Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by daverave View Post
    Hi Eric....That vallon looks like it has really been through the wars...that looks quite a job stripping the vallon down.
    Hi Dave,
    Yes, initially it looked daunting, but having taken quite a few apart now it is relatively easy, and I have all the right tools to hand. It is now half way back together and will look really smart. The inside electronics still looks brand new as it is so well protected. I did however discover that one O ring on the back of the female 7 pin connector in the shaft is missing. Vallon's QC slipped up that day.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    [ATTACH]40107[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]40108[/ATTACH]
    Hi Eric....That vallon looks like it has really been through the wars...that looks quite a job stripping the vallon down.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Kingswood do you ever get areas that have water worn and rounded edged quartz, to indicate your area was under an inland sea like parts of NSW was?
    if so pay carefull attention to those areas.
    Cant say I have seen much of that quartz around here
    Most of the quartz looks like it has broken off from a reef.....Driving home back along a different track this morning, came across a dry creek bed in the middle of nowhere with scattered quartz over it...thats tomorrow's spot

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Kingswood do you ever get areas that have water worn and rounded edged quartz, to indicate your area was under an inland sea like parts of NSW was?
    if so pay carefull attention to those areas.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    GB was much better today
    No gold, but none for the SDC2300 either.
    Quite a few hot rocks that gave great signals. Wife using the 2300 dug a few as well.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	14643228_10155391964261259_298885240_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	349025Click image for larger version

Name:	20217035_10155391964381259_994915941_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	349026Click image for larger version

Name:	20227408_10155391964426259_95430271_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	349027

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    When you do find a nugget with the Vallon, it will be bigger than the smallest piece the 2300 would detect.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolina View Post
    Kingswood:
    Well I wish you luck with your quest for gold. My forty years in this hobby has taught me to keep an open mind. No one detector will find it all. The SDC 2300 is a good PI machine and the gold monster employs the same tech. such as auto ground tracking and auto sensitivity. These are two conditions that will rob you of depth every time. Even a seasoned detectorist can have a hard time keeping up with the changing soil conditions so these are wonderful options to have. That SDC is a anchor though ( I own one myself ) and can wear you out. the GPZ as well is heavy! It is a different technology and is top of the line, but the gold monster will out perform both these machines on certain size gold. Bruce Candy would tell you the same thing. It is light and comes with two coils and is a good entry level VLF machine designed and tested in Australia. I can tell you, and all who have many many years experience will agree, that the machine is only as good as the man operating it. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Good luck with the VALLON, and hope you find your nugget soon!!!

    Carolina
    Absolutely agree with all of this ....But for me at the moment, the desire to find a piece of gold rests not in finding the gold itself, but in finding it with the Vallon
    Once I have done that, I will buy a 7000

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Kingswood:
    Well I wish you luck with your quest for gold. My forty years in this hobby has taught me to keep an open mind. No one detector will find it all. The SDC 2300 is a good PI machine and the gold monster employs the same tech. such as auto ground tracking and auto sensitivity. These are two conditions that will rob you of depth every time. Even a seasoned detectorist can have a hard time keeping up with the changing soil conditions so these are wonderful options to have. That SDC is a anchor though ( I own one myself ) and can wear you out. the GPZ as well is heavy! It is a different technology and is top of the line, but the gold monster will out perform both these machines on certain size gold. Bruce Candy would tell you the same thing. It is light and comes with two coils and is a good entry level VLF machine designed and tested in Australia. I can tell you, and all who have many many years experience will agree, that the machine is only as good as the man operating it. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Good luck with the VALLON, and hope you find your nugget soon!!!

    Carolina

    Leave a comment:


  • garyq
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    My first goal is to find a single piece with the Vallon....any piece!....mainly just to prove a point to my sceptic friends ha ha
    Kingswood I know how you feel as I have a sceptic friend in regards to me using another PI detector other than my 5000 and even though I can prove a point to him that this other detector does detect gold he just continues to say, put that thing away and grab the 5000.

    Hang in there mate and your goal with the Vallon will be achieved.
    Last edited by garyq; 07-22-2017, 01:53 AM. Reason: spell check

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolina View Post
    Kingswood: I'm not pitching a sale but my friends in the mountains of Virginia and North Carolina ( both of which have heavy mineralized soil ) are singing praises for the Gold Monster 1000. They all have found gold first time out and they say it's deep. Single frequency around 45 I think. For just over $700 US it may be worth a try before you spend $7000 US. Do wish the VALLON works for you though. Eric is quite certain it will work. Good Luck.

    Thomas
    Thanks Thomas....I am not sure that the GM 1000 would do anything that the SDC2300 cant do, and we already have one of those
    I have read the GPZ7000 patent and Mr. Candy has created a very good machine...no wonder it works on tiny gold and big gold at depth!
    My first goal is to find a single piece with the Vallon....any piece!....mainly just to prove a point to my sceptic friends ha ha
    Once I have done that (hopefully!!) then I will worry about what detector to use as my main gold hunter .....I am still only 7 months into this hobby ha ha

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Kingswood: I'm not pitching a sale but my friends in the mountains of Virginia and North Carolina ( both of which have heavy mineralized soil ) are singing praises for the Gold Monster 1000. They all have found gold first time out and they say it's deep. Single frequency around 45 I think. For just over $700 US it may be worth a try before you spend $7000 US. Do wish the VALLON works for you though. Eric is quite certain it will work. Good Luck.

    Thomas

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Thanks for the stripped down pics Eric...nice to know what it looks like inside!

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    Yes keep at it Kingswood, you can't be far off now

    Brian
    Thanks Brian and Carolina ....."Gold is where you find it".....I just need to find it ha ha
    It is still fun though, despite the lack of gold. Was good to be with someone the other day who actually found some. I know now that its actually real
    I thought of something late last night!....In my annoyed state of not been able to GB with the Vallon, I didnt actually try the manual GB procedure, just the auto!!!....I shall try that today if I still have issues!! I guess I got frustrated and clean forget about manual!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Vallon Strip Down 2

    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060805.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	349022 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060806.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	349023

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    40 minute Vallon Strip Down 1

    I started this on a machine as bought and in a bad state, at 14:46. Stripdown completed at 15:27. I have shown each part of the sequence in case any others are inclined to have a go. Only do it if you are competent and have the tools. The battery tube and coil lead connection are best cut and later rejoinded with heat shrink sleeving. On the coil lead pcb connector leave enough lead to resolder to. Unless the internal electronic box is damaged it is best to leave the internal pcb's alone. No one outside of Vallon have any servicing or schematic information on the electronics which is all firmware controlled.

    Now the big cleanup and reassembly which will take rather longer. I will post a picture when finished.

    Note. The final stage pictures will appear in a following post as any more here will exceed the limit.

    Eric.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060795.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	349012 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060796.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	349013 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060797.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	349014 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060798.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	349015 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060799.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	349016 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060800.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	349017 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060801.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	349018 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060802.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	349019 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060803.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	349020 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060804.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	349021

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X