Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vallon VMH3CS Mine Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by armstrong View Post
    vallon VMH3CS manual,
    a friend of mine has the manual on Ebay....
    & would send an electronic link if asked.....
    You can now download the full operations manual for the Vallon VMH3CS in English from their website. It is the 2007 version which seems the same as the 2009 - 2010 detectors that are on the surplus market.

    Eric.

    http://www.vallon.de/pdf/download/Vertrieb/GB_VMH3cs_oper_manual_soft_1_14.pdf


    Leave a comment:


  • roadhog
    replied
    Hi All
    Just got a vallon VMH3CS for £180 here in the uk. was wondering if anyone had manage to flash the unit, or has a good step by step guide on building small/large coils for this unit?

    allso has anyone manage to locate a place to get the connectors used.

    cheers jj

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    The 2300 may be finding the tiny bits, but with only an 8in coil, how does it perform on larger nuggets more deeply buried? Eric.
    In doing my research (and lots of it!!) I saw a bloke who found a 114g nugget with the 23 at 18 inches.....Some others have reported 5g at 12 inches....The Vallon would scream on those too
    We have the small 1.8g test nugget....next time out we will try burying it and see when the 23 stops detecting it and if the Vallon still can.
    I think the 23 really fits the market on tiny bits...The Vallon likely would miss stuff under 0.3g....But, if we are talking bigger, I suspect the Vallon would keep up with the 23 and probably beat it for depth...We shall see

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    The 2300 may be finding the tiny bits, but with only an 8in coil, how does it perform on larger nuggets more deeply buried?

    I am really pleased that the Vallon works in Australia. I have read many reports on it's good performance in difficult ground in Cambodia, Croatia, Laos, plus the Terra Rossa soils in Italy. However, the published figures for magnetic viscosity in those areas are way below that for Australian ironstone soils and gravels. Initially, I had doubts that it would handle the high ground response in Australia's goldfields, but it seems from the evidence so far, that the Vallon detector is comfortable in those conditions. Thanks to yourself, kingswood, and others who were prepared to push the boat out and try something new.

    Eric.
    no worries
    The Vallon has not had an issue so far with handling the conditions around here. One area of our block is completely littered with black smooth weathered banded ironstone and the Vallon doesnt mind it at all
    As I said way earlier, there is a salt lake near me so I plan on getting out there soon too....will be interested to see how the Vallon handles that!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ferric Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    While the 2300 is a mechanically poor design , they are a vacuum cleaner, been shoulder to shoulder with one and my 4500,
    I know of a 2300 getting 15 bits for 1.5 gram, thats why its so hard to find any gold on public gold fields now,
    my Vallon is fine down to .2 gram nuggs
    The 2300 may be finding the tiny bits, but with only an 8in coil, how does it perform on larger nuggets more deeply buried?

    I am really pleased that the Vallon works in Australia. I have read many reports on it's good performance in difficult ground in Cambodia, Croatia, Laos, plus the Terra Rossa soils in Italy. However, the published figures for magnetic viscosity in those areas are way below that for Australian ironstone soils and gravels. Initially, I had doubts that it would handle the high ground response in Australia's goldfields, but it seems from the evidence so far, that the Vallon detector is comfortable in those conditions. Thanks to yourself, kingswood, and others who were prepared to push the boat out and try something new.

    Eric.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    While the 2300 is a mechanically poor design , they are a vacuum cleaner, been shoulder to shoulder with one and my 4500,
    I know of a 2300 getting 15 bits for 1.5 gram, thats why its so hard to find any gold on public gold fields now,
    my Vallon is fine down to .2 gram nuggs
    It did amaze me what the 23 detected....I found a fragment of bird shot that actually gave a good response at about 2 inches...shocked me a bit as it was so small I could barely see it!!
    Has your Vallon found a real, live, in the ground nugget yet??...I hope so...I am still wanting to tell my detecting friend "See, I told you it would find gold!!"

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    While the 2300 is a mechanically poor design , they are a vacuum cleaner, been shoulder to shoulder with one and my 4500,
    I know of a 2300 getting 15 bits for 1.5 gram, thats why its so hard to find any gold on public gold fields now,
    my Vallon is fine down to .2 gram nuggs

    Leave a comment:


  • armstrong
    replied
    Vallon VMH3CS Manual

    Ebay item 112383963451..i think

    Leave a comment:


  • armstrong
    replied
    vallon VMH3CS manual,
    a friend of mine has the manual on Ebay....
    & would send an electronic link if asked.....

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by greylourie View Post
    Yes it is dynamite on small stuff. But that is all its got going for it. As for a list of things wrong with the sdc, you have already mentioned the loose batteries. A bump or the simple act of placing it on the ground results in re-start. But what about the proprietary audio connection that is prone to failure. Or the famous coil knuckle wear. A heavy lump stuck with a 8" coil.

    How would it compare with the vallon on larger deeper targets, buried on your hottest patch ? Ones with longer time constants, like maybe your Oz 1 dollar and the smaller 2 dollar coin. Hopefully results would give us vallon owners a boost.

    Please excuse me for asking this Kingswood, but you wouldn't by any chance have an electronic copy of the vallon manual you could bung my way.
    Msg sent.
    Yes i will try the 1 and 2 dollar coins...now I have a decent machine to compare the Vallon with, it makes sense to try a comparison

    Leave a comment:


  • greylourie
    replied
    Originally posted by Ferric Toes View Post
    The make of gold detectors that predominate, is of course Minelab.
    Yes, they have home advantage, when it comes to developing and testing. (But that should not be an excuse for other manufacturers to bow out of the race and not produce product with matching capability.) The cult of minelab grew in origin from having a healthy local demand for a detector that would produce positive results in their trying conditions. You are absolutely right that it is advertising building on advertising. Satisfied customers bring in more sales, and can also return to buy the next model upgrade. Although, I do feel that detector capability has a great influence on market share and sales. I just wish that other equally capable but more affordable models could be available from a range of manufacturers.

    If you had not started this Vallon thread, I would not own a very affordable top notch P.I. So, thank you for that.

    Leave a comment:


  • greylourie
    replied
    How deep can the Vallon go in comparison ?

    Originally posted by kingswood View Post
    The 23 is dynamite on small things though!...picked up a tiny piece of lead fragment that I struggled to see even once it was in the scoop.
    Yesterday, while swinging the Vallon, detected a tiny piece of wire that was less than 3mm long.
    Yes it is dynamite on small stuff. But that is all its got going for it. As for a list of things wrong with the sdc, you have already mentioned the loose batteries. A bump or the simple act of placing it on the ground results in re-start. But what about the proprietary audio connection that is prone to failure. Or the famous coil knuckle wear. A heavy lump stuck with a 8" coil.

    How would it compare with the vallon on larger deeper targets, buried on your hottest patch ? Ones with longer time constants, like maybe your Oz 1 dollar and the smaller 2 dollar coin. Hopefully results would give us vallon owners a boost.

    Please excuse me for asking this Kingswood, but you wouldn't by any chance have an electronic copy of the vallon manual you could bung my way.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Yes thats right, but you may have to strip 20 feet of top dirt off your lease, like they are doing here in Victoria, there have been several recent discovery's of large nuggets here, but they have been in very deep trenches well beyond detectors just used on the normal surface.
    yep...this is very true
    I can remove 500 tonnes....by hand...so many blisters ha ha
    There is an old dry creek that has been dug in one small area half way down an ironstone/quartz hill by old timers down to bedrock...very small maybe 2 metre area. I am considering digging lower than that, down towards the gully just to see what happens ....if there is any gold, I sure as heck will be applying for a works program to increase my tonnage by machinery

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Gold is where you find it.
    Yes thats right, but you may have to strip 20 feet of top dirt off your lease, like they are doing here in Victoria, there have been several recent discovery's of large nuggets here, but they have been in very deep trenches well beyond detectors just used on the normal surface.

    Leave a comment:


  • kingswood
    replied
    Good post Eric
    The Vallon will detect nuggets at good depths in highly mineralized soil according to the small ones I have buried. Still trying to find one that I didnt bury
    I think you are spot on about Minelab....They have been very clever in cornering the PI market in gold detecting. They realized that many people are just happy to be getting gold of any size and adjusted detectors accordingly. I know a few long term prospectors over here that use the SD 2000/2100 as their primary machine, especially when patch hunting. I also know one prospector who sold his 7000 after 3 months and went back to the 5000...."To heavy, to hard to swing".
    The largest nugget detected in West Australia was found with the 2000. The largest nugget in Vic found with a detector was found with an old VLF Garrett . Of course large nuggets are still out here....you just have to be in the right place and walk a lot. Our lease is smack bang in the "right" area for gold...It is right in the middle of a greenstone belt and has all the right geology. Did all the prospectors before me get it all? Judging by the amount of very old lead I am detecting, no they would not have
    Gold is where you find it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X