Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    I have attached pics of the 0.6g bit I was just walking along swinging the Vallon and had the faintest noise.....I have learnt thru experience that any response from the Vallon, no matter how faint the signal, may be a target This one gave the smallest signal. Scraped down and got it out. It made a very little signal near the coil, but a better response when passing the scoop thru the coil. I have also worked that out!...Some targets that I am trying to locate actually dont really respond very well when I wave the scoop in front of the coil, but do when I pass the scoop actually thru the coil....I dont know why !!
    [ATTACH]40012[/ATTACH][ATTACH]40013[/ATTACH][ATTACH]40014[/ATTACH]
    If you want to experiment with the bit, PM me your postal address and I am happy to post it you
    Maybe you or someone with a Vallon could try a test with aluminum foil. Reply #159, Eric stated he could detect a 1.5in square at 8in. and couldn't detect a 1in square. Maybe some could try a 1in, 1.1in, 1.2in, 1.3in, 1.4in and a 1.5in square to see when it is first detectable and at what distance. Close or a fair distance. Might learn something.

    The signal should be a little higher passing thru the coil vs waving in front of the coil.
    Last edited by green; 07-04-2017, 01:50 AM. Reason: added sentence

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by green View Post
    Trimmed a larger shot to .6g and shaped close to round. TC increased to 1.5usec, close to 1x1aluminum foil(1.4usec). Maybe the .1usec increase is enough to detect or something I'm missing?

    Maybe the lead ball needs to be rounder with no seams where I pinched the shot together. Do you get a strong response with the lead ball close to the coil? Do you have a BB size split shot to see if the Vallon could detect it?
    I have attached pics of the 0.6g bit I was just walking along swinging the Vallon and had the faintest noise.....I have learnt thru experience that any response from the Vallon, no matter how faint the signal, may be a target This one gave the smallest signal. Scraped down and got it out. It made a very little signal near the coil, but a better response when passing the scoop thru the coil. I have also worked that out!...Some targets that I am trying to locate actually dont really respond very well when I wave the scoop in front of the coil, but do when I pass the scoop actually thru the coil....I dont know why !!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	19251295_10155320239741259_1698254231_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	348954Click image for larger version

Name:	19755946_10155320239886259_1827924783_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	348955Click image for larger version

Name:	19758117_10155320239846259_968927210_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	348956
    If you want to experiment with the bit, PM me your postal address and I am happy to post it you

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by green View Post
    Thanks, might be my error. Looked up shot size and a BB was .55g close to what you had(.6g) so that is what I tested. Just looked up BB split shot, .4g. I'll try to get a lead ball close to .6g and try again.
    Trimmed a larger shot to .6g and shaped close to round. TC increased to 1.5usec, close to 1x1aluminum foil(1.4usec). Maybe the .1usec increase is enough to detect or something I'm missing?

    Maybe the lead ball needs to be rounder with no seams where I pinched the shot together. Do you get a strong response with the lead ball close to the coil? Do you have a BB size split shot to see if the Vallon could detect it?
    Last edited by green; 07-03-2017, 11:13 PM. Reason: added sentence

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    Interesting! I did try 1x1 inch foil ages ago and couldnt detect it...maybe its because the lead shot is round so is more dense??
    Thanks, might be my error. Looked up shot size and a BB was .55g close to what you had(.6g) so that is what I tested. Just looked up BB split shot, .4g. I'll try to get a lead ball close to .6g and try again.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by green View Post
    Used a lead shot(BB split shot, fishing wt. pinched closed) to try with the detector I'm making. Charted some target time constants. Two split shot from different packages, 4 grain gold nugget, 1x1in aluminum kitchen foil and 1.5x1.5in aluminum kitchen foil. Reply #159 Eric could detect a 1.5x1.5in aluminum foil but not 1x1in aluminum foil. The time constant for the 1x1in aluminum foil and the BB split shot are close. I was thinking he couldn't detect the 1x1in aluminum foil because of the short time constant. Could you try a piece of aluminum foil 1x1in? I used Reynolds wrap regular strength not heavy duty. I got a little difference between the two split shot and foil thickness could be different. Wondering if there are reasons the split shot could be detected and not the 1x1in foil.
    Interesting! I did try 1x1 inch foil ages ago and couldnt detect it...maybe its because the lead shot is round so is more dense??

