Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ionut_mtb
    replied
    I want to adapt this housing for an underwater detector.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	017BFC21-3061-4F8D-AF3E-017662E82CF3.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	356403

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    What make of waterproof connectors are you using?

    Have you considered a cylindrical housing for the control box? Rectangular housings are very vulnerable to distortion even in shallow water, particularly when made of joined sections. Leaks are likely to develop at joins due to flexing on each immersion. If sea water gets into the Vallon electronics it will almost certainly not be recoverable, even if washed out quickly and dried. The display board with push buttons, although sealed, will stop working at about 2m as the water pressure will depress the switches.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • Myntmaster
    replied
    About 3 ohms is normal. And why do you think that the problem is in this part, from the plug to the coil?

    Leave a comment:


  • brinbrin
    replied
    Thank you all for your answers.

    I checked and rechecked, but my multimeter has no potentiometer to adjust the zero. I checked in the battery case too , but there are only fuses. I'll go with -2 Ohm measures.
    So I have ~ 3 Ohms between the centre pin and the outer pins. Is it OK ?
    Still trying to figure out why my machine is noisy when I swing it.

    Hello tifred. Fais moi signe si tu viens ? Boulogne ;-) Il reste de l'or.

    Leave a comment:


  • jarrett
    replied
    Brin,
    You may have a small potentiometer or knob that you can use to zero the meter on the ohms scale when the 2 test probes are joined together.

    Leave a comment:


  • tifred
    replied
    HI brin brin voisin ,
    Looks like your connectors are oxidized?

    Leave a comment:


  • Myntmaster
    replied
    Everything is normal, with closed contacts 2 ohms error. Now consider 5-2 = 3 ohms coil resistance. 2-2 = 0 ohm between contacts a, b, c, d, e, f

    Leave a comment:


  • brinbrin
    replied
    When the two probes touch, I read ~ 2 Ohm, and when the do not, it displays 1 ... Does it mean my multimeter is fried ? I is set on 200 Ohm (see photo).

    I'm not skilled in electronics. Sorry if my questions seems of a noob.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20200125_13_52_34_Pro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	356392

    Leave a comment:


  • Myntmaster
    replied
    What are you measuring, which device. It should not be. Close the probes of the measuring instrument, what shows?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    What reading do you get on the meter if you short the probes together?

    Leave a comment:


  • brinbrin
    replied
    Coil - Measuring resistance between the pins

    Hello,

    I've got a coil-related question. As Mr Foster stated in the post #18 "The 7 pin connector has the centre pin as live to the coax core and all six outer pins are wired together forming an outer shield and connected to the coax braid."

    The pins are marked A, B, C, D, E, F for the outer pins, and G for the centre pin. I can measure ~ 5 Ohm between the centre pin and any other outer pin, but I measure ~ 2 Ohms between the outer pins. Is it OK ?

    Best regards,

    MC

    Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20200124_17_48_40_Pro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	990.8 KB
ID:	356390

    Leave a comment:


  • Myntmaster
    replied
    The case for the detector is completely home-made.
    It is soldered from double-sided foil fiberglass.
    Upon completion, it will be a fully enclosed blind structure. Like a tin can.
    The plates are soldered on both sides with a small allowance where the epoxy is poured which additionally seals the solder joints.
    I call this design "hi from the 80s"
    -------------
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Валлон корпус.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	356379
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Vallon housing.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	356380
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Vallon housing 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	356381
    -------------
    Curly holes for connectors are sawn in the case.
    All IP68 connectors on the inside are further seated on a very strong rubber sealant.
    -------------
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1250227.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	333.7 KB
ID:	356382
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1250231.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	356383
    --------------------
    The operating mode knob is brought out through the gland.
    RS ist der führende Anbieter von industriellen und elektronischen Lösungen. Sichere Online-Bestellung. Versandkostenfrei ab 100 € Nettobestellwert.

    ------------
    In the photo, the purpose of the connectors. Mount to the shaft.
    The battery pack is separately in a sealed non-separable case.
    Indication and control unit in a separate housing.
    ----------
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Housing connectors.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	448.8 KB
ID:	356384
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Housing output input..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	356385
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Mounting the housing to the bar..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	418.8 KB
ID:	356386
    --------------

    After the case is ready. It will be painted with an 1k epoxy primer. Great thing.
    It adheres very strongly to the surface and fills all microcracks. The main thing is to let it dry well.
    Then the main painting ...

    ----------

    Well, something told.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    What type of housing will you use to go into the sea?

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • Myntmaster
    replied
    Thank you.
    In real conditions at sea, the best tests. But I'm sure there will be no problems with coils. Last year, I made homemade coils for my Garrett Infinitum LS. They worked just fine. They were with a graphite screen. A homemade 11x8 inch DD coil worked better than the original 10x14 DD. I will wait a bit, and there will be trials in the sea, here we have winter.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by Myntmaster View Post
    Vallon VMH3CS air test with 38 cm coil = 15 inches.
    The test is conducted indoors. Settings * Normal mode *, and three measurements at different sensitivities 7.10 and 12.
    At a sensitivity of 12, it starts to catch interference from the 220 volt network and the computer.
    I perfectly understand that an air test is not like in the earth.
    ---------------------------------------

    Your coils look great, and I hope they work as well as they look. I will be interested to hear if the graphite shielding is effective on a wet beach and prevents false signals when touching the beach or seaweed..

    Indoor testing is never good due to the interference you mentioned. Also fluorescent lights and also, as I recently found out, the new LED lights.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X