Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BC547
    replied
    The sensitivity potmeter between 5v and Gnd can be 4k7 or 10K.
    It is not listed in the parts list.
    The parts list is just a copy of the BOM generated by Eagle - and since the potmeter is not on the PCB, it's not on the parts list.
    Neither is the audio jack, on/off switch, pinpoint pushbutton, ... anything that is connected via wires to the PCB.

    If you power the microcontroller only - 5V only, it should produce the welcome sound on the audio output.
    And after a while, a low error sound because the coil flyback is not detected ( coil not connected ).
    You should also have a 100 microsecond pulse every 2 ms on pin 5 of the controller - this goes to the IRF gate after level conversion to 12V.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    I am close to starting this project I understand that 10K is ok for the sensitivity pot, but where is that listed on parts list ?

    If I connect just 5v +and - batt to the chip will it produce any pulses just for testing programming ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Eddy71
    replied
    All Fuse-bit present in hex-file

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    IC Fuse setup ???

    Leave a comment:


  • bang80
    replied
    Hi,
    Thank you for the PDF SMD version. I have the program, a program card , PIC pgm software and SMD version of PIC. So I will try to build that with my hot gun and solder paste.
    Have a nice day !

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    @bang80:
    my Pickiny V4 buil with semi kit of Bernard is very good.
    Glad you liked it. The purpose of the kit was to lower the threshold of using a small yet powerful microcontroller.

    Now, that you have the SMD layout - thanks to bernte_one, Arionas, dbanner, .., please be aware that you will have to program the SMD controller yourself.
    The programmed chip that I offer separately or in the semi-kit is the through-hole version.

    Success !,
    - Bernard

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    SMD layout. Ready to print.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • bang80
    replied
    Pickini V4 SMD File

    Thank you for your help
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Arionas
    replied
    46118[ATTACH]

    post # 649
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by bang80 View Post
    Hi,
    my Pickiny V4 buil with semi kit of Bernard is very good. I want try to buil the SMD version but I have just a .lay6 file. So if somebody can give me the copper layer in PDF file with scale 1:1 because I can only wiew the file with demo version of SprintLayout. Thank yo far all.
    please show the smd files here, i can give you pdf print black white from sprint layout

    Leave a comment:


  • bang80
    replied
    Hi,
    my Pickiny V4 buil with semi kit of Bernard is very good. I want try to buil the SMD version but I have just a .lay6 file. So if somebody can give me the copper layer in PDF file with scale 1:1 because I can only wiew the file with demo version of SprintLayout. Thank yo far all.

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM DEPTH OF THIS PI LET SAY THE TARGET IS 2feet X 2feet GOLD/PLATINUM/SILVER.
    Depth of any PI detector is largely determined by the coil size.
    With a 1m x 1m coil you will achieve greater depth than with a classic 8 inch round coil.
    A 1m x 1m cable coil would be my first choice if I had the luxury to retrieve a 2ftx2ft gold bar

    Leave a comment:


  • Bhathu saaii
    replied
    WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM DEPTH OF THIS PI LET SAY THE TARGET IS 2feet X 2feet GOLD/PLATINUM/SILVER.

    thanks you ^_^

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    Correction - my mistake: lead and gold are not even close for electrical conductivity.
    I mixed up lead and copper. Lead is closer to iron, which is the metal that all PI detectors will detect.

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    Can you check all the DC values at the pins of the controller and opamp : http://users.telenet.be/willaert/MD/...ectronics.html
    10K is OK for the sensitivity potmeter. Does the sensitivity voltage change between 0 and 5V when turning the potmeter ?
    The conductivity of lead is typically close to that of gold, so if you can detect gold, it should also detect lead.
    It seems like your PCB is also OK since it detects normally on other metal ?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X