Originally posted by Mdtoday
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
New Bipolar Boost TX and Front End
Collapse
X
-
so far in all of my projects, I have only used them with 3 and 4.5 volt inputs... and I had not yet used them to generate 3.3V.,, it was always 5V and higher. I probably need to hook one up and test for generating 3.3V.
-
Thanks JL, getting there.Originally posted by KingJL View PostLooking fantastic!!
I noticed a small problem with using the MT3608 modules, reading the specs, they are only a boost mode device, I thought they were buck/boost.
I don't have delivery of my modules yet, so I can't test.
I had thought the batteries would be in series ~7.2v which is fine for the 20v but while drawing up the layout, I thought I would check the device specs and noticed the Boost only mode.
This would mean the 5 and 3v3 would not work on 2 series connect cells (I think anyway)
If this is the case, then we can simply use 2 x 18650 in parallel ~ 3.6-4v output and put a diode in series with the module used for 3v3 output.
As I say, I don't have my modules yet so can't check and maybe I've missed something but best to ask the question...
Cheers
Mdtoday
Leave a comment:
-
-
Version 2018.3 JL, I'll check out the 2019.1 version, thanks for the heads up.Originally posted by KingJL View Post@Mdtoday, What version of Vivado did you download and install (2018.2, 2018.3, 2019.1, etc)? I am thinking of migrating to 2019.1... it has some advanced features that come standard with the webpack license that are extra cost items with 2018.3 and below. Partial reconfiguration being one. Also i suspect a few quirks of 2018.3 have been quietly fixed!
Leave a comment:
-
@Mdtoday, What version of Vivado did you download and install (2018.2, 2018.3, 2019.1, etc)? I am thinking of migrating to 2019.1... it has some advanced features that come standard with the webpack license that are extra cost items with 2018.3 and below. Partial reconfiguration being one. Also i suspect a few quirks of 2018.3 have been quietly fixed!
Leave a comment:
-
Well, I did not meet my goals for the week. I seem to have created a problem somewhere in my hardware definition (probably when I updated the TX_RX ip to sync changes in the status register and the parameter register set) where i am not generating interrupts from the TX_RX module or that microblaze is for some reason not acting on them. All other interrupts are working properly. Vivado sometime does not pull in all of the required pieces when an ip is modified and is difficult to get the issue corrected. I am going to have to become familiar with the Vivado/Xilinx Integrated Logic Analyzer (ILA) to see if I can pinpoint the issue. I want to sort that out before I forge ahead.Originally posted by KingJL View Post... Hope to have all menus and menu items working by the end of the week...
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by green View PostCould someone help could not open include file "spdt . sub" what do I need to do? Tried to open .sub file, don't know what to do with it. Why do I have to reenter all my pass words after clicking on a .sub file? Not a computer person.Change the extension from .txt to .sub. You never want to double click a .sub (or a .mod or lib file for that matter). If you want to view the contents right click and select "open with" and the select a suitable editor (notepad, worpad, etc.). Put the .sub file in the working directory of your current schematic or put it in the "LTSPICE".../lib/sub directory.
NOTE: the spdt.sub file was included in the zip of post #4 of this thread from reply#62
Thanks for the reply. Still haven't figured it out. Why aren't the switches drawn on the schematic? Apologize for the questions, computers and I don't speak the same language.Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Power PCB Option1
Thanks for the info, sounds like a good option, I have attached a Kicad project showing the board outline, modules and keep-out areas around battery holder mounting pillars.Originally posted by KingJL View PostThe more I think about this, the more I like it. It may also be a convenient/logical place for this minimal circuit that is required for Pin Point.
I was going to include it with the probe switch circuit, but was not really satisfied with that approach as not all would wish to include the probe circuit. But the PP switch is required in all configurations and so is power. It only requires 2 resistors and 3 connection pins (3.3V to PP switch, PP switch to pull down(junction of R1 & R2), and a connection for Pmod j4 pin 7 to current limiting resistor(R1)).
The PCB and module size are correct 1:1 however I have yet to draft the battery holder library and recheck libraries, had family over today.Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
The more I think about this, the more I like it. It may also be a convenient/logical place for this minimal circuit that is required for Pin Point.Originally posted by Mdtoday View PostJL, I have been working on another option for this particular enclosure... The cost of the board would be minimal, a little less wiring... Just a thought for this enclosure
I was going to include it with the probe switch circuit, but was not really satisfied with that approach as not all would wish to include the probe circuit. But the PP switch is required in all configurations and so is power. It only requires 2 resistors and 3 connection pins (3.3V to PP switch, PP switch to pull down(junction of R1 & R2), and a connection for Pmod j4 pin 7 to current limiting resistor(R1)).
Leave a comment:
-
-
JL, I have been working on another option for this particular enclosure, its not developed fully for this particular design but is the general layout I use for my power sources albeit with different circuits.
Battery holder one side, power supply and protection on the other.
I still have the full discrete wire version as per last post as I do understand your modular approach but thought I would put this forward as another option for this particular enclosure.
I envisaged a single row header friction lock 4 or 6 pins mounted on the rear of the PCB with a cutout into the main enclosure.
If a 6pin connector is used, this would carry Gnd, +20, +5, +3v , Bat+, SW Bat+.
If a 4 pin connector is used then just Gnd, +20, +5, +3v.
If the 4 x support pillars in the enclosure were moved to corners of the PCB, this may give enough space to include the coil switch circuit, a cut-out in the rear wall to account for the relay height would be required.
The cost of the board would be minimal, a little less wiring
Just a thought for this enclosure
Leave a comment:
-
Excellent, wiring will be easier and thanks for reminding me of the 3rd module.Originally posted by KingJL View PostI like your preference... and there will be 3 modules used; 5V, 20V, and 3.3V (the only Pmod that is fed 3.3V from the Cmod-A7 is JA (the Cmod-A7 Pmod). The Pmods on the I/F PCB require 3.3V connected to through hole J7).
I have modified the positions of the modules and added pillars and supports for the Battery holder, along with 2 x 10mm holes through to main electronics area
Leave a comment:
-
I like your preference... and there will be 3 modules used; 5V, 20V, and 3.3V (the only Pmod that is fed 3.3V from the Cmod-A7 is JA (the Cmod-A7 Pmod). The Pmods on the I/F PCB require 3.3V connected to through hole J7).Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post... Vertical left rear (or right) [ATTACH]47142[/ATTACH] , [ATTACH]47136[/ATTACH] , [ATTACH]47137[/ATTACH] which is my preference for ease of wiring...
Both versions would be clip in type mount...
Leave a comment:
-
More work on the enclosure, included options for switching power supply module positions
Vertical left rear (or right),
,
which is my preference for ease of wiring
Vertical mounted into slotseither side of battery carrier on rear wall
,
,
useful if voltage requires adjustment
Both versions would be clip in type mount
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: