Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Not yet. I checked with a Vallon on a variable bench power supply, just in case it was a low voltage problem caused by a battery failure of some sort. I could not replicate what Justin describes so the problem lies elswhere. We are continuing corresponding by PM and will post when we have the answer.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Eric, did you get him straight?

    Carolina

    Leave a comment:


  • splodge
    replied
    Good evening.
    Took delivery of my Vallon today. It powered up and self tested no problem. Tried waving a 50p at it and it picks it up at nearly two feet. Wow. About a foot on a hammered penny. Looking good. Away working for a bit now so will have a go on a test bed in the garden next week.

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    a fun photo with the vallonClick image for larger version

Name:	pirate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	349809

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by justin View Post
    hi thanks for the reply its been working great until yesterday when it just stopped working I have tried pressing all the combinations just keeps doing the same flashes all the way down to 1 then 1 just keeps flashing with slight vibration but no sound and wont detect I brought it in September from tdm ebay Poland contacted them they just said replace batteries I have rechargeables and they work fine when I first switch on no lights come on I have to press button + for lights to come on otherwise nothing
    thanks justin
    Hi Justin,
    See my PM to you.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • justin
    replied
    hi thanks for the reply its been working great until yesterday when it just stopped working I have tried pressing all the combinations just keeps doing the same flashes all the way down to 1 then 1 just keeps flashing with slight vibration but no sound and wont detect I brought it in September from tdm ebay Poland contacted them they just said replace batteries I have rechargeables and they work fine when I first switch on no lights come on I have to press button + for lights to come on otherwise nothing
    thanks justin
    Last edited by justin; 12-04-2017, 03:00 PM. Reason: not finished

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by justin View Post
    hello just wondering if you can help with my vallon
    VMH3CS
    when I turn it on if I press the + the lights come on then the lights just flash until all the lights go off until just the light number 1 just flashes and it vibrates but it will not detect any help would be much appreciated
    thanks justin
    Hi Justin,
    When you switch on, all the lights will come on for new batteries, and as the batteries run down, the number of lights reduce. Also the audio gives a train of beeps and the vibrator pulses but the lights should not flash. After 5 seconds the lights all go out, except for No.13 which flashes every 2 seconds to show that the detector is working. Light No.1 may flash occasionally from nearby electrical interference. If you are indoors it can be much worse with several flashing. However, if the detector does these things then it is working properly. All this is without pressing any buttons as the detector has basic default settings which you can adjust later.
    All of the faults listed in the manual have several LEDs illuminated in various patterns; never just the one. Are you turning the detector on while pressing the + button. This will give LED display only with no vibrator or sound. Switching on while pressing - will give vibrator only. Pressing C and + will give audio and LED. Pressing - and + and C will bring on everything.

    Have you recently bought it and has it ever worked properly?

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • justin
    replied
    hello just wondering if you can help with my vallon
    VMH3CS
    when I turn it on if I press the + the lights come on then the lights just flash until all the lights go off until just the light number 1 just flashes and it vibrates but it will not detect any help would be much appreciated
    thanks justin

    Leave a comment:


  • splodge
    replied
    That's very good. Many thanks Eric.
    Roger

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by splodge View Post
    So for my next question, has anyone tried this detector on hammered silver pennies?
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

    To answer your question; doing an air test in normal mode and using the stock coil, the Vallon will detect a long cross hammered silver penny at 12 inches. Swapping for a 12in circular coil of my own manufacture, I can gain another 1.5 inches. These are for weak but repeatable signals lighting two or three LEDs. At 8 and 9 inches respectively, half of the LED scale is lit up.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • splodge
    replied
    So for my next question, has anyone tried this detector on hammered silver pennies?

    Leave a comment:


  • splodge
    replied
    Hello folks. I have just bought one of these Vallon detectors and as a result, have now found the most interesting forum ever. I used to be in electronics years ago and worked for the likes of RM and Sun Micro as a repairs tech. I have been a hobby detectorist for a few years with a bit of sucess and now need a deep searching machine for a few very small areas which appear to be dispersed hoards. This one may work for me, who knows.
    Keep up the good work.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Thanks for info

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    We ship as used metal detector. Yes, it is the same detector here on the forum. TDM lowered there price with me when I argued a little. Good luck to you.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Mine got to Oz fine from England ($400) , but you have to talk Aussie dollars, you are looking at Aus $402 landed in Oz , from ebay from TDM

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X