Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf Pi Professional Pcb's back in stock - NEW Prices

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SVEN1
    replied
    Originally posted by jmoller99 View Post
    Is there a link to a setup page for this kit? I have assembled all but the variable resistors (potentiometers) onto the board, but I am not sure which ones need to be brought out for manual controls. In the Whites Surf PI, there are only 2 controls (this kit has a volume control, which the Whites Surf PI does not have) - and yet I see some builds where it looks like the controls are all brought out. The delay probably does not get changed after setting it up. I don't plan to use the on board variable resistors unless that section does not get adjusted often.

    Anyone who has built this with external variable resistors, I'd would love to see a picture of what you did, and which ones you connected to what. I also noted what looked like some buttons. I can see on/off, but I am not sure what any others would be.

    Very nice work on this PC board and the package of parts.
    Try the Russian forum, more info there, translates into english:

    Leave a comment:


  • jmoller99
    replied
    Is there a link to a setup page for this kit? I have assembled all but the variable resistors (potentiometers) onto the board, but I am not sure which ones need to be brought out for manual controls. In the Whites Surf PI, there are only 2 controls (this kit has a volume control, which the Whites Surf PI does not have) - and yet I see some builds where it looks like the controls are all brought out. The delay probably does not get changed after setting it up. I don't plan to use the on board variable resistors unless that section does not get adjusted often.

    Anyone who has built this with external variable resistors, I'd would love to see a picture of what you did, and which ones you connected to what. I also noted what looked like some buttons. I can see on/off, but I am not sure what any others would be.

    Very nice work on this PC board and the package of parts.

    Leave a comment:


  • bklein
    replied
    That photo of the detector in the first post has 1 more control, a push button, and a yellow thing that I can't make out. What did you add to the standard design here?


    Barry

    Leave a comment:


  • plumabob
    replied
    Happy days are here!!!!!!

    I finally have received my Surf PI kit!!! Whoopee!!!!! Can't wait to get started!

    Thanks again Silverdog!

    Bob

    Leave a comment:


  • ApBerg
    replied
    Hello Sven,

    No problem if you made a "solderbridge" on the top layer, at the bottem layer the resisters are connected, both resistors are connected to +5 volt.
    At the most down jpg the top layer is turned off...

    Succes !

    Ap
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    Soldering R11 and R25 Resistors in place question

    I just fixed soldering resistors in place. Afterwards, thought about R11 and R25 solder pads.
    Don't remember if there was a trace connecting the two on top or if the solder pads were touching and the two resistor leads were to be soldered together or they were supposed to be separated on top. I know I bridged the two leads on one board but can't tell for sure on the other two even with a 16x jewelers loop. Taking a picture of the two boards looks like they are not bridged.

    Any clarity would be helpful as I can't tell from the orig. PCB pictures I took.
    Let me know so I can correct the board before I move any further.

    Thanks
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • monkeybaby
    replied
    Is there a chance anyone could take some pics of a completed circuit board?

    Thanks Rob

    Leave a comment:


  • plumabob
    replied
    OK so UK mail is basically a mess, sounds a lot like our mail here in the states...LOL At this point I have no alternative but to wait it out. Maybe it will be here in time for next Christmas...

    Thanks again silverdog for all the support that you have given this.

    Bob

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by plumabob View Post
    Have any of you guys had trouble getting your Surf PI kits or for that matter anything shipped from the UK? I ordered a kit from Silverdog back at the end of November. That never arrived. Silverdog was gracious enough to ship another on December 20th. That also never arrived. He was also good enough to have dfbowers sent me one of his from the states but only the board. Just ordered some op-amps from the philipines. Those got here in 9 working days. I just don't get it? Why such a problem receiving mail from the UK? In the past it has not been this way. Just wanted to see if any of you guys in the USA have had similar experiences.

    Bob
    During November and December the UK was hit by one of the worst winters on record. During that time a lot of mail was lost or severely delayed. A few weeks ago I received a Christmas card from a friend who lives about 17 mies away. It was posted at the end of November!

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Originally posted by N1PS View Post
    I received the board and parts in about a week....here in Maine. All as advertised.

    ~ps
    I ordered a HH SMT board from Carl a few years back. It took two months! When I got it, it looked like it had been laying on the floor of car for that long!

    Leave a comment:


  • N1PS
    replied
    I received the board and parts in about a week....here in Maine. All as advertised.

    ~ps

    Leave a comment:


  • plumabob
    replied
    Have any of you guys had trouble getting your Surf PI kits or for that matter anything shipped from the UK? I ordered a kit from Silverdog back at the end of November. That never arrived. Silverdog was gracious enough to ship another on December 20th. That also never arrived. He was also good enough to have dfbowers sent me one of his from the states but only the board. Just ordered some op-amps from the philipines. Those got here in 9 working days. I just don't get it? Why such a problem receiving mail from the UK? In the past it has not been this way. Just wanted to see if any of you guys in the USA have had similar experiences.

    Bob

    Leave a comment:


  • N1PS
    replied
    Well this is my first post on this forum....

    I ordered the kit from Silverdog and awaiting it in the mail. What interested me - this is my first metal detector - is the PC board; he saved me some time etching my own, which does take some time. So I figured I may as well get the components too which also saved some time. This way I can also focus on the coil and mechanical implementation, not trivial for sure! However I should note that I am an experienced builder, have homebrewed many projects especially ham radio related. I'm currently finishing a 80M homebrew linear amp for the car, so the Surf PI is next.

    I have some ideas in regard to the coil that relate with antennas such as the electrostatic shield....but more on that later.

    Good luck...the secret to building is to just do it. You will learn along the way.

    Hope UR WX is better than the WX is here (in Maine)...the snow is piling up.

    Peter
    n1ps

    Leave a comment:


  • monkeybaby
    replied
    I'll got for the kit as im after a beach detector at the moment and in need of a good project.

    Rob

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by monkeybaby View Post

    I shall give it a good goanyway, out of interest where could I view the other projects and do they come in kit form?
    There are a lot of projects here in geotech forums.

    Some of those are collected here:

    http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=metdet&file=projects.dat

    Maybe simplest (& way the best explained and documented detector) there:

    http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=metdet&file=/projects/matchless/index.dat

    At present, I think, the only kit (Surf PI) for proven working project you can get from Geotech member "silverdog".

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X