Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf Pi Professional Pcb's back in stock - NEW Prices

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by jmoller99 View Post
    Will coils from the Whites TDI work with this kit?
    Most mono or dual field PI coils will work, but some adaptation with changing dumping resistor will be needed.

    Leave a comment:


  • jmoller99
    replied
    Will coils from the Whites TDI work with this kit?

    Leave a comment:


  • misko
    replied
    Silverdog
    The boards arrived today, they are beautiful.
    I have a question. (TP1 and TP2) is key? Coil has a metallic shield? Or circuit can be mounted in a metal box? Or you can use a 3.7V battery (4x3.7=14.8v).

    Many thanks
    misko

    Leave a comment:


  • WM6
    replied
    Originally posted by SVEN1 View Post
    Have yet to start my PI.
    Here's box option if you don't plan on using a tube.
    Just came across these new waterproof boxes at Wally World for about $8.00.
    Plano Liqua-Bait Wallet #4648
    7.375″L x 4.5″W x 1.75″H
    Nice solution SVEN1.

    Good luck with your homework. Let us to have a look at finished device. Probably you need some foam inside instead of screw fixing?

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    Have yet to start my PI.
    Here's box option if you don't plan on using a tube.
    Just came across these new waterproof boxes at Wally World for about $8.00.
    Plano Liqua-Bait Wallet #4648
    7.375″L x 4.5″W x 1.75″H
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Easylife
    replied
    Hey Silverdog, I'm interested in trying to build one. Hope you still have some board's left. I will try to Pm you tomorrow as this is my first post. Thanks, Tom

    Leave a comment:


  • BillBert
    replied
    Ah Ha, it was not there when I posted, I swear... It is there now, thanks you are a genius. Much appreciated. Happy New Year!

    Leave a comment:


  • Tilladude
    replied
    BillBert click on the name of the person you want to PM and a list of options will appear.

    Dennis

    Leave a comment:


  • BillBert
    replied
    OKAY, how do I PM... I am new on this board and I can seem to find how to PM someone. I am interested in these boards/kits.

    Leave a comment:


  • BillBert
    replied
    I will be PMing you, but apparently I needed to make one post first to do so, so here it is. Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • dfbowers
    replied
    Surf PI up and running.

    That was easy.. Thanks Andy!

    Just getting ready for final assembly. I still need to come up with a method of waterproofing a set of headphones.

    Cheapest rods I can find anywhere - 3 piece conversion rod for White's Classics,
    PN 802-5236 - $39.95. I'm lucky enough to have the White's of mid-atlantic distributor
    at the end of the street.

    Pipe is Schedule 40 1-1/2 PVC. Everything fits perfectly.

    Coils shell and resin left over from TGSL projects.

    Also, from a prior post from Greybeard he mentioned that USB-2 cables work well. He's right! I separated the shield grounding from the coil leads and noticed an immediate improvement in noise! It's noticeable and a lot of "fuzz" on the signal coming off of the first op-amp disappeared. Just use red + black and white + green and a separate ground
    running from the shield to ground on the PCB. I can still get the delay down to about 10us before the detector becomes unresponsive. Anyway, I would be interested in someone confirming what I observed. About 30cm for a 1E.

    Don
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Gib
    replied
    I ordered mine and received it in about a week. Everything looks great, many thanks Andy.

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Hi silverdog
    Thanks you for your fast delivery.
    When i get the mail, i will let you know.
    Take care and many thanks my friend.
    Marry Christmas and happy new year
    Nelson


    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    Nelson

    Your kit was posted yesterday (I did email you)

    thanks for your support

    Happy Christmas

    Silverdog

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Nelson

    Your kit was posted yesterday (I did email you)

    thanks for your support

    Happy Christmas

    Silverdog

    Leave a comment:


  • nelson
    replied
    Full surfmaster kit, was pay

    Hi Silverdog, yesterday i pay you by paypal U$49, for a complete surfmaster kit
    If you need any extra information, just drop me a note to [email protected]
    Marry Chrismas

    Regards
    Nelson



    Happy Christmas

    Silverdog[/quote]

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X