You can find the source file for Pickini v4.2 here - I just uploaded it:
The comparator slicing level is changed along with the sensitivity potmeter setting: the higher the sensitivity, the higher the slicing level of the flyback pulse.
Higher = closer to the steady state DC voltage. The closer to steady state, the more sensitive to small changes in the pulse width.
But also less stable.
You can even turn it up above steady state level, resulting in no more pulse output from the comparator and the coil error sound will signal this.
This sensitivity adaptation gives the user an extra degree of freedom.
Enjoy,
- Bernard
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector
Collapse
X
-
thanks for a quick reply.
Yes, I have already found that parameter.
I was asking about the source versions. Latest is V4.2 sensitivity setting influences the comparator slicing value
Linked file is V4.1 I believe.
What does "sensitivity setting influences the comparator slicing value" do in real life?
Leave a comment:
-
When you look into the source file here:
In the constants definitions area - in the beginning of the file:
#define TX_PULSE_WIDTH 100 // TX pulse width in microseconds
You can change this to the value you want.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi F117!
Thanks for a great project and opening it to the public!
There is a source file for V4.1 firmware on your project homepage. Could you share V4.2? I would like to compile it for >200us for bigger coil.
Board is already assembled, no time to test it out outside.. I'm looking for a simple machine to detect larger objects (axe size and above) with 50-100cm depth.
It would also be great to make it switchable from small to large coil mode on a single PIC
But the price for components is so small, that two detectors could also be made
Leave a comment:
-
Hi
I made the circuit.
worked.
there was no good perception.
bs170 and irf740 burned.
Then i will look again.
for now my love idx pro
Leave a comment:
-
Has anyone done this circuit, is it very unstable, or barking, or the mineralization reaction is particularly strong? What is the depth of detection? Informed people please tell me, thank you plus thank you
Leave a comment:
-
Is anyone willing to contribute a SMD PCB file? Does it need a power amplifier?
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by liudengyuan View PostThank you, but I still need the 200us version, because I use a 1mx1m coil, is anyone willing to change its tx pulse width to 350us, thank you
You can get the 200uS TX pulse hex file direct from here http://users.telenet.be/willaert/MD/...ini4.0_200.hex
when you click the link it will display as text, just save and rename it to anything you want but with a .hex extension and burn the hex file
Leave a comment:
-
You are going to need to learn how to program PICs yourself if you want to make changes. The source code is available for several projects and the PIC compiler is free. There are lots of how-to videos to help, and I think in a few days you can easily learn how to do this.
Leave a comment:
-
Thank you, but I still need the 200us version, because I use a 1mx1m coil, is anyone willing to change its tx pulse width to 350us, thank you
Leave a comment:
-
@Liudengyuan. This works for me. Regards, MartyAttached Files
Leave a comment:
-
what reason. Can't burn, why not provide normal hex file, but txt file?
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: