Originally posted by WM6
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Surf Pi Professional Pcb's back in stock - NEW Prices
Collapse
X
-
I shall give it a good goanyway, out of interest where could I view the other projects and do they come in kit form?
-
Yes, in general you need to make plus coil, shaft and housing to get your complete PI.Originally posted by monkeybaby View Post
Really fancy having a go at this but wondered what else is required to complete if I bought KIT1: 1 x PCB plus all PCB components $45 US. I realise Id have to make a coil, shaft and pcb housing. Im quite new to electronics but can solder well. Im in Scotland in the UK.
Thanks Rob
Surf PI is not easiest project here to start (there are some simplest BFO projects for beginning), but you ca try.
Leave a comment:
-
Really fancy having a go at this but wondered what else is required to complete if I bought KIT1: 1 x PCB plus all PCB components $45 US. I realise Id have to make a coil, shaft and pcb housing. Im quite new to electronics but can solder well. Im in Scotland in the UK.
Thanks Rob
Leave a comment:
-
Maybe there's still a chance I will get mine then. I've been waiting a longgg time too...LOL
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Silverdog
Yesterday i recived the Surfmaster Kit, after long time waiting for it. This was for shure, because christmas season dalayed all postal services. So now i will have some fun for the next days.
Your board is excellent and after i build this unit, for shure i will buy more kits from you.
Best regards
Nelson
[/quote]Originally posted by nelson View PostHi Silverdog, yesterday i pay you by paypal U$49, for a complete surfmaster kit
If you need any extra information, just drop me a note to [email protected]
Marry Chrismas
Regards
Nelson

Happy Christmas
Silverdog
Leave a comment:
-
Here's how you can make high impendansne Headphones http://makearadio.com/misc-stuff/piezophones.php and http://www.hpfriedrichs.com/rr-pzphone.htmOriginally posted by dfbowers View PostGood Job! I think I have everything laying around that you used.. What did you use for speakers? I have been thinking about using those flat ones that come out of greeting cards. The ping pong ball is an excellent idea!
Leave a comment:
-
Good Job! I think I have everything laying around that you used.. What did you use for speakers? I have been thinking about using those flat ones that come out of greeting cards. The ping pong ball is an excellent idea!Originally posted by solmer2 View PostHi Don, I want to show you my Waterproof Headphones setup.
I've used a pair of 3M ear defenders muffs (don't remember the model). As you can see inside of the ear def. muffs there are two ping pong balls. Inside of each ball there is a 8 Ohm speaker glued to a small plastic sheet (a piece of plastic taken from a VHS case). You need to put a ring of hot glue cord around the balls to keep them attached to the plastic , then you need to put another silicone sealant cord around the balls to make them waterproof (or you can cover the ball completely with silicone, that's up to you). I've used a Heyco® Liquid Tight Cordgrips Straight-Thru at both sides
INSIDE

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
PRE

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
FINISHED

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I've tested them and works ok, no leaks.
I hope I have helped you. If you need more info drop me a PM
Leave a comment:
-
I need replacement for the mpsa13.
Which are the characteristics i have to look for.
maybe
2 N 3704
BC 337/40
BC 337/25
BC 337/16
and is the lmc555 better than ne555 most say yes but may the ne555 ist better for surf pi?
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Don, I want to show you my Waterproof Headphones setup.Originally posted by dfbowers View PostThat was easy.. Thanks Andy!
Just getting ready for final assembly. I still need to come up with a method of waterproofing a set of headphones.
Don
I've used a pair of 3M ear defenders muffs (don't remember the model). As you can see inside of the ear def. muffs there are two ping pong balls. Inside of each ball there is a 8 Ohm speaker glued to a small plastic sheet (a piece of plastic taken from a VHS case). You need to put a ring of hot glue cord around the balls to keep them attached to the plastic , then you need to put another silicone sealant cord around the balls to make them waterproof (or you can cover the ball completely with silicone, that's up to you). I've used a Heyco® Liquid Tight Cordgrips Straight-Thru at both sides
INSIDE

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
PRE

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
FINISHED

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I've tested them and works ok, no leaks.
I hope I have helped you. If you need more info drop me a PM
Leave a comment:
-
@ silverdog
my longboards have arrived yesterday, now i´m ready to surf
great work, thank you very much
Leave a comment:
-
Waterproofing
Hello, I am also interested in PI detectors for beach hunting, I have recently finished my Jabel kit. I wonder how to make a waterproof detector (IP67) for shallow water hunting. And also, is there an easy way to use vibration and meter/flashlight instead of audio? Waterproof headphones tend to be rare or expensive
Leave a comment:
-
Hello silverdog,
did you have any boards maybe 2 or 3.
Please contact me with pm.
greetings from berlin
Leave a comment:
-
You can check flea-bay or the for sale sections of detecting sites, of course you could purchase one from White's I'm sure they have a few hang'n around.
Dennis
Leave a comment:
-
I just ordered a kit, but my goal is to use it for Prospecting (not a lot of sandy beaches on Colorado). I have wanted a PI detector for a while (I have a Whites GM V/Sat and GMT already for Prospecting, along with Coin and Relic detectors).
I can find TDI coils if need be.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: