Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • brinbrin
    replied
    There is an image of the pin on post #1388 by Mr Foster. After a loser inspection, the top part of the telescopic stem is completely sanded out and shows a longitudinal crack. the seal ring is worn out. Not good. *** If anyone has spare parts (or even a whole dead machine), please make an offer. ***
    Can't believe I totalled this machine that had survived years of battlefield Looks like the sand on the beach of Boulogne-sur-Mer is harsher than Iraq's or Afghanistan's...I got it used, not in pristine condition, but way better than it looks now.

    BTW, for those who are interested, there are VMC1 for sale on ebay , but US only.

    Leave a comment:


  • brinbrin
    replied
    Hello to all VHM3CS enthusiasts. Long time no post.

    Two days ago, I succeeded in breaking the pin which prevent the upper telescopic shaft to rotate. Yes, I did it ! This detector survived
    Did any of you experience the same problem ? Do I really have to dismantle the whole machine, or is there a simpler way to solve the issue ?

    Best regards.

    Brinbrin

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by F117 View Post
    I recently had to do the battery tube disassembly to add a screw to the armrest ( to prevent it from sliding ).
    The procedure on how to do this is excellently described by Eric in this document:

    [ATTACH]51114[/ATTACH]

    For step 3, to prevent damage to the threaded collar, I used a so called strap wrench.
    I acquired this recently to do some threaded PVC pipe plumbing.
    Just wanted to mention this because it worked perfectly.
    Before this, I had never even heard of a strap wrench, so here are some pictures:

    [ATTACH]51115[/ATTACH]


    [ATTACH]51116[/ATTACH]

    My apologies if this has been posted here already.
    The 2 "wings" at the bottom of my detector are a detector stand to keep it upright and it is made from part of the bottom piece of the Garrett arm rest that I used to replace the original broken ears.
    Thanks for that information. I ordered a couple of sizes straight away.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    Battery tube disassembly

    I recently had to do the battery tube disassembly to add a screw to the armrest ( to prevent it from sliding ).
    The procedure on how to do this is excellently described by Eric in this document:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	battery tube positioning.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	572.5 KB
ID:	358006

    For step 3, to prevent damage to the threaded collar, I used a so called strap wrench.
    I acquired this recently to do some threaded PVC pipe plumbing.
    Just wanted to mention this because it worked perfectly.
    Before this, I had never even heard of a strap wrench, so here are some pictures:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	strap_wrench_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	947.7 KB
ID:	358007


    Click image for larger version

Name:	strap_wrench_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	893.8 KB
ID:	358008

    My apologies if this has been posted here already.
    The 2 "wings" at the bottom of my detector are a detector stand to keep it upright and it is made from part of the bottom piece of the Garrett arm rest that I used to replace the original broken ears.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by WM6 View Post
    9g nugget at 1m? In your wet dream!

    1g nugget within 600mm is possible, if it is at say 30mm.
    Original post mentions using front end loader to remove soil...1m refers to finding 9g speccie 1m below the ORIGINAL land surface that has already been removed by loader. Its called scrape and detect. You remove soil, detect, remove another layer, detect...so specimen was likely just cm's under the ground I was detecting at the time, but would have been 1m below the actual land surface as it existed prior to the loader removing it. I would have preferred to have gone down another metre, but the rocks got to hard....
    Scrape and detect. Its a real thing

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post

    Mostly smaller bits 1g to 5g, mostly within 600mm of surface.
    Exception was a lovely 9g speccie at about 1m. !
    9g nugget at 1m? In your wet dream!

    1g nugget within 600mm is possible, if it is at say 30mm.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Sounds like a good set up, what average size and depth is the gold you are finding ?
    Mostly smaller bits 1g to 5g, mostly within 600mm of surface. Exception was a lovely 9g speccie at about 1m. We are going back to work that lease deeper as speccie was close to old shaft
    Still hoping the next push holds some bigger gold deeper! Difficulty has been lack of overburden on a couple of the pushes so far...bedrock was a bit to shallow!

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Sounds like a good set up, what average size and depth is the gold you are finding ?

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Glad to hear you have found some gold
    Found a fair bit now ....Having leases and a loader helps ha ha.
    I still just want to prove to myself that the Vallon WILL find gold. Thats my plan.
    The area we are planning on working soon is near a phone tower...its very noisy on the 7000, so I am going to see how the Vallon handles it

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Glad to hear you have found some gold

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Well its been a while since I lasted posted so i thought I would update things.
    I have been using m GPZ7000 for the last couple of years and am happy to report that all my collection of detectors are now fully paid for in gold
    Now just have to pay off the 16T loader that my gold business partner and I invested in!!
    The Vallon still holds a special place in my heart and I am determined to find at least one bit of gold with it!!....
    Having used both the Vallon and the 7000, in terms of ergonomics, the Vallon wins hands down!....The 7000, even with harness and bungy, gives me shoulder pain after a day of detecting....I used to be able to swing the vallon all day with no issues even without harness!!
    The next scrape and detect we do, I am going to give the vallon a few hours work....despite my gold partner laughing at me

    Leave a comment:


  • pustareka
    replied
    Thank you Eric !

    Leave a comment:


  • StephenDigsHistory
    replied
    Wading with the VMH3CS??

    Ok, so I am taking a trip to the Gulf of Mexico in September. I am taking my Garrett Seahunter Mark 2, but I am also considering giving the Vallon a try. I am getting ready to send it in for a checkup, seals O rings a pressure test and software upgrade. Anyone done much wading in Saltwater with this unit?? Does it false terribly with each wave that passes or is it fairly stable? Will the software upgrade have a particular mode thats best to use in this situation, such as the Seawater mode? Thanks in advance for opinions and thoughts. Looking forward to them!

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    There is some info here
    If you have a schematic to share, post it here. Please read the Intro post for rules on posting schematics.


    Leave a comment:

Working...
X