Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mrvon
    replied
    Hi Eric,
    I will be using a step down transformer as of your previous post and pictures on page 27.1 question will i have to use the 47nf capacitor as of your post on page 27? If so which side of the transformer should i put it?
    Very sorry for asking a very basic question but as stated i am very new to electronics.
    Thankyou for your help
    Regards
    Russell

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by mrvon View Post
    Hi Guys
    Just to check headphones connect to pin B & D .
    Regards
    If you link F and B then it cuts out the internal speaker. Phones between FB and D. Phones must be piezo unless you use a step down transformer. A 47nF capacitor in series with the high impedance winding gets rid of the 'thump' from the confidence click.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrvon
    replied
    Hi Guys
    Just to check headphones connect to pin B & D .
    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • mrvon
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolina View Post
    mrvon: I can not believe you posted such a message.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    mrvon: I can not believe you posted such a message.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrvon
    replied
    Hi Eric,
    You made a typo on the part number.

    • RS Stock No.687-6418
    • BrandSouriau
    • Mfr. Part No.UTS6JC10E6P

    Leave a comment:


  • mrvon
    replied
    Hi Eric,
    Thank-you very much for the info,hopefully i wont have a problem sorting out the audio.I am new to electronics but find it fascinating and have built a surf pi which works just saving up for a scope to sort the coil matching etc.
    I know its not in the same league as the Vallon but its wow i built this and that i like .
    Regards
    Russell

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by mrvon View Post
    Hi all,
    I am now sorted for the parts but need a connector to fit the vallon. Has anyone got a spare one or where can i source one from?
    BTW have tested the detector with air tests and does very well on an Edward II silver hammered penny this is going to be a fantastic beach detector
    Regards
    Russell
    Hi Russell,
    Sorry for the late reply but I have been away for a break. The connector I use is the Souriau UT6JC10E6P (R.S. part no. 687-641). It is a plastic body connector with solder cup connection which mates perfectly and is very easy to assemble.

    Any other help you need for the audio, just ask.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrvon
    replied
    Hi all,
    I am now sorted for the parts but need a connector to fit the vallon. Has anyone got a spare one or where can i source one from?
    BTW have tested the detector with air tests and does very well on an Edward II silver hammered penny this is going to be a fantastic beach detector
    Regards
    Russell

    Leave a comment:


  • mrvon
    replied
    Hi all,
    Congrats Kingswood on the gold as others have said shame not with the Vallon.I have been following this post and have just bought one for 90 pounds from the seller that Eric has used.I must say what a bit of kit it makes the other detectors look like toys ,the build quality is fantastic{and mine was not covered in dust ha ha}.I do need to sort out some headphones for it as will be used as a beach machine but need a connector to fit I have read about the mod for headphones.Would it be possible for someone to list the parts and links where to buy them in the UK.
    Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Russell

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolina View Post
    Glad to hear the VALLON faired well in most area's. Now to see how it pings on raw gold. I also think that the 7000 will find gold in those smashed area's IF no one else ran one thru there. Good luck to you.
    Absolutely the 7000 will....Amazing bit of technology.
    Its a shame the Vallon could not cope with the hot rocks, I acually love the machine...nice to use, simple and easy to swing. The vallon shall now be my beach machine

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Glad to hear the VALLON faired well in most area's. Now to see how it pings on raw gold. I also think that the 7000 will find gold in those smashed area's IF no one else ran one thru there. Good luck to you.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolina View Post
    The VALLON has been a good detector for gold jewelry and coins for me at the beach. I think it would make a fine relic machine also. I guess the soil in Australia is just to much for the VALLON.
    Funnily enough, it coped well in all but one area....a spot that apparently is littered with magnetite. Here the constant hot rocks were a pain!
    Its kind of annoying as this is the area where I know the gold is....lots of research
    I am not a real fan of detecting people's smashed areas, so its a new area....and the gold is there

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    The VALLON has been a good detector for gold jewelry and coins for me at the beach. I think it would make a fine relic machine also. I guess the soil in Australia is just to much for the VALLON.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alexismex
    replied
    Thank you Kingswood for your determination , the demonstration is good............ the Vallon did not the job. it is programed for landmines

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X