    Leave a comment:


  • green
    replied
    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    0.6g round lead shot at 3 inches with standard coil. Made just a little squeak.
    The more I use the Vallon, the more I am beginning to like the lack of threshold. I listen for little signals and if they can be replicated, I dig them
    Some of the lead targets have been just little noises...but a signal all the same.
    Used a lead shot(BB split shot, fishing wt. pinched closed) to try with the detector I'm making. Charted some target time constants. Two split shot from different packages, 4 grain gold nugget, 1x1in aluminum kitchen foil and 1.5x1.5in aluminum kitchen foil. Reply #159 Eric could detect a 1.5x1.5in aluminum foil but not 1x1in aluminum foil. The time constant for the 1x1in aluminum foil and the BB split shot are close. I was thinking he couldn't detect the 1x1in aluminum foil because of the short time constant. Could you try a piece of aluminum foil 1x1in? I used Reynolds wrap regular strength not heavy duty. I got a little difference between the two split shot and foil thickness could be different. Wondering if there are reasons the split shot could be detected and not the 1x1in foil.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    0.6g round lead shot at 3 inches with standard coil. Made just a little squeak.
    The more I use the Vallon, the more I am beginning to like the lack of threshold. I listen for little signals and if they can be replicated, I dig them
    Some of the lead targets have been just little noises...but a signal all the same.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alexismex
    replied
    Carolina, no it is not the vallon, it is a general pulse induction .

    Leave a comment:


  • stefan-s
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolina View Post
    Stefan-s:
    The VMH3CS has no visual screen to indicate depth. Only the audio ( for me ) indicates depth from a change in pitch. You
    can tell ( with practice ) the difference from large objects such as cell phones or cans and large iron verses coins and rings by their
    shape. Also almost always a shallow object will hit twice or with a double audio response.

    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Alexismex:
    Are you saying you have a threshold tone now with the VMH3CS with these phones? My detector is a silent search
    with audio response only when chatter because of sensitivity setting or a target response. Maybe I am deaf as the dickens.

    Thomas

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Stefan-s:
    The VMH3CS has no visual screen to indicate depth. Only the audio ( for me ) indicates depth from a change in pitch. You
    can tell ( with practice ) the difference from large objects such as cell phones or cans and large iron verses coins and rings by their
    shape. Also almost always a shallow object will hit twice or with a double audio response.

    Leave a comment:


  • stefan-s
    replied
    So if i understand you correct the detector give depth indication?

    Originally posted by Carolina View Post
    Stefan-s :
    The VALLON VMH3CS has no discrimination as you are questioning. There are those here that say they hear a difference in tones, t

    Carolina

    Leave a comment:


  • Alexismex
    replied
    Because i do not have a 6oo r, i used 64 Ohms headphone and it work , when you adjust your pulse detector at the threshold it make a sort a wooble (low fcy) and a high fcy also (the potenciometer adjust the pich) , and with the continuous mouvement of the threshold the sound it like a minelab sound....a squeaking, hissing, and chattering sound, like a rat...giving a sort of more sensibility in the search

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Stefan-s :
    The VALLON VMH3CS has no discrimination as you are questioning. There are those here that say they hear a difference in tones, but for me only depth of the target and not target type gives a distinct difference.

    Carolina

    Leave a comment:


  • Carolina
    replied
    Alexismex:
    Can you tell me where you found the 600 ohm Kobitone speakers used in the Rat phones? Have been looking for years
    now. The term Rat phone came from the 6" tail coming out of the phone that the phone cable plugged into. The cable was replaceable
    since that is the part that usually fails. With it unplugged the black phone with the tail resembled a rat. Let me know about those speakers please.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X