Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf Pi Professional Pcb's back in stock - NEW Prices

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Waikiki_Sweep
    replied
    UNDERWATER SURF PI CASE. I hope to see "rectangular" version of Longboard kit for Surf PI

    I have already assembled two Surf PI metal detectors using waterproof boxes
    from film photo cameras to use it UNDERWATER.
    Nobody wants film cameras now so it is cheap to buy. For example $13
    in Walmart or even cheaper on eBay:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Snap+Sights+CAMERA (from $5 for Waterproof box only)

    It is REUSABLE Waterproof box that can withstand water pressure up to 100feet (30 meters)
    You can open and close box easy and it is reliable because of O-ring and good plastic.
    I am using such box for my Surf PI last two years (over 1000 hours) of searching
    in salt water and very satisfied with it.

    In addition I am using rubber bands to keep halves together to protect it from accidental leaks
    because if wave hits your detector very hard lock may fail and water gets it. (It was once) Also I am using corn oil to lubricate O-ring. It works.

    I recommend to use SNAP SIGHTS SS01 because it is bigger
    and fits 8-AA battery case but smaller SNAP SIGHTS SS02 (no flash)
    works for me too because it fits 3 Li-Ion 18650 rechargeable batteries 3.7V
    from broken laptop. In full charge it gives me 4.18V each or 12.54V. It lasts 20 hours or even more
    and has 3.8V after such use or 11.4V Charger for 18650 costs few dollars on eBay.
    So I am saving lots of $$$$$$$$ on batteries.

    I HAVE ONLY ONE PROBLEM: LONGBOARD DOES NOT FIT TO SUCH BOXES.
    So I have to cut it then connect pieces you can see how on the diagram.

    !!! PLEASE REFER TO YOUR VERSION OF LONGBOARD AND CHECK ALL CONNECTIONS !!!

    Because some Longboard versions are different and you may end up in smoke shorting power supply.

    BETTER SOLUTION IS ask our BEST FRIEND Silverdog to make "rectangular" version
    of longboard to let it fit such magnificent waterproof boxes.

    Good Luck!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • goldstar
    replied
    Thanks for all the help you have provide. Great forum I have learn a lot. can't wait to have it alredy. Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Shipping to Puerto Rico should now be sorted

    Opencart, the software than powers my shop only loads a default number of countries, others I have to add if required, and I'm not going to add all 200+ just in case
    If you have trouble checking out and get no shipping options available, contact me and I will add your country

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Send an email to silverdog and ask him about the shipping

    Leave a comment:


  • goldstar
    replied
    Thanks, but I alredy try to order but it won't let me because it says that there's no shippin to Puerto Rico. We use the "post office of the United States or the UPS What should I do? I really really want that kit.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by goldstar View Post
    I'm new here, so I need the Info to order 1 or 2 etc... The Kit includes the parts or just the board? thanks
    Find information, resources and relevant links for silverdog.co.uk. This domain may be for sale.

    Leave a comment:


  • goldstar
    replied
    I'm new here, so I need the Info to order 1 or 2 etc... The Kit includes the parts or just the board? thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • hi12o
    replied
    Just got mine

    Kit looks first class...

    Leave a comment:


  • M.T
    replied
    Are this kit accept coil 1*1m

    my regards

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Has anyone made a good pin pointer with a surf 1.2 "ApB" pcb ?


    I need one for Saturday

    If so can u post coil detail etc

    Steve

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    Older Surf mod

    For those who havnt read every thread entry here..


    There was a minor error on SURF 1.2 "ApB" pcb

    (NOT THE CURRENT 2012 pcb labelled SURF 1.2)

    This is what you do for a little more depth.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    NEW Surf Pi Kits

    I put together one of the new kits as I had picked up a cheap Whites Surfmaster Pulse coil on ebay - not sure if the new parts make a difference but I think they look nice

    This baby is coming on holiday with me this year
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by mrjangles View Post
    how do i order surf pi pro kit?


    Also -- Where can I find information on coil design for it or premade one?
    The Surf PI kit can be purchased here ->
    Find information, resources and relevant links for silverdog.co.uk. This domain may be for sale.

    I don't think anyone has produced a Surf PI Pro kit yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrjangles
    replied
    help

    how do i order surf pi pro kit?


    Also -- Where can I find information on coil design for it or premade one?

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Surf Pi Back in Stock and improved

    More boards arrived today, with a corrected silkscreen for R18 / R22

    Kits will now include;

    All metal film resistors
    All Wima Mks2 polyester caps
    Molex type connectors for battery, coil, speaker, tune and volume pots
    A 1k external pot with switch for on/off and volume control
    A 10k external pot for tune

    happy hunting

    Silverdog
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X