Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf Pi Professional Pcb's back in stock - NEW Prices

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SVEN1
    replied
    Originally posted by plumabob View Post
    Has anyone built one of these Surf PI's yet? Is it difficult tuning in the board? What size coil are you using? I would like to hear your impression and what kind of depth are you getting on a US nickel? I want to order a kit so any input would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Bob
    Hi,
    I wouldn't expect this project to be the ultimate detector if that's what your seeking.
    Depth is supposed to be comparable to the White's PI (Pro) if assembled properly.
    All depends on your search coil build as well. My White's PI Pro has no problem getting a nickle at 12" at our local beach if that helps you. That's why I chose this PI as a project build, not to hard and you can experiment with several coil design and materials. A platform to learn on.....

    As for tuning, basically it's two knobs Sensitivity and Threshold for actual hunting. And if you want the external delay. Follow instructions for the White's PI models and Dual Field for control settings. Takes me about 1 minute to set up my PI for beach hunting.
    Garrett designs and manufactures sport, security and countermine metal detectors, including hand-held, ground-search and walk-through detectors. Made in the USA.


    So take the plunge, build your own detector. The satisfaction you get building your first hand built working machine is second to none. Don't worry about depth capability on your first build, there is plenty of room to experiment. Who knows what your build may lead to.........I used to design and build radio control boats, your always redesigning and building new faster sleeker versions. Always had two on the building board and another design developing in my head...talk about a hurting brain. Once on a build role, you can't stop, there's always one more to build. Since moving into a much smaller living quarters had to give up my boat building work shop. Building a detector for me fills that void, can do it in a smaller area.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~puddlepirate/

    So worry not about depth, just hope it turns on when power is applied.

    Leave a comment:


  • plumabob
    replied
    Has anyone built one of these Surf PI's yet? Is it difficult tuning in the board? What size coil are you using? I would like to hear your impression and what kind of depth are you getting on a US nickel? I want to order a kit so any input would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Bob

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by SVEN1 View Post
    What is the best type of resistors resistors to use with this board? Carbon Film, Metal Film etc.??

    Thanks
    At certain points such as damping resistor better to use carbon film (or even better mass resistor) on other points metal film are ok or better.

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    What is the best type of resistors resistors to use with this board? Carbon Film, Metal Film etc.??

    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by plumabob View Post
    What type of coil would I be able to use? Mono? Double D? I am capable of building my own.

    Thanks,

    Bob
    Mono.

    Leave a comment:


  • plumabob
    replied
    What type of coil would I be able to use? Mono? Double D? I am capable of building my own.

    Thanks,

    Bob

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    surf pi

    Originally posted by Jiminy View Post
    Silverdog, I am interested in your Surf PI PCB and parts kit.
    This is my first post so I cannot PM you yet for payment info.
    Thanks,
    Jiminy
    Jiminy

    I have sent you a PM with the details

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    Originally posted by Jiminy View Post
    Silverdog, I am interested in your Surf PI PCB and parts kit.
    This is my first post so I cannot PM you yet for payment info.
    Thanks,
    Jiminy
    Email me thru my website : http://treasurelinx.com/zm.html email button upper left and I will email you back his contact info.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jiminy
    replied
    Surf Pi 1.2 PCB Long board and parts kit

    Silverdog, I am interested in your Surf PI PCB and parts kit.
    This is my first post so I cannot PM you yet for payment info.
    Thanks,
    Jiminy

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    My boards came in today. Excellent.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Tilladude
    replied
    Silverdog,

    The boards arrived today, they are beautiful.

    Many thanks,
    Dennis
    in rainy Tillamook

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyGB View Post
    Ordered a kit today and look forward to building it. I'll let you all know how I get on.

    At least I'll have something to do over the Christmas holidays...


    AndyGB
    Yup, me too, ordered three boards for something to do.......

    Leave a comment:


  • AndyGB
    replied
    Ordered a kit today and look forward to building it. I'll let you all know how I get on.

    At least I'll have something to do over the Christmas holidays...


    AndyGB

    Leave a comment:


  • Tilladude
    replied
    Yo Silverdog drop me a line to talk about boards.

    balsawood1-at-hotmail-dot-com

    Thanks,
    Dennis

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Surf Pi - documents

    As requested by a few members here are the schematic and parts list to go with the surf pi rev 1.2 longboard

    good luck !!

    Silverdog
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X