P.S.
You must understand that i am firstly in my mind the detectorist and just secondary the electronician.
I don't think in "microseconds" when on site, searching for the target.
...
The rest of the theory is already "re-washed" and "re-chewed" so many times on Geotech.
Larger the coil, longer the delay; more deeper and more larger targets... and so on.
Obviously, from the timings schedule posted in previous post; only sampling delay set at position "1" will be suitable for smaller targets, preferably smaller diameter coils used.
As explained with simple language (my most favorite) in the PS2 and PS2 Pro manuals; sampling delay set at positions "2", "3" and "4" will eliminate small surface items, ground mineralization effects and generally all the smaller targets, respectively set from lower to higher value.
Also will benefit more with larger coil diameters.
And i can "blah ... blah ... blah ..." like that to eternity.
But few people like Joseph J. Rogowski, Eric Foster and Carl Moreland already wasted so many words on this so far.
All what i can do is to repeat them. No need for that.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Pulse Star II (first analog version)
Collapse
X
-
Joking of course!

You got me unprepared with that question... i must admit.
It is shameful to had PS2 Pro almost 20 years ago, today to make several PS2 copies... and yet not knowing the timing schedule of it!!!
Wow!
Shame on my account!
So... this is product of battle between my ego and my indolence...
You do the rest of math on this.
Leave a comment:
-
Ask Eric. He will enjoy to answer you.Originally posted by ionut_mtb View PostWhat delay preset and pulse width you use (uS value) to match coil size/target size? What preset values should i use for delta pulse when using >60cm coils. Example 60cm, 1meter, 2meter coils. Thanks
Leave a comment:
-
What delay preset and pulse width you use (uS value) to match coil size/target size? What preset values should i use for delta pulse when using >60cm coils. Example 60cm, 1meter, 2meter coils. ThanksOriginally posted by ivconic View PostFrom this perspective now, knowing what i learned in meantime; for me is better to have one, two.. maybe few fixed and accurately known delay presets; than to have potentiometer like on Delta Pulse and always turning it randomly.
PSII is having 4 delay presets, fixed. And i am using "1" most of the time.
Only with coil 2x2m is beneficial to switch it to "4" when search for indeed large objects.
I almost never used "2" and "3", except in case of a very "hot" soil. Rare case.
So, the same could be done at Delta Pulse. Instead potentiometer to put just few fixed values.
With same coil only one fixed value is enough. Maybe two. For normal and "hot" soils.
Those are "slow" coils and detectors and without GEB feature, not nugget hunters. Therefore no need for wider delay adjusting range.
PSII is really sensitive and "deep" at "1" and very slow and "deaf" at "4".
Therefore at "1" it can react to soil sometimes. Sometimes is enough just to lift coil few inches from soil.
I don't search for small and medium sized objects with it. I have Deus for that part of a job.
PSII with 60x40cm coil (at present i made that one) can reach deeper than Deus for larger objects.
So all ends up in combining the detectors in different kind of searching.
For that purpose Delta Pulse is good the same.
Leave a comment:
-
On the last DP I built, I use the mod I post KT315, it automatically reboots when I turn on the detector.Originally posted by Vadim18 View PostAnybody use magnetic reed switch for reset button?
Almoust contactless, provide 2 cm distance. No dust and mud on front panel.
Leave a comment:
-
Anybody use magnetic reed switch for reset button?
Almoust contactless, provide 2 cm distance. No dust and mud on front panel.
Leave a comment:
-
-
The PSII, being a more elaborate machine, may have some advantages over the PD.
The DP, I think it can be improved, as Ivconic says, you can remove some controls from the front, the first one I would remove is the control of the second sample. The delay control has already been described by Ivconic. The power control could be done with a two-position switch, I would choose one of 100 us, and the second in 200 or 300 us.
I am testing a mod to improve stability, and it consists of reducing the gain of the first stage, recovering it in the later stages, also with a switch I modify a filter obtaining a faster response, in a kind of sat control, useful when using coils smaller. They are simple mods that seem to work by improving stability, noise, overall nice performance, even with 1m X 1m spools. But I have to do more tests to be sure. It happens that the EMI exterior noise varies in the times of the year, and these days it's low here in the area where I'm living.
