I have had bad experiences from before and would like to avoid them in the future.
But I feel the need to explain a couple of doubts here.
I got 100% accurate PS2 documentation a few years back (before the covid year) from a good friend in Turkey.
Coincidentally, I received similar information from a good friend from Bulgaria a few months later than that.
However, I still hadn't decided to build my first PS2 at that time.
In the covid year, there was a lockdown.
Boredom, nothing to do. And then I remembered that I had everything needed to build a PS2.
In that period Orbit and I started to communicate and correspond.
We had some misunderstandings from before, but we resolved them with good communication during that period (at least I thought everything was behind us).
In one of the correspondences with him, we touched on the topic of PS2. He mentioned that he has complete documentation.
I don't remember if I also told him that I already had the complete documentation, I'm really not sure about that. I would be lying if I claimed one or the other.
But in the further conversation we agreed that he should send me his documentation so that I could compare with what I have, to check if the schematics and pcb designs match.
He insisted that I not share what he gave me.
But long before that, I made the same promise to a friend from Turkey. And my friend from Bulgaria didn't ask me for that, it didn't matter to him.
So when I later wrote several times here on the forum that I cannot share documents publicly; I was not thinking about Orbit, but about my obligations to my friend from Turkey, from whom I received the most complete and accurate documents.
In the meantime, a friend from Turkey became indifferent to it, he made progress, now he works with much more advanced devices and PS2 means nothing to him.
However, I asked him if he wouldn't mind if I made the PS2 in China and sold it through Aliexpress. He agreed and said that it was irrelevant to him.
And that's why I decided to produce the PS2 kit in China and offer it to forum members at a good price.
Unfortunately, Orbit lived under the illusion that he was the one I "tricked" and that by doing so I somehow showed him disrespect.
Of course that's not true, it couldn't be further from the truth and that was not my intention.
My "sin" is maybe, probably, just that sometime in the past I didn't clearly tell Orbit that I already own the complete and 100% correct PS2 documentation and that his files don't mean much to me.
All that I owe morally and ethically; I owe a friend from Turkey. And nothing to anyone else.
I'm sorry that Orbit lives in illusions. But that's his problem, not mine.
My sale of PS2 kits on ALiexpress can't be jeopardized by anything.
Because anyone who sits down and does the simple "math" of the cost of making a PS2 on their own; he'll easily realize that it's not even worth it for him to build the PS2 himself.
Because the prices of materials and parts for construction have increased so much in the last few years; that it is not even worth it.
For hobbyists and enthusiasts from this forum it pays much more to buy a PS2 kit on ALiexpress. It will save a lot of money. Additionally, the kit they buy is checked, tested and works great.
Finally, I will mention something very important, which I already mentioned on another topic.
Sales of PS2 kits are primarily aimed at the domestic Chinese market through local trading platforms. And sales are great.
There is a great demand.
Selling outside the Chinese market via Aliexpress is trivial, ridiculous and not enough for "peanuts".
The "damage" I get from posting the documentation here on the forum is about the same as a tiny micron louse biting a 10 ton elephant.
If Orbit has done real harm to someone; he made it to himself. Not to me.
So much for that. I won't bother with pointless forum rants anymore.
I have much smarter ways to spend my precious time.
Events on this forum are less and less important to me.
This forum is definitely part of my habits and my life.
But I would say that it is an overcome phase in my life, a part of the past.
And that in last several years it means absolutely nothing to me.
I had so much to say on this subject.
I just want to clear up some confusion on this topic.
Greetings to all!
Leave a comment: