Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Surf Pi Professional Pcb's back in stock - NEW Prices
Collapse
X
-
I made this machine glued all elements of the circuit board, but no sound. Is there a way to check the integrated circuits and to see where my mistake?
-
Anyway you can't pot batteries pack if only you will not use rechargeable. After several years of searching in water I can tell that if Surf PI is assembled good you need no adjustments.Originally posted by Bart View PostJust curious what you guys would think about encasing the whole board within fiberglass resin within a PVC tube, as a submersible MD? I think no water could get within the electronics this way, however, if any part burns out... The board would be toast?? I have two boards to play with, just thinking?!
Just set it right once. First years I had used some sealed pots now I need only ON / OFF switch. I am preferring waterproof cases from film cameras - they are cheap and reliable.
Check eBay for http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=SNAP+SIGHTS
Bigger cases are better like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm//331166917483
But it you will use silverdog PCB with such case you will have to cut it in two pieces an make few jumpers. It is boring but I have made three completed machines this way.
Because Snap Sights case is just the best. Sure you can buy a bigger case that will fit longboard but there is a risk that you will find it floating and have to push it down to the water.
I have put one VLF machine in very good big waterproof case and clipped it on belt. Now it gets all my "back" floating in water.







Leave a comment:
-
thats a bit like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, it works but its over the top, and in some ways makes it harder, as you either have to set presets and have no adjustments, or put pots on instead and seal the pots.
either way is not easy, i'm not convinced that one way is easier than the other. i made my barracudas rain proof and waterproofed the coils for this very reason, since i dont ever submerge the detector, i made them waterproof to the point i needed them to be.
if you need it for say diving, it can be very difficult and expensive as pressure comes into play.
Leave a comment:
-
Just curious what you guys would think about encasing the whole board within fiberglass resin within a PVC tube, as a submersible MD? I think no water could get within the electronics this way, however, if any part burns out... The board would be toast?? I have two boards to play with, just thinking?!
Leave a comment:
-
Likewise here, Silverdog has always gone the extra mile with suggestions and materials. My current upgrade, Andy sent along extra parts I had not thought about, just to make things easier.
Leave a comment:
-
Lots of time and effort goes into putting together a kit, especially sourcing parts. Not to mention getting PCB's manufactured. Silverdog does a fantastic job. I agree with dfbowers Silverdog can't be making that much money. Thank goodness he does what he does to keep the kit momentum going, cheaply, to interest new comers into the hobby and to keep others coming back.............The Surfmaster PCB got me started.............
By the way, its great there's a few folks here that are willing to help out physically with debugging a board getting it to work. Gives the builder an idea what the problem was and educates him what to keep an eye out for next time or to help modify his assembly technique. I have had my share of bad builds but, just keep on going, easy enough to build another.
Leave a comment:
-
I don't see how Silverdog can make any money at all doing this. He is providing a wonderful service to many of us and if nothing else he is enabling us to learn a little while building our kits.. especially kids! If I had the time I would be inclined to write detailed construction manuals for some of his kits. The only thing that bothers me is seeing some completed kits showing up on e-bay listed for $200.00. I don't think that was Silverdog intent at all.
Leave a comment:
-
Leave the young kid alone he just got fustrated and his knickers in a twist because it doesnt work.
Trouble is there are some on here that should know better by making out you just place all the shake out the bag components into the PCB and all will work hunky dory, Nothing said