Leave a comment:
-
Puls Star 2 is very stable it is much more stable than delta pulse,and secondly every device almost always turn out exactly the same when u do...difference PS 2 and PS 2 pro does not exist ,i would say the analog is more stable I almost compared analog and pro "discrimination" it is better on analog than pro!You can also improve his work influencing the delay control processors and you can't play with it, there are little tricks that improve the depth of PS 2 and stability....Each have their own opinion but it is my opinion that Delta Pulse much worse combination from the DBP 2100 or Superdec and Pulse Star 2 or Lorenz ! Superdec for example has a pulse width which is just for coin hoards . Eric Foster described pulse width for coin hoards 500-800us...I almost measured.Superdec reworked tonal part as on PS 2.
Leave a comment:
-
From this perspective now, knowing what i learned in meantime; for me is better to have one, two.. maybe few fixed and accurately known delay presets; than to have potentiometer like on Delta Pulse and always turning it randomly.Originally posted by Jose View PostThanks Ivconic.
For me it is also a hobby and I always try to try some mod to improve the DP.
Sometimes we get some success, other times not, but we continue rehearsing.
PSII is having 4 delay presets, fixed. And i am using "1" most of the time.
Only with coil 2x2m is beneficial to switch it to "4" when search for indeed large objects.
I almost never used "2" and "3", except in case of a very "hot" soil. Rare case.
So, the same could be done at Delta Pulse. Instead potentiometer to put just few fixed values.
With same coil only one fixed value is enough. Maybe two. For normal and "hot" soils.
Those are "slow" coils and detectors and without GEB feature, not nugget hunters. Therefore no need for wider delay adjusting range.
PSII is really sensitive and "deep" at "1" and very slow and "deaf" at "4".
Therefore at "1" it can react to soil sometimes. Sometimes is enough just to lift coil few inches from soil.
I don't search for small and medium sized objects with it. I have Deus for that part of a job.
PSII with 60x40cm coil (at present i made that one) can reach deeper than Deus for larger objects.
So all ends up in combining the detectors in different kind of searching.
For that purpose Delta Pulse is good the same.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks Ivconic.
For me it is also a hobby and I always try to try some mod to improve the DP.
Sometimes we get some success, other times not, but we continue rehearsing.
Leave a comment:
-
If Delta Pulse is made good; than there are not significant differences in final performances on soil.Originally posted by Jose View PostExcellent work Ivconik, with the Pulse Star II.
Could you tell us what difference is there between PSII and Delta Pulse, for example sensing distance, response time etc etc? Thank you.
You don't get much more with PSII in depth nor in sensitivity.
But yet there are small differences. PSII is bit more agile and faster on response.
I prefer it over Delta Pulse only for one simple reason: it has less "knobs" to adjust and turn and it is much simpler in use.
Delta Pulse can be also made and trimmed to work just fine. Also some of the "knobs" can be fixed values.
You asked me tough question. I really don't know how to answer properly. I like them both.
But let's just say that i am now in PSII "mood". I'll make few of those and than pass to something else.
This is hobby. Make one diy at the time, sell it to return invested money and pass to something else next.
Leave a comment:
-
Excellent work Ivconik, with the Pulse Star II.Originally posted by ivconic View PostI made lot of Delta Pulse copies so far, you wouldn't believe; but i lost count after 75 units!
Even now i have prepared pcb to make one, just as i finish with PSII.
In each of those Delta Pulse diys i used 8 ohms speaker, never buzzer nor anything similar.
If you mount some sort of barrier within detector enclosure, something like small acoustic resonating "box" with speaker in it; it will sound very deep and pleasant too.
There is always a same "trick" with small enclosures and speakers, how to achieve loud and powerful sound from it.
It's not about the speaker, it's all about the acoustic volume around the speaker.
Could you tell us what difference is there between PSII and Delta Pulse, for example sensing distance, response time etc etc? Thank you.
Leave a comment:
-
Wow, thats numbers is impressive)
I made one unit just to try how good it is, and to try it in local arheological excursions with my friends from museum.
Yes, aditional resonance camera do work.
Thanks for the advice!
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: