Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TH'r
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    Here is the information that may help.

    Eric.[ATTACH]38971[/ATTACH]
    Success! To remove the black threaded part I used a rubber strap wrench with a band cut from a palm pad for taking jar lids off, for added grip. A hook scribe worked well to remove the O rings, being careful of its point so as not to damage them. The rear threaded ring was frozen to the front part, as I was concerned about damage in separation, I left them stuck together. On reassembly I screwed the whole assembly to the correct position, then sighted thru the set screw hole for groove location to position the battery tube support. Many thanks for the information. If you make a booklet of information I would like the particulars on how to obtain one.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chet
    replied
    Hi 6666


    I got the ground balance to work as follows;


    1. While in mineral mode press and hold “C” after a few seconds LEDs 6789 will lite.


    2. Continue holding “C” the LEDs will go out and a short steady tone will sound.


    3. Do not let “C” up yet. If you do you will get three low short tones.


    4. Still holding “C” bob the coil up and down until LEDs 6789 will lite again with a loud steady tone.


    5. The loud steady tone will remain until you finally release “C”.


    Where did you get a manual? All I have is a plastic card.


    Have a good day,
    Chet

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Thanks would be very interested in video so I can compare
    oops my bad yes 4 leds. 6789 if I remember right
    Spot on
    I am going out Monday hopefully (Public holiday over here!) so will get one recorded!

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    I will try an make you one this weekend.
    And I havent dropped the sensitivity below 12
    3 LED's?? Should be 4 when starting GB....

    Thanks would be very interested in video so I can compare
    oops my bad yes 4 leds. 6789 if I remember right

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Yes I've taken note of that note, and left the machine where I was testing it for a long time to adjust, with the 3 leds on and bobbing the coil , etc the tone never drops, just stays at same level, may try and make a video, sure would like to see a video of a working machine doing a ground balance so I can compare
    Does your machine GB if you turn down the sens ?
    I will try an make you one this weekend.
    And I havent dropped the sensitivity below 12
    3 LED's?? Should be 4 when starting GB....

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    Okay...What about the "Fine" GB adjustment in the manual??...doesnt work either??

    tested the fine balance today and it did not seem to work.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    One thing is the "NOTE" in the manual about temps..."Start soil compensation only after the detector has adapted itself to the ambient temperature. In case of more than 15°C difference in temperature
    between storeroom and detection place wait for approx. 10 minutes."....This does make a difference...I have tried to GB straight out of the cool car into 32 degree heat and wouldnt!...Waited 10 minutes and it did

    Yes I've taken note of that note, and left the machine where I was testing it for a long time to adjust, with the 3 leds on and bobbing the coil , etc the tone never drops, just stays at same level, may try and make a video, sure would like to see a video of a working machine doing a ground balance so I can compare
    Does your machine GB if you turn down the sens ?

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    One thing is the "NOTE" in the manual about temps..."Start soil compensation only after the detector has adapted itself to the ambient temperature. In case of more than 15°C difference in temperature
    between storeroom and detection place wait for approx. 10 minutes."....This does make a difference...I have tried to GB straight out of the cool car into 32 degree heat and wouldnt!...Waited 10 minutes and it did

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Yep
    Okay...What about the "Fine" GB adjustment in the manual??...doesnt work either??

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    Now very silly question, but it is turned into mineral mode isn't it??....I must admit that I have a couple of times put it into normal mode and wondered why it wasnt balancing !

    Yep

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Looks like my Vallon is a dud, it will not ground balance the way the book describes how the machine is supposed to act during the ground balance function
    the tone never reduces in level while bobbing the coil.
    Now very silly question, but it is turned into mineral mode isn't it??....I must admit that I have a couple of times put it into normal mode and wondered why it wasnt balancing !

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Looks like my Vallon is a dud, it will not ground balance the way the book describes how the machine is supposed to act during the ground balance function
    the tone never reduces in level while bobbing the coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • Funfinder
    replied
    Here's a region (Tajikistan, from a PC war-game) where you could use such detector...

    The shield warns with a bizarre picture and:
    Мины-это ужасные вещи (Mines are terrible things)

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Area with mines - Shield - Мины-это уж&#10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	347921
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Area with mines - Shield.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	347922

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Learning quite a lot about detectors!....Long chat with a friend today who does a lot of gold detecting...He suggests that when i am out next and identify a target, to try switching back to normal mode and to try and reduce the sensitivity....He says this is a good way to get a "feel" of what the detector can actually do! I will try all this and report back!
    He also has given me 0.2g, 0.5g and 2g nuggets to try out...They are all local nuggets so will see how things go !

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    Yes, that part onto which the battery cap screws is badly out of position. I will post the info later today on how to position it correctly.

    Eric.
    Here is the information that may help.

    Eric.Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan_20170302 (4).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	572.5 KB
ID:	347917

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X