Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Bipolar Boost TX and Front End

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    Here is a link with the most detailed description and multiple views. Still waiting for the probe relay... will give measurements for that interface board when relay arrives. That board can also accommodate the pull down resistor, input limiting resistor, and connections for the PP switch.
    Thanks! I can work from that link. Once you have the probe switch interface layout we can export a step file to get the 3D model, makes it easy.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    ... I'm trying to find a link for the switching power supply modules you are planning to use so I can model them and play around with the position within the enclosure...
    Here is a link with the most detailed description and multiple views. Still waiting for the probe relay... will give measurements for that interface board when relay arrives. That board can also accommodate the pull down resistor, input limiting resistor, and connections for the PP switch.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Increased enclosure length slightly to gain 10mm clearance around battery holder top, bottom and back.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Handle_enclosure_Bat_cavity.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	354671

    I will add ribs and wire holes next

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    ...Just finished the PRT adjustment routine. It is the most complicated of all of the adjustment routines as the PRT has to be with ranges that will still be inside of our digital filters. The ranges are 497-503 usec, 552-558 usec, 622-628 usec, 710-718 usec, 829-837 usec, 995-1005 usec, and 1244-1256 usec. I have tested the increment and decrement scales and all works perfectly. Hope to have all menus and menu items working by the end of the week.
    The PRT ranges seemed a little narrow so I rechecked the tolerances... my math was a little flawed. The re-check yielded PRT ranges:
    490-510
    539-566
    614-636
    700-728
    817-849
    980-1020
    1225-1275

    Changes made and tested.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    Just finished the PRT adjustment routine. It is the most complicated of all of the adjustment routines as the PRT has to be with ranges that will still be inside of our digital filters. The ranges are 497-503 usec, 552-558 usec, 622-628 usec, 710-718 usec, 829-837 usec, 995-1005 usec, and 1244-1256 usec. I have tested the increment and decrement scales and all works perfectly. Hope to have all menus and menu items working by the end of the week.
    Excellent progress, looking really good.

    I'm trying to find a link for the switching power supply modules you are planning to use so I can model them and play around with the position within the enclosure.
    So far, my inclination is to modify the wall between the battery bay and main electronics section to form a recess so they sit in the battery bay under the battery holder with clearance.
    The wires would then pass through into the electronics section and be terminated on an in-line connector
    Another option is to mount them above the sub enclosure on a carrier of some sort.

    The battery holder I use is a Keystone with SMD tabs https://au.element14.com/keystone/10...20holder%20smd
    Normally, I mount this on a 2 sided PCB with the battery holder and a fuse on one side and 1st stage of the power supply circuit on the other.
    In this way the the unit is treated as a whole module.
    Last edited by Mdtoday; 08-14-2019, 05:57 AM. Reason: corrected info

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    This is the one I normally try to purchase https://www.metaldetector.com/metal-...ware?brand=422


    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    This is the one I normally try to purchase https://www.metaldetector.com/metal-...ware?brand=422
    Thanks for the link!!

    Just finished the PRT adjustment routine. It is the most complicated of all of the adjustment routines as the PRT has to be with ranges that will still be inside of our digital filters. The ranges are 497-503 usec, 552-558 usec, 622-628 usec, 710-718 usec, 829-837 usec, 995-1005 usec, and 1244-1256 usec. I have tested the increment and decrement scales and all works perfectly. Hope to have all menus and menu items working by the end of the week.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    This is the one I normally try to purchase https://www.metaldetector.com/metal-...ware?brand=422

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    In the past I have purchased carbon fibre tube for the upper and lower shafts and machined a coil adaptor and a lock fitting to suit ML style coils.

    I don't like drilling the carbon fibre so I now try to purchase ready-made shafts when I see them at reasonable bulk prices.

    I'll find the supplier details it's been a year since I last ordered, supplier is in China.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    What are you using for the detector shaft and where do you procure it?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    As usual you are miles ahead of me!! The reason I asked about the knob was that I have non that are a press fit for a smooth "D" shaft that is used on the Pmod encoder... I may have to go looking!!
    Not a problem JL, I have allowed for up to 20mm diameter knob but this can easily be modified.
    I will put some in the package along with the enclosures and some screws when I send them.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    The Knob is a press fit but can be changed to screw type if required. There is ample height and clearance for screw type knobs though.

    The two halves are mated with 25mm screws in full length support posts [ATTACH]47128[/ATTACH]
    Ribs are yet to be added as there position depends on power supply board placement/clearance

    cheers

    Mdtoday
    As usual you are miles ahead of me!! The reason I asked about the knob was that I have non that are a press fit for a smooth "D" shaft that is used on the Pmod encoder... I may have to go looking!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    Question... how are the 2 halves secured on top and bottom rear of the enclosure? I see recesses along the top edge for what looks like screws... LONG screws... as I see no support posts spanning the width.

    Does the knob have a set screw and if so, can we access it?
    The Knob is a press fit but can be changed to screw type if required. There is ample height and clearance for screw type knobs though.

    The two halves are mated with 25mm screws in full length support posts Click image for larger version

Name:	fastner holes.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	354669
    Ribs are yet to be added as there position depends on power supply board placement/clearance

    cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    Thanks, I didn't allow for it on front panel.

    Here is progress on the panel. [ATTACH]47121[/ATTACH]

    There is a raised area to account for the header pins on OLED [ATTACH]47119[/ATTACH]

    Encoder knob is recessed from pinpoint button so should not interfere with the latter. [ATTACH]47120[/ATTACH]

    It still has some adjustments and contours to be finished off but is the general shape

    Next is the headphone jack socket and power switch position, I will allow for a fuse holder in the rear battery bay for the 18650.
    Question... how are the 2 halves secured on top and bottom rear of the enclosure? I see recesses along the top edge for what looks like screws... LONG screws... as I see no support posts spanning the width.

    Does the knob have a set screw and if so, can we access it?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    No!
    Thanks, I didn't allow for it on front panel.

    Here is progress on the panel. Click image for larger version

Name:	Handle_enclosure_Front_panel_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	354662

    There is a raised area to account for the header pins on OLED Click image for larger version

Name:	Handle_enclosure_Fpanel_oled2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	354660

    Encoder knob is recessed from pinpoint button so should not interfere with the latter. Click image for larger version

Name:	Handle_enclosure_enc1_Rec.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	354661

    It still has some adjustments and contours to be finished off but is the general shape

    Next is the headphone jack socket and power switch position, I will allow for a fuse holder in the rear battery bay for the 18650.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X