@Mdtoday, looking over the Log that you sent me, I do notice some strange entries:
9:27:02 INFO : Registering command handlers for SDK TCF services
09:27:03 INFO : Launching XSCT server: xsct.bat -interactive C:\Vivado\temp_xsdb_launch_script.tcl
09:27:05 INFO : XSCT server has started successfully.
09:27:05 INFO : Successfully done setting XSCT server connection channel
09:27:05 INFO : Successfully done setting SDK workspace
09:27:05 INFO : Processing command line option -hwspec C:/Vivado.
09:27:05 ERROR : Error occurred while creating hardware platform Vivado_hw_platform_0 from sysdef
Most notably:
09:27:03 INFO : Launching XSCT server: xsct.bat -interactive C:\Vivado\temp_xsdb_launch_script.tcl
and
09:27:05 INFO : Processing command line option -hwspec C:/Vivado.
Now compare those two lines with the same lines in the successful launch log entries in post #505
Don't know why but the SDK lauch was somehow in error.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
New Bipolar Boost TX and Front End
Collapse
X
-
Thanks JL, I was using the same method as you outlined in post 502.Originally posted by KingJL View Post@Mdtoday, I just created a new directory c:\test... unziped the new archive in it... started Vivado, cleared project list... Open Project... navigated to c:\test... selected Bipolar_PI.xpr. In Vivado went to File>Launch SDK... SDK started and rebuilt everything (make.all).
Log:
Registering command handlers for SDK TCF services
21:28:28 INFO : Launching XSCT server: xsct.bat -interactive C:\test\Bipolar_PI.sdk\temp_xsdb_launch_script.tcl
21:28:34 INFO : XSCT server has started successfully.
21:28:35 INFO : Successfully done setting XSCT server connection channel
21:28:35 INFO : Processing command line option -hwspec C:/test/Bipolar_PI.sdk/Bipolar_PI_wrapper.hdf.
21:28:35 INFO : Successfully done setting SDK workspace
21:38:36 INFO : Connected to target on host '127.0.0.1' and port '3121'.
Will now create another directory as your test and see how we go.
Leave a comment:
-
@Mdtoday, I just created a new directory c:\test... unziped the new archive in it... started Vivado, cleared project list... Open Project... navigated to c:\test... selected Bipolar_PI.xpr. In Vivado went to File>Launch SDK... SDK started and rebuilt everything (make.all).
Log:
Registering command handlers for SDK TCF services
21:28:28 INFO : Launching XSCT server: xsct.bat -interactive C:\test\Bipolar_PI.sdk\temp_xsdb_launch_script.tcl
21:28:34 INFO : XSCT server has started successfully.
21:28:35 INFO : Successfully done setting XSCT server connection channel
21:28:35 INFO : Processing command line option -hwspec C:/test/Bipolar_PI.sdk/Bipolar_PI_wrapper.hdf.
21:28:35 INFO : Successfully done setting SDK workspace
21:38:36 INFO : Connected to target on host '127.0.0.1' and port '3121'.
Leave a comment:
-
[QUOTE=KingJL;263798]When you start vivado, before you open project, right click on any project in the project list and select clear list. m Then when you open project navigate to where the new project "Bipolar_PI.xpr" file is.Originally posted by Mdtoday View PostTry starting Vivado... Opening Bipolar_PI... open Block design. Top right should say "write bitsteam complete" with a green check mark. If so go to file > export > export hardware... (make sure that "include bitstream" is checked... accept all other defaults... click OK. After hardware export complete go to File > Launch SDK. Meanwhile I'll try to go over the logs.
Leave a comment:
-
[QUOTE=KingJL;263798]After starting SDK right click on "Bipolar_PI_app" > clean project. See if it will rebuild everything. After rebuild complete try Xilinx >> Program FPGAOriginally posted by Mdtoday View PostTry starting Vivado... Opening Bipolar_PI... open Block design. Top right should say "write bitsteam complete" with a green check mark. If so go to file > export > export hardware... (make sure that "include bitstream" is checked... accept all other defaults... click OK. After hardware export complete go to File > Launch SDK. Meanwhile I'll try to go over the logs.
Leave a comment:
-
[QUOTE=Mdtoday;263796]Try starting Vivado... Opening Bipolar_PI... open Block design. Top right should say "write bitsteam complete" with a green check mark. If so go to file > export > export hardware... (make sure that "include bitstream" is checked... accept all other defaults... click OK. After hardware export complete go to File > Launch SDK. Meanwhile I'll try to go over the logs.Originally posted by KingJL View PostThere
has been at least one reported issue with the last posted archive, so I re-crreated the archive just make sure the is not a corrupted link.
Ther current project archive is now Vivado Bipolar_PI _Nextion(11-26-2019).zip
Just use the new link as a precautionary measure.[/QUOTE
@JL, here is a screenshot of the SDK errors I am getting. [ATTACH]48515[/ATTACH]
The project is off the root directory, Vivado Projects/
I have renamed all other previous Vivado project folders with prefix of AA_
Leave a comment:
-
[QUOTE=KingJL;263790]There
has been at least one reported issue with the last posted archive, so I re-crreated the archive just make sure the is not a corrupted link.
Ther current project archive is now Vivado Bipolar_PI _Nextion(11-26-2019).zip
Just use the new link as a precautionary measure.[/QUOTE
@JL, here is a screenshot of the SDK errors I am getting.
The project is off the root directory, Vivado Projects/
I have renamed all other previous Vivado project folders with prefix of AA_
Leave a comment:
-
New Vivado Project Archive
There
has been at least one reported issue with the last posted archive, so I re-crreated the archive just make sure the is not a corrupted link.
Ther current project archive is now Vivado Bipolar_PI _Nextion(11-26-2019).zip
Just use the new link as a precautionary measure.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks JL, I will take those measurements and post the results.Originally posted by KingJL View PostThe waveforms of a properly configured M6 & M7 should give a better picture of the positive peak. I think the measurement will need to be between gate and source vs gate and gnd (it should work with no coil attacehed, but do not do this with a coil attached) as the gate is completely floating during M6 and M7 off time.
Leave a comment:
-
The waveforms of a properly configured M6 & M7 should give a better picture of the positive peak. I think the measurement will need to be between gate and source vs gate and gnd (it should work with no coil attacehed, but do not do this with a coil attached) as the gate is completely floating during M6 and M7 off time.Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post... I think you are right on the gains above 4:1. 19 turns yielded no noticeable increase on these cores. 18 seems to be the reasonable limit.
Leave a comment:
-
Yes, the superglue did surprise me a little but lesson learned.Originally posted by KingJL View PostWell, I glad you sorted that out as I was wondering what to use to secure the windings. I thought there might be an issues with superglue as I think it would desolve the insulation.I don't think you will see the relational gains abpove 4:1... you are fighting the the zener. During simulations, I have seen overdriving the zener changes the off condition reference, often raising it to about 2 - 3 V.
I think you are right on the gains above 4:1. 19 turns yielded no noticeable increase on these cores. 18 seems to be the reasonable limit.
Leave a comment:
-
Well, I glad you sorted that out as I was wondering what to use to secure the windings. I thought there might be an issues with superglue as I think it would desolve the insulation.Originally posted by Mdtoday View PostI was wondering why, if I wound a transformer with same primary turns, same gauge wires and just increased the amount secondary turns with near identical gauge wires, would I measure only 5v Pk-Pk pulses.
Well, the answer is the inductance was decreased by using super-glue to hold the windings. Rewound a couple more without using super glue to hold the windings in place and all was good again.
Even completely drying the superglue did not help. Won't be doing that again. When not cured I can see the problem but not dried.
Normally I use a nail-polish type glue that I use on trim pots but I was in a hurry to finish the 4 transformers and thought I'd be smart and dowse them in superglue...not a great idea.I don't think you will see the relational gains abpove 4:1... you are fighting the the zener. During simulations, I have seen overdriving the zener changes the off condition reference, often raising it to about 2 - 3 V.The 2 new ones I did rewind, were 4 turns primary 22g magnet wire, 16 turns of teflon coated 28g wire for the secondary on one and 18 turns on the second transformer.
See attached for waveforms.
[ATTACH]48513[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]48514[/ATTACH]
I think I will wind another 4 units with 19 turns on the secondary and test again, there is room for 20 turns comfortably but as JL has stated, we do not want to test the limits of Vgs
Leave a comment:
-
I was wondering why, if I wound a transformer with same primary turns, same gauge wires and just increased the amount secondary turns with near identical gauge wires, would I measure only 5v Pk-Pk pulses.Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
I spent some time making up 4 new transformers but they failed to produce more than 5v. I used 0.36mm x 16 turns on secondary and 0.63 x 4 turns on primary. Both were enamelled wire. Bit disappointing but I will recheck again in the morning to see where it went wrong.
Installed the original transformer modules and back to last night's voltages.
Well, the answer is the inductance was decreased by using super-glue to hold the windings. Rewound a couple more without using super glue to hold the windings in place and all was good again.
Even completely drying the superglue did not help. Won't be doing that again. When not cured I can see the problem but not dried.
Normally I use a nail-polish type glue that I use on trim pots but I was in a hurry to finish the 4 transformers and thought I'd be smart and dowse them in superglue...not a great idea.
The 2 new ones I did rewind, were 4 turns primary 22g magnet wire, 16 turns of teflon coated 28g wire for the secondary on one and 18 turns on the second transformer.
See attached for waveforms.
I think I will wind another 4 units with 19 turns on the secondary and test again, there is room for 20 turns comfortably but as JL has stated, we do not want to test the limits of Vgs
Leave a comment:
-
That is the beauty of programmable devices for control. No cutting or soldering just build a new image and load.Originally posted by KingJL View PostThere is an error in the schematic for the New Bipolar Boost TX and Front End that results in the DAMP signal sent to the DAMP MOSFET's being inverted. But the problem can be fixed by swapping the DAMP_s and DAMP_e signals set by the FPGA to the TX/RX board. The swap is accomplished by editing the constraints file to reflect the swap of signals.
This problem is now fixed in the new project archive, Vivado Bipolar_PI _Nextion(11-24-2019).zip
I need to revisit the schematics and change the Labels on the nets goint to the EL7202's for M6 and M7. It really does not physically change anything on the PCB layout... it is just changing signal names.
Great progress guys.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks for posting JL, an easy fix for sure. I will try this one later today and post screen shots.Originally posted by KingJL View PostThere is an error in the schematic for the New Bipolar Boost TX and Front End that results in the DAMP signal sent to the DAMP MOSFET's being inverted. But the problem can be fixed by swapping the DAMP_s and DAMP_e signals set by the FPGA to the TX/RX board. The swap is accomplished by editing the constraints file to reflect the swap of signals.
This problem is now fixed in the new project archive, Vivado Bipolar_PI _Nextion(11-24-2019).zip
I need to revisit the schematics and change the Labels on the nets goint to the EL7202's for M6 and M7. It really does not physically change anything on the PCB layout... it is just changing signal names.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: