Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Congrats Kingswood,

    Pity the Vallon didn't do the job for you but at least you gave it a red hot go.

    Brian

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Kingswood, Congratulations.
    I'm so sorry about the Vallon. I expected more of this.








    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    [ATTACH]40750[/ATTACH]
    Found gold today in the area where the Vallon goes off on every rock. Yay for the 7000....Another 250 or so just like them and the machine will pay for itself ha ha

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolina View Post
    Kingswood:
    Congratulations !!! Been watching for a report on your 7000. I'm sure there will be much more in your future now. Let us know how the VALLON pings on those nuggets in a air test if you will. Again congratulations!!!
    Thank you Only the second time out with it so was quite happy.
    I will try some air tests as soon as I can.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Kingswood:
    Congratulations !!! Been watching for a report on your 7000. I'm sure there will be much more in your future now. Let us know how the VALLON pings on those nuggets in a air test if you will. Again congratulations!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	22497346_10155625886741259_709548551_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	349446
    Found gold today in the area where the Vallon goes off on every rock. Yay for the 7000....Another 250 or so just like them and the machine will pay for itself ha ha

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Hi Davy,
    Yes, the performance is impressive and I think you will find that it is and excellent beach detector down and into the water's edge. All we need is some alternative size coils and I am working on that. I have built for myself 15in , 12in, 7in round and elliptical, plus various probes. For the standard VMH3CS we need to make a compatible lower shaft with 7 pin connector and connector housing, with say a Whites shaft end swivel.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • davy74
    replied
    After reading through this thread with intrest, I managed to get myself a Vallon VMH3cs - impressed with build quality, typical mil-spec stuff, bench/air tests on old & new coinage as well as small gold look very impressive, I'm looking forward to my next beach trip.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    Ah, You finally found some gold then Kingswood haha��
    Good luck with your new toy!

    Brian
    Ha ha no gold yet mate....Will see what happens with the 7000

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Ah, You finally found some gold then Kingswood haha��
    Good luck with your new toy!

    Brian

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Congrats, you may get some interesting finds, get your settings right and x the fingers.
    Thanks guys. I decided after much research to just bite the bullet and get one!
    And my mate who has one has offered a few free lessons

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolina View Post
    My firmware updates gave me what I most wanted as I dig all my targets where I use the VALLON. I have six additional filters I can use, to help control EMI and sweep speed, auto soil compensation, auto channel search ( it takes about two min.s to search all 40 frequencies but sure saves a lot of time, and is a joy to watch after the days of manual search ) a surf mode, and the confidence click is no longer present, which was annoying to me.
    Carolina, Sent you a PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    Thanks mate
    I have today purchased a GPZ 7000 with both coils so will see if my luck improves ha ha
    The Vallons may well be retired to coastal duties and for less mineralized areas

    Congrats, you may get some interesting finds, get your settings right and x the fingers.

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Congratulations!!! I'm sure now you will be striking gold for sure. Enjoy your new detector. The unveiling of the new Minelab Equinox is the big news here in the states. Again enjoy that new machine!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolina View Post
    Kingswood: Again I wish you much success as you deserve it with all your time and effort
    Thanks mate
    I have today purchased a GPZ 7000 with both coils so will see if my luck improves ha ha
    The Vallons may well be retired to coastal duties and for less mineralized areas

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Yes you are correct. It should read VMXC1 my mistake. This is a UXO detector that has discrimination but for larger targets than I am interested in. VALLON would not allow the firmware upload as these detectors are marked with a large red label stating so. My firmware updates gave me what I most wanted as I dig all my targets where I use the VALLON. I have six additional filters I can use, to help control EMI and sweep speed, auto soil compensation, auto channel search ( it takes about two min.s to search all 40 frequencies but sure saves a lot of time, and is a joy to watch after the days of manual search ) a surf mode, and the confidence click is no longer present, which was annoying to me.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X