Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chiringo
    replied
    Dear f117
    I have LM318 from three different brands, one bought from aliexpress and two bought from different local stores
    There is no difference between them
    I still have low sensitivity
    The pcb is the eagle of the official page of pickini 4
    As soon as I have a little time I will do the checks that you suggest
    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    Did you buy the LM318 on AliExpress ?
    10 pcs for 2€ or even less?

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    - Measure the DC level on the opamp pin 3. When you power the board you should see it change and end up around 7 to 8 V. But you should see it change after power on and remain steady afterward.
    - The same DC variation should be observed after startup on the PIC pin 13 - but between 0-5V and in opposite polarity of pin of the opamp: when you see the voltage on pin 3 go up after startup, you should see the voltage on pin 13 of the PIC go down. This is the automatic offset calibration cycle after startup.

    - Which layout did you use for the PCB?
    - If you use the same coil for testing both PCBs, there may be something wrong with the coil.
    Can you measure the coil inductance and resistance : 300-500 microHenry and around 1-3 Ohm ?

    Do you have an oscilloscope ?
    On pin 8 and 9 of the PIC you should see this waveform:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	flyback.png
Views:	2
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	362326

    Or maybe a bad batch of LM318 ?

    On this picture, you can see a close-up of the LM318 on one of my early boards - that work fine:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Pickini4_PCB2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	362327

    Leave a comment:


  • Chiringo
    replied
    Dear F117
    I made a new pcb, I have exactly the same problem ... with LM318 it only detects 3-4cm from the coil at maximum sensitivity
    I am using TL071 or LF356 and performance is good
    Maybe badly programmed pic?
    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    thank you very much F117,
    I want to use it with 27cm coil.
    coil thickness and resistance value,
    damping resistor.
    Can I catch the small coin 30 cm with the coil of the diameter I will use?
    thanks a lot
    Gurdal

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    @Gurdal: you can use a generic NPN transistor to drive a speaker, like eg the audio on Felezjoo:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	speaker.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	362203

    @Chiringo:
    Does the calibration procedure at startup work normally?
    You should hear the welcome sound, followed by a couple of ticks and then the detector should be ready.
    This takes max 5s with v4.1 of the software.
    If it takes longer, there is something wrong with the analog frontend: coil -> opamp.

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    good day F117,
    I want to use 8 ohm speakers in the circuit.
    Can you send me the parts I need to add with a small diagram?

    Best regards
    Gurdal

    Leave a comment:


  • Chiringo
    replied
    Sorry for the delay in answering I'm a little busy
    The software version is 4.1 faster calibration
    The potentiometer adjusts well from 0 to 5 volts on pin 3 of the pic
    The plate is installed inside a glued box and with all the cables connected, so little detail will be appreciated
    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    Check pin 3 of the PIC: does the sensitivity setting change with the potmeter between 0 - 5 V ?
    When turning the sensitivity potmeter, does the DC offset at pin 3 of the opamp change ? ( only with SW version 4.2 )
    DC at pin 4 of the opamp should really be 0V = GND.
    Which SW version did you program: 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2 ?




    Maybe a picture of the board and coil could reveal something.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chiringo
    replied
    Good afternoon F117

    With lm318 installed:

    pin 1 8,62v
    pin2 7,32v
    pin 3 7,70v
    pin 4 0,16v
    pin 5 8,62v
    pin 6 8,35v
    pin 7 11,07v
    pin 8 1,43v
    barely detects 2 cm with the potentiometer of san butt sensitivity

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    Can you check the DC values on the opamp pins compared to the values here:

    Leave a comment:


  • Chiringo
    replied
    Hi all
    I have sensitivity problems with lm318, I have tried several from different sources and it only detects a maximum of 5cm from the coil
    If I put tl071 the sensitivity is acceptable but unstable
    The best behavior I get with an old Motorola lf356
    Someone who can clarify something for me about this?
    Thank you and happy holidays

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    is anyone able to convert the project to pic18f4520?
    thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    Hello friends.
    Today is a beautiful day.
    Idx Pro and Pickini Got Good Results.
    Thank you very much to those who contributed to the projects.

    best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Chiringo
    replied
    Solved the problem
    Bad coil connection Now it's working
    thanks Bernard

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X