. This is due to the inevitable microscopic oxide layer that exists and the imperfect contact surfaces. The ball has to be solid.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by green View Post
    Maybe you or someone with a Vallon could try a test with aluminum foil. Reply #159, Eric stated he could detect a 1.5in square at 8in. and couldn't detect a 1in square. Maybe some could try a 1in, 1.1in, 1.2in, 1.3in, 1.4in and a 1.5in square to see when it is first detectable and at what distance. Close or a fair distance. Might learn something.

    The signal should be a little higher passing thru the coil vs waving in front of the coil.

    EMI is killing me right now

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X