Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOLDSCAN 5 SCHEMATIC QUESTION

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Idefix
    replied
    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    I noticed you put D7 a normal silicon diode. It should be a Schottky. Its function is to prevent JFETs gates from conducting when forward biassed. Trouble with JFETs is that a gate-channel barrier is lightly doped, so the gate-barrier diode forward voltage is lower than that of normal silicon diodes, and therefore a normal diode can't prevent JFETs from conducting in this configuration. Try BAT85 instead.
    Also SS22 vishay diodes can be used. Vf is lower . But with 2K2 before, it is not absolutely necessary in fact. ( Looking in spice, it does not make difference. Depending on the models, sure. It is not the real life )

    2K2also makes the gain half of the previous sheme.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Look here, at least thats on original GS5.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    Thank you, Altra ! I believe that everything is correct ...

    Leave a comment:


  • Altra
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipse View Post

    U2A - the resistor between leg 1 and 3 must be 47K. The op amp UA2 is TLC2262. The capacitor between leg 1 and 3 (100nF) is 47nF

    Integrator inputs are wrong.


    How do you know do you have the same circuit board in front of you?

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Originally posted by Idefix View Post
    Hi

    Many thanks for these posts. Very usefull.

    Jose, about the GSX5JB, your drawings looks like using the CadStar CAO. Is it ?
    It's DipTrace which I also use.

    Originally posted by Davor View Post
    I noticed you put D7 a normal silicon diode. It should be a Schottky. Its function is to prevent JFETs gates from conducting when forward biassed. Trouble with JFETs is that a gate-channel barrier is lightly doped, so the gate-barrier diode forward voltage is lower than that of normal silicon diodes, and therefore a normal diode can't prevent JFETs from conducting in this configuration. Try BAT85 instead.
    Davor I was working today on my Goldscan 4 board (basicly the same is this one) and didn't have BAT85, so I used 1N4148 - it works well with those. Probably it's not too critical.

    Originally posted by Altra View Post
    Double check for errors!
    U2A - the resistor between leg 1 and 3 must be 47K. The op amp UA2 is TLC2262. The capacitor between leg 1 and 3 (100nF) is 47nF

    Integrator inputs are wrong.


    Last edited by eclipse; 11-25-2017, 08:38 PM. Reason: edited

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose View Post
    ...To differentiate the Turkish scheme, call it GSX5JB.
    Jose[ATTACH]41051[/ATTACH]
    I noticed you put D7 a normal silicon diode. It should be a Schottky. Its function is to prevent JFETs gates from conducting when forward biassed. Trouble with JFETs is that a gate-channel barrier is lightly doped, so the gate-barrier diode forward voltage is lower than that of normal silicon diodes, and therefore a normal diode can't prevent JFETs from conducting in this configuration. Try BAT85 instead.

    Leave a comment:


  • Altra
    replied
    Double check for errors!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Idefix
    replied
    Originally posted by Altra View Post
    Here is the audio section from the TDI Pro proto-type.
    .....
    I bread boarded the circuit using a CD4046 instead of the AD654. Also used 2N2222's for the npn's and PN2907's for the pnp's.
    Probably some mistakes, but easier than looking at photos
    Originally posted by Jose View Post
    The first part of the GS5 scheme has errors.
    What I am publishing, is my version based on the Turkish scheme but with the corrected errors.
    It may be something different, but it is working.
    To differentiate the Turkish scheme, call it GSX5JB.
    Jose
    Hi

    Many thanks for these posts. Very usefull.

    Jose, about the GSX5JB, your drawings looks like using the CadStar CAO. Is it ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    Does he alter iron tone „instantly“ after crossing above the iron target ?Does it work on 3khz and what is the width of the pulse ? Thank you Nenad !

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Hello Orbita
    If it is tested, it is working.
    There may be some involuntary error, even if doubts arise, we can compare with my prototype that is working.
    JoseClick image for larger version

Name:	FotoGSX5JB.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	349690

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    Hi Jose !
    Is this version tested ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    The first part of the GS5 scheme has errors.
    What I am publishing, is my version based on the Turkish scheme but with the corrected errors.
    It may be something different, but it is working.
    To differentiate the Turkish scheme, call it GSX5JB.
    JoseClick image for larger version

Name:	GSX5JB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	778.2 KB
ID:	349689

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Thanks Altra for posting.
    Some time ago, I came to the conclusion that it is the same audio as the CS7 Scope, looking at some images, but multiplied by two logically.
    We can say that part of the GS5 audio, we had in front of our noses all the time.
    I have a similar prototype worked, but this is more complete.
    The first part of the GS5, you have some errors, I will publish my version that is tested and works in a next post.
    Jose

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Bravo! Thanks for posting.

    Leave a comment:


  • Altra
    replied
    Here is the audio section from the TDI Pro proto-type. I did not publish before, but White recently announced that this model is now discontinued. This was reversed from a prototype unit, so I assume many changes and improvements were made to the more current units. It should be very close to the last GS5 and will match up to the incomplete schematic on Geotech. Whites added a LM386 amplifier to drive a speaker. I added the Hi/Lo tone switch which was not on the prototype.

    I bread boarded the circuit using a CD4046 instead of the AD654. Also used 2N2222's for the npn's and PN2907's for the pnp's.

    Probably some mistakes, but easier than looking at photos
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X