Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BC547
    replied
    This is the Coil error sound. The microcontoller does not see the analo
    g flyback pulse at the output of the opamp.
    There is something wrong with the mosfet drive circuit / Coil / analog frontend.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chiringo
    replied
    I have already assembled the pickini 4 gives the start tone, also the idle tones but at 25-30 seconds it gives three short beeps and the low but continuous battery sound
    Any idea of the problem?
    Thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • Chiringo
    replied
    Dear 6666
    The K150 is a very cheap Chinese programmer, which you have to look for the software on the net (it is easily found)
    I acquired it to record a pic12f675 and make a Malysh fm pinpointer
    By the way ....... be careful with this pic, the oscal is easily erased and leaves the pic unusable (5 in my case)
    It must have been because of my complete ignorance in recording pics

    Leave a comment:


  • Chiringo
    replied
    I am very grateful to you both I have already recorded the pic now I just need to finish something and try
    I will keep you informed From the beginning I knew that
    I was facing a project for which I did not have a minimum of the necessary knowledge
    Thanks again

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Chiringo View Post
    First of all say it's my first time trying to record a pic
    First of all I found that my K150 programmer did not accept pic 16f1824
    Today I received the pickit 3, but the download file for the pickini 4.0 software is not a folder with a HEX file
    Can someone explain to me what I should do to save the pic?
    I am completely lost
    Thank you

    Not sure of your question, but to save the hex file click the link, select all and save as text file, then re name as .hex and burn, dont know what a K150 is, I use a real pickit.

    Leave a comment:


  • wtrk
    replied
    There are lots of comments. So I want to make it, dip also smd version, do you advice me ?
    Thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    Right click - save link as Pickini4.0.hex:



    This is not a folder, this is The File.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chiringo
    replied
    First of all say it's my first time trying to record a pic
    First of all I found that my K150 programmer did not accept pic 16f1824
    Today I received the pickit 3, but the download file for the pickini 4.0 software is not a folder with a HEX file
    Can someone explain to me what I should do to save the pic?
    I am completely lost
    Thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • Chiringo
    replied
    I will do so!!!
    Thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    Start with v4.0.
    If this works but you want to have full manual control over the sensitivity; switch to 4.2.
    The 200 microsecond pulse width is intended for large coils.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chiringo
    replied
    Dear partners
    I have built the pcb of the pickini4, now comes the complicated part ..........
    This is the first time that I am going to try to program a pic.
    I have the k150 programmer, in the software section I find the following hex files.
    Hex for Pickini4.0 - initial comparator offset value = middle

    Hex for Pickini4.0 - same as 4.0 but 200 microseconds pulse width instead of 100

    Hex for Pickini4.1 - initial comparator offset value read from EEPROM = faster calibration

    Source file Pickini v4.2

    Hex for Pickini4.2 - sensitivity setting influences the comparator slicing value
    Which of them should I choose to program the pic?
    Thanks in advance

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by SaltyDog View Post
    Thanks Bernard,

    I will try MPLAB-X, will let you know when I have completed the port to the new/different compiler ..

    @waltr Don't you mean the XC16?

    Cheers
    No, the PIC16 and PIC18 processors are 8-bit so use the XC8 compiler.
    XC16 is a 16-bit compiler used for the PIC24 and DsPIC processors.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by F117 View Post
    @MdToday,
    Nice work
    Glad to see that somebody picks up the source code and starts modifying it. Otherwise there would be no point in publishing it.
    Nice board too ! What are all these 3-way connectors for ?
    Are you going to publish your modifications ? Both schematic and software ?

    Best regards,
    - Bernard

    Thanks F117 and thanks for your original work!. I did this one quite a while ago and will revisit.
    I had the intention of making a pin pointer based on the Pickini 4 but a long list of projects pushed it back.

    Yes, I fully intend to publish this version of course, as a complete project and modified firmware.

    I used the PIC16F1829 as it is a very close relative of the PIC16F1824 and I have plenty of them.



    On the connectors, one is audio output, the extra connectors are spare analog /digital port pins with Power,Port,GND, also paralleled those same ports plus PWR,GND in one connector.
    So options for experimenting. I always bring out unused port pins during prototyping rather than soldering-desoldering wires.
    JST connectors are a few cents each, also makes life easier during initial testing.

    Final design will be a pin pointer and have less connectors but include 18650 single LIon cell holder and boost regulator on a longer narrower board.

    The single cell 3.6 - 12v boost design has been tested with this circuit and there are no issues with noise affecting sensitivity or stability of the detector.

    I have some immediate projects to complete so as I get time over the next few months I'll try put it all together.

    Cheers

    Mdtoday
    Last edited by Mdtoday; 11-19-2020, 10:28 AM. Reason: typo

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    @MdToday,
    Nice work
    Glad to see that somebody picks up the source code and starts modifying it. Otherwise there would be no point in publishing it.
    Nice board too ! What are all these 3-way connectors for ?
    Are you going to publish your modifications ? Both schematic and software ?

    Best regards,
    - Bernard

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    That was meant to read PIC16F1829....

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X