Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOLDSCAN 5 SCHEMATIC QUESTION

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose View Post
    Here are the files GS5 of the first part and the audio, in DipTrace format for those who want to modify them.
    Jose[ATTACH]41072[/ATTACH][ATTACH]41073[/ATTACH]
    Can you post the file as jpg type because i can't open them???

    Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    the 1st amp NE5534 should be the AP version which is low noise type.

    Leave a comment:


  • Altra
    replied
    Jose, Thank you for the files. I'll try to make a new one for the TDi

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Originally posted by Altra View Post
    If you guys want to make an accurate schematic. I suggest we do it in diptrace. That way a few of us can make the changes before making public a final version. I did my drawings in a old version Orcad capture and it's not easy to go back and renumber parts. If Jose can send me his GS5 diptrace file it will save me a lot of time. I don't want to post multiple corrected schematics like so many other threads on this forum.

    For frontend diodes many people use BAV99's they are fast and have a low capacitance.
    Here are the files GS5 of the first part and the audio, in DipTrace format for those who want to modify them.
    Josex2.rarGS45 3.rar

    Leave a comment:


  • Altra
    replied
    If you guys want to make an accurate schematic. I suggest we do it in diptrace. That way a few of us can make the changes before making public a final version. I did my drawings in a old version Orcad capture and it's not easy to go back and renumber parts. If Jose can send me his GS5 diptrace file it will save me a lot of time. I don't want to post multiple corrected schematics like so many other threads on this forum.

    For frontend diodes many people use BAV99's they are fast and have a low capacitance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    Only the diode is missing, what are you blaming? Diodes are not critical !

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Here is a link of 1N4149. Use only reputable sources (Farnell, Mouser, Digikey, RS, etc.).
    Those diodes are rigid as they can come. I'm on my ~300 diode of these (3rd bag of 100s - not even one failed diode - I don't even measure them like I used to, before soldering).

    Leave a comment:


  • Idefix
    replied
    Hi..
    Looking more closely at the specs, you are right. SS20 is not the good choice.. 1N4148 is about some pf against some hundred pf..

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    1N4149, Thanks have ordered some.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Originally posted by Idefix View Post
    Yes , 2 diodes , it is half current in each, so it is more safe. And the voltage is also lower, because of the curve V/I of the diodes.
    Let s try a SS22 , it is a schottky , half the voltage of silicium .
    1n4148 has far less capacitance which you'd want for those diodes. Sticking to 2x or 3x configuration of 1n4148 is best.
    I buy packs of x100 1N4149 (fairchild/on) from mouser which are rated 500mA / 4A continuous current.
    After I started using those I've never had a deffective piece which happened all the time with cheaper alternatives if they are used on the edge of their specification, sometimes even 1/2 of that would make them pop.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Originally posted by Altra View Post
    Eclipse is correct about the integrator inputs reversed. The integrator is a TL062, the next 4 amps same page are a quad lt1114. The audio gain stage is a LT1112. A quad TL064 is used for the absolute amplifier with one of the amps unused. I drew this for reference not to clone. If people find something they question circle it on the schematic and post. I will try to verify.
    Altra also the first preamp stage should be inverting, so you need to reverse PIN2 and PIN3 (NE5534).
    Also look at the power supply pins - those are mismatched (PIN4 / PIN7) (NE5534, AD8065)

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I noticed this on TDI pro proto schematic. I think maybe wrong?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Idefix
    replied
    Yes , 2 diodes , it is half current in each, so it is more safe. And the voltage is also lower, because of the curve V/I of the diodes.
    Let s try a SS22 , it is a schottky , half the voltage of silicium .

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Idefix View Post
    6666 : the diodes: also have a look on The Stuart PI, and his comments about the diode. He uses a BY407A.


    Thanks for the info, now that I zoom in to see the part numbers on the Stuart PI, I can see he used a BY407A, good idea, will try this in future,
    I figured the 2 diodes in parallel on the GS5 was for some voltage/current load shareing stress relief .

    Leave a comment:


  • Idefix
    replied
    6666 : the diodes: also have a look on The Stuart PI, and his comments about the diode. He uses a BY407A.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X