Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector
Collapse
X
-
May have some problems getting it through customs in my country as it qualifies as a piece of military hardware. Maybe i could have it shipped in parts, the coil could be shipped as fancy mosquito trap, the shaft as expandable broom handle and the control box as new smart android tv box
-
Excellent, yes thats the one, TDM electronics, ships from Poland. I was including the shipping cost, sorry. Yes about $200. I think this is very good price. Is this the same model we see here on this thread?, then this is very good for price. a bargain actually. Wish i could have one but me christmas money already up in flames.
Leave a comment:
-
Please excuse my spell checker. Should read Higher if you buy the pelican case with it.
Leave a comment:
-
All my VALLON VMH3CS detectors came from Poland TDM ELECTRONICS but much cheaper than that. $200. Higher if you by the pelican case with it. They are all in good condition.
Carolina
Leave a comment:
-
Very nice. Saw VMHC3 on ebay $300+ some guy from Poland had a bunch of them to sell, Maybe this is hoax?
Leave a comment:
-
Eric: Very nice. I particularly like the VALLON in the rear. Three different shafts on three different coils would be a quick and easy change say from 8" to 12" to 15". Have you thought of a 8" or 6" coil yet?
Carolina
Leave a comment:
-
Brothers in Arms
At the back of the first picture is a previously modified Vallon with a new arm rest and ground stand. Also mounted on the stand is a box containing the components to convert the audio for standard phones. The new modification is to incorporate a 11.5in fully submersible coil using a Whites shaft end which makes for a neat job. This fully shielded coil gives an improvement in detection range over the standard Vallon coil and looks more the part for a treasure detector.
In front is the latest rebuild. The 4 pushbuttons on the original control and LED display plate are replaced by (On)-Off-(On) momentary switches. The forward one being + and - and the rearward one C and pinpoint. Labels will be designed shortly to identify all the features. Power is two parallel 3.7V Li-ion cells in the rear box with a 1/4 jack socket for standard phones.
Eric
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Eric,
Thankyou for all your help.My Vallon is now running very well with headphones and the sound is spot on
I will do some tests on the south east kent beaches with the small coil it came with and see how it performs.I will be using a selection of British coins.gold ring, silver ring etc.I might have a cent somewhere for you US guys lol.
Regards
Russell
Leave a comment:
-
hi Eric
thank you for your reply.
I will post soon the photos of my modified vallon.
Fred
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Fred,Originally posted by tifred View Posthi Eric
i use battery li-on 3.7v 32650 5500 mah.
I thought the valllon should be 4.5 v (3x 1.5).
i wanted to use the mt3608 to go from 3.7v to 4.5v or 5v.
Fred
The Vallon manual states that D size rechargeable cells can be used which would be 3x 1.2 and they make a charger that connects to the 6 way socket. I run a couple of rebuilt Vallons on 3.7V with no problems and there is no difference in performance to running on 4.5V due to the internal regulated converter.
Eric.
Leave a comment:
-
hi Eric
i use battery li-on 3.7v 32650 5500 mah.
I thought the valllon should be 4.5 v (3x 1.5).
i wanted to use the mt3608 to go from 3.7v to 4.5v or 5v.
Fred
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Fred,Originally posted by tifred View PostHi Eric
I use the booster mt3608.
What is the maximum voltage setting output for the Vallon ?
thank
Fred
What battery voltage are you wanting to boost? The Vallon as it stands runs happily on a 3.7V Li-ion battery. There is a converter in the Vallon that gives +10V and -10V for any input from 3.5V to 5.5V.
Eric.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Eric
I use the booster mt3608.
What is the maximum voltage setting output for the Vallon ?
thank
Fred
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Russell,Originally posted by mrvon View PostHi Eric,
I will be using a step down transformer as of your previous post and pictures on page 27.1 question will i have to use the 47nf capacitor as of your post on page 27? If so which side of the transformer should i put it?
Very sorry for asking a very basic question but as stated i am very new to electronics.
Thankyou for your help
Regards
Russell
The 47nF is connected between pin D and one side of the transformer primary. Pins B and F go to the other primary connection. If you are using the same transformer that I am, the primary is the side with two wires. The phones connect to the centre wire and either of the outer wires on the secondary side. The transformer is not a perfect match for the job, but it is readily available and works fine with the various phones I have.
Eric.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: