Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
GOLDSCAN 5 SCHEMATIC QUESTION
Collapse
X
-
-
My idea is testing every section separately, correct of errors and put here correct sehamatic and pcb file.
Now i see timing section AB and CD timings are same and i dont understand who is 1 sample and others because now C ,B is about 10us from TX and DA samples is about 120us from TX
Leave a comment:
-
With any schematic posted or published one needs to go through each stage and Understand how it works.Then at least the simple errors like backwards op-amps and transistor are found.The TDI Proto schematic is Full of these errors. Not sure if that was intentional or this schematic was just a Very Preliminary one for the 'general' signal flow.Originally posted by dbanner View PostTrue. How does one distinguish a good schematic among many that contain errors in the same thread? I start from the assumption that all contain errors, however minor. Even some published schematics from Companies, deliberately contain errors.
The hard errors to notice are wrong component values.
IF you understand the circuit, example is the 47nF cap across the feed-back of the Hammer Head II Pre-amp, then a value way out is easily spotted. The cap/resistor values for the Timing circuit in the TDI Proto could be why off. Also, I doubt that the TDI, even the first ones, actually used the timing on that proto schematic.
Sometimes these value errors are due to Copy/Paste of parts and then forgetting to change the value (done this).
Last, one should Prototype any posted schematic or at least stages to ensure it actually works. This is what I did to build my version of the Hammer Head circuits (see my thread "my take on the HH2" in the HH II sub-forum).
Leave a comment:
-
Sacho has very good reputation on his designs. So I expect this will be no different. Thanks sacho for all your schematics through the years.
Leave a comment:
-
True. How does one distinguish a good schematic among many that contain errors in the same thread? I start from the assumption that all contain errors, however minor. Even some published schematics from Companies, deliberately contain errors.
Leave a comment:
-
Occasionally I browse through SD2000 and Goldscan topics only to see schematics brim full of errors. At this level of complexity it is not reassuring to simply boldly go and make yourself a detector using these schematics. I'm not sure why it is so.
Hopefully Sasho's schematic will be correct.
Leave a comment:
-
Is not a complicated- amplifier of a proportion of two signals and you get ground balance and discrimination.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: