Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOLDSCAN 5 SCHEMATIC QUESTION

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Orbit
    replied
    Originally posted by daverave View Post
    Hi Orbit...how much total circuit current you drawing from the batteries at 200 uS TX ??? surely at 200 uS you will loose some depth on small gold.
    I have not noticed a loss of 1.8 grams concretely ! Otherwise I have to look around about spending where I wrote Consumption from 100us and 200us .. I'll see the notes tomorrow .Maybe I'm something twisted I did it two years ago ! I've been experimenting with various pulse widths maybe it's 800hz here,, I'll write tomorrow !

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    A TX of 200 us, is not possible at the frequency of 3200, 3300 Hz, because the sample pulses of channel 2 are superimposed with the next TX pulse.
    Also the power consumption would be very high.
    Jose

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    Hi Orbit...how much total circuit current you drawing from the batteries at 200 uS TX ??? surely at 200 uS you will loose some depth on small gold.

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    No error with tx 100us but not bad a little more energy tx 200us .

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    Hi Orbit

    i think the TX is between 100 - 120 uS

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GS 5.gif
Views:	3
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	349145

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    almost done. just need to label components
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Toss out sprint layout. Use schematic & pcb design software like diptrace, eagle.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Gs5 pcb

    I am working on gs5 PCB layout using sprint layout 6. It is almost complete. Will be posting it this coming weekend. I am leaving out the 4001 as its not necessary. Power supply will be on separate board. 4046 based vco audio(mickstv) will be on separate daughter board. I am trying to adhere to principles outlined in the following document about PCB design. Noise and inherent instability arising from layout is main concern. Any suggestions would be welcome. The design is throughole.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    The GS 5 schematic posted on this site is based on the original early GS 5 from what i see...personally i think the 4001 circuit is a good thing to have to stop any loud blair in your headphones...but its each to his own i guess.

    Leave a comment:


  • eclipse
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexismex View Post
    Ok Eclipse , now schematic GS5-1.1pdf is correct in these part (R25 to -5V).......... if all the schematic is good , now ?.... i don't not know.... the problem is where 4001 output is connected because i test it and it did not mute completely the first shoot !!!
    Why should be bothered with the whole 4001 section. Eric confirmed its not an oscillator and i think it wont effect overal performance if you just exclude it. The rest of the design needs more attention maybe there are some more mistakes?

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    Hi Orbit...its not correct to schematic but if yours works that all that matters.

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose View Post
    I do not know if this 4001 schema is correct. But it works.
    Jose[ATTACH]40109[/ATTACH]

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    I do not know if this 4001 schema is correct. But it works.
    JoseClick image for larger version

Name:	GS5 4001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	349024

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexismex View Post
    Ok Eclipse , now schematic GS5-1.1pdf is correct in these part (R25 to -5V).......... if all the schematic is good , now ?.... i don't not know.... the problem is where 4001 output is connected because i test it and it did not mute completely the first shoot !!!

    did you see my above post concerning CD 4001

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X