Hi fellow VMH3CS owners!
Stupid question I'm afraid- I can't undo the lower locking collar on the shaft of the shaft which connects the search coil to the rest of the machine.
Can anyone tell me if it undoes in the same direction as the upper collar which tightens the telescopic shaft section?
Many thanks in advance!
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector
Collapse
X
-
Hey Mr.Foster !
Any good news about your 3 VMH3CS's tests and findings ?
Regards
Don
Leave a comment:
-
Hi kingswood, i'd be interested in one of your VMH3CS's. I lost my old account somehow (same username) and can't seem to PM you. Let me know, thanks!Originally posted by kingswood View PostI have 3 VMH3CS's...Dont really need them now I have the 7000
Will keep one of the VMH3CS's for beach work just in case.
Happy to off load the others at $400 each with free postage
....
They all work. All have intact arm rests and the canvas bag.
PM me if you want one...
Leave a comment:
-
Thank you Eric. You are the best here.Originally posted by Ferric Toes View PostThis looks to be a super low capacitance coil, but I am sure that it would not show any improvement over the solid wire that Vallon used. The reason being that the Vallon electronics works in a rather different way to that of a conventional PI. Looking at JLKing's posts will give clues to some of the reasons, but a couple of important technical points are that nothing can be changed, except by Vallon, in the electronics to take advantage of a superfast coil. The performance they already get from a coil with a low resonant frequency and a lot of capacitance from a long retractable curly cable is quite surprising. I have tried stranded wire with Teflon insulation for a Vallon coil, and which works fine, but it is no better in performance than one made with the solid wire.
Eric.
Take care and good luck !
Leave a comment:
-
This looks to be a super low capacitance coil, but I am sure that it would not show any improvement over the solid wire that Vallon used. The reason being that the Vallon electronics works in a rather different way to that of a conventional PI. Looking at JLKing's posts will give clues to some of the reasons, but a couple of important technical points are that nothing can be changed, except by Vallon, in the electronics to take advantage of a superfast coil. The performance they already get from a coil with a low resonant frequency and a lot of capacitance from a long retractable curly cable is quite surprising. I have tried stranded wire with Teflon insulation for a Vallon coil, and which works fine, but it is no better in performance than one made with the solid wire.Originally posted by DonCaffeDelaSkobalj View PostHey Mr.Foster
Could you do some tests of this kind of extreme low capacitance, parts of usec delay, hyper fast samplng basket coil with your VNH3CS MD ?
On the picture solid copper wire was used, but i think there should be used only multiple strands insulated litz wires. Also multi-layered dielectric waxed cardboard insulator should be used between two successive layers of coil and plastic housing. Mr Foster you have already done all impendance measurements of original VMH coil. so i think it woudn't be problem for you to test this type of coil. Also would be great if somebody could meassure big diameter Vallone coil fro 3CS.
Thanks in advance. If any case i want to hear your oppinion about.

ps: Please check your forum's e-mail.
Thank you !
Eric.
Leave a comment:
-
Hey Mr.Foster
Could you do some tests of this kind of extreme low capacitance, parts of usec delay, hyper fast samplng basket coil with your VNH3CS MD ?
On the picture solid copper wire was used, but i think there should be used only multiple strands insulated litz wires. Also multi-layered dielectric waxed cardboard insulator should be used between two successive layers of coil and plastic housing. Mr Foster you have already done all impendance measurements of original VMH coil. so i think it woudn't be problem for you to test this type of coil. Also would be great if somebody could meassure big diameter Vallone coil fro 3CS.
Thanks in advance. If any case i want to hear your oppinion about.

ps: Please check your forum's e-mail.
Thank you !Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
I have 3 VMH3CS's...Dont really need them now I have the 7000
Will keep one of the VMH3CS's for beach work just in case.
Happy to off load the others at $400 each with free postage
....
They all work. All have intact arm rests and the canvas bag.
PM me if you want one...
Leave a comment:
-
Hey Firey10_0Originally posted by Firey10_0 View PostHi everyone, I am also now the proud owner of a vallon vmh3cs, it has the 1.14 firmware confirmed by the confidence chirp every 2secs.
I live in south Australia and want to use it mainly for gold nugget detecting. The soil here can be OK in spots and quite hot in other areas but not as bad as WA from what I read about. My question is would it be worth getting the firmware upgrade to the 1.19 version which changes a few things including the soil compensation. Will this improve the ground balance in the hot areas or is it only a small improvement. The confidence chirp doesn't really bother me too Michal that change Isn't an issue. Let me know what your thoughts are.
Also can you let me know what parts are needed to do the earphone MOD and a rough wiring diagram would be great just so I know how to connect it all up.
Thanks in advance for all your help.
About earphone i think it's good idea to mount small one IC FM transmitter pcb using KT0803L (or K better) with some professional bluetooth wireless headphones for example
IC transmitter
http://www.alldatasheet.net/datasheet-pdf/pdf/1134996/ETC2/KT0803L.html
Leave a comment:
-
No need for firmware upgrade. My opinion.Originally posted by Firey10_0 View PostHi everyone, I am also now the proud owner of a vallon vmh3cs, it has the 1.14 firmware confirmed by the confidence chirp every 2secs.
I live in south Australia and want to use it mainly for gold nugget detecting. The soil here can be OK in spots and quite hot in other areas but not as bad as WA from what I read about. My question is would it be worth getting the firmware upgrade to the 1.19 version which changes a few things including the soil compensation. Will this improve the ground balance in the hot areas or is it only a small improvement. The confidence chirp doesn't really bother me too Michal that change Isn't an issue. Let me know what your thoughts are.
Also can you let me know what parts are needed to do the earphone MOD and a rough wiring diagram would be great just so I know how to connect it all up.
Thanks in advance for all your help.
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Hi everyone, I am also now the proud owner of a vallon vmh3cs, it has the 1.14 firmware confirmed by the confidence chirp every 2secs.
I live in south Australia and want to use it mainly for gold nugget detecting. The soil here can be OK in spots and quite hot in other areas but not as bad as WA from what I read about. My question is would it be worth getting the firmware upgrade to the 1.19 version which changes a few things including the soil compensation. Will this improve the ground balance in the hot areas or is it only a small improvement. The confidence chirp doesn't really bother me too Michal that change Isn't an issue. Let me know what your thoughts are.
Also can you let me know what parts are needed to do the earphone MOD and a rough wiring diagram would be great just so I know how to connect it all up.
Thanks in advance for all your help.
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Hello,
I am happy new owner of beast Vallon VMH3CS. Unfortunately last friday I missed UPS courier so he will come next business day and did not have any chance to try it. Someone got finally firmware cable for upgrade to new version ? Does it worth it ? What settings are you using on the beaches ? Someone recommended me mineral with sensitivity 6. Mine armrest missing and would like fix it by myself. Any recommendations ? Cheers for many questions - I am novic
Leave a comment:
-
Thank you Eric.Originally posted by Ferric Toes View PostIf you mean the electrical connections; the centre pin is to the live side of the coil, and all six outer pins are connected together and are coil and electronics ground via the coax braid.
Eric.
I mean name/marking sockets !
Which name 7pin bayonet military connector use Vallon ?
https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/7pin-bayonet-connector.html

Thank you
Leave a comment:
-
I use Use drilled out 20mm hole in PVC waterhose 25mm fitting endcap. For shaft tube I use electric installation tube.
Leave a comment:
-
If you mean the electrical connections; the centre pin is to the live side of the coil, and all six outer pins are connected together and are coil and electronics ground via the coax braid.Originally posted by pustareka View PostPrivet Helo !
[ATTACH]45862[/ATTACH]
Eric.
Leave a comment:
-
Sounds like the vallon has potential - I have finished with my activity with mine. Bought from the Polish surplus dealer on eBay - sent to the Vallon agent in the US and updated to latest civilian software. Need to move on - for sale $450 shipped US only (sorry).
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: