Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MartinB
    replied
    Can you help me please as I am in new territory. I have the V4.2 source file and hex file here at PICKINI PI Detector but they both appear to be text files. How do I get them from the web site and convert them into something my Picket3 can use? Alternatively, if anyone already has these files in a useable format, would you mind sharing?​

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    Thank you very much

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    According to this post by MartyJ1963 -- a basket coil would give best results.
    I never tried it myself:




    https://www.geotech1.com/forums/foru...544#post259544

    Last edited by BC547; 05-05-2025, 04:01 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    gurdal


    You can find plenty of information on coil / wire sizes in the dedicate coil section of this forum. https://www.geotech1.com/forums/forum/technology/coils
    A coil for Pickini v4 is not different from any other generic PI coil.
    Inductance: 300 - 400 microHenry --- resistance 1 - 3 Ohm
    Here is some info on my hands-on coil build:



    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    Hello F117 master,
    What should be the coil wire thickness and mh value information for an 18 cm sensor?
    Thank you very much

    Gurdal

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    The LM318 has a higher bandwidth and slew rate than the LF356 or LF411. LM318 = 70V/microsecond vs 12-13V/microsecond for the others.
    No idea if "it will not work" because of this... I never tried.

    Leave a comment:


  • algan
    replied
    Will it work if another integrated circuit is used instead of LM318, for example, LF356 or LF411?

    Leave a comment:


  • Olly
    replied
    Originally posted by Boadil View Post

    It has the zip with the files for the PCB
    Inside the .zip file is a sub-directory called 'gerbers', these are the PCB manufacturing files.
    Just zip up this 'gerbers' directory and send it to JLC or wherever you plan on having the boards made.

    Note that the gerber naming convention is as defined by JLC (They have a guide on their website for producing gerbers from KiCad the way they like it.)

    Cheers,

    Leave a comment:


  • Boadil
    replied
    Originally posted by Olly View Post
    Here is the documentation package of the board. The PCB is 4 layers which I had made at JLC PCB for $28 for 5 boards.
    Please note that the 470 Ohm resistor R4 must be replaced by 2 x 1K 0805 resistors soldered on top of each other as the single 0805 470 R resistor is incapable of handling the power and fails...

    [ATTACH]n436354[/ATTACH]


    I also kept the PIC as a DIP device for ease of reprogramming.

    Kind regards
    It has the zip with the files for the PCB

    Leave a comment:


  • Boadil
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post
    So I've got all parts but the Pickit3 programmer. Didn't want to wait so I used Pickit2 to program the chip.
    Since the PIC16F1824 was missing from the list of supported devices I tried to update the list (here is the new file list).
    Pasted it as C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\PICkit 2 v2\PK2DeviceFile.dat (keep the original one too, just in case).
    And it worked!
    low voltage for recording this pic?

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by Olly View Post
    Yeah, my board cost was very low too, the price I mentioned was with shipping by DHL included.
    That explains it. I always go for the cheapest shipping option and generally receive my boards in 6 to 10 days.

    Leave a comment:


  • Olly
    replied
    Yeah, my board cost was very low too, the price I mentioned was with shipping by DHL included.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Hi Olly,

    Thanks for the info. Looks really exciting.

    5 boards cost me £3.91 including shipping from JCLPCB so not sure why yours were so expensive.

    Leave a comment:


  • Olly
    replied
    Here is the documentation package of the board. The PCB is 4 layers which I had made at JLC PCB for $28 for 5 boards.
    Please note that the 470 Ohm resistor R4 must be replaced by 2 x 1K 0805 resistors soldered on top of each other as the single 0805 470 R resistor is incapable of handling the power and fails...

    Pickini_V4_Refactored.zip


    I also kept the PIC as a DIP device for ease of reprogramming.

    Kind regards

    Leave a comment:


  • mc_307
    replied
    Originally posted by Olly View Post
    More than a year ago I did a tiny SMD version of the board, today I finally got around to building and testing it.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1068.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	459.2 KB
ID:	436327
    It's only 50mm x 30mm.
    Here it is next to a Pound Coin.
    Works great with V4.2 of the hex file.

    Thanks for a great design Bernard.
    Hello, is there any documentation for pcb? Thank you.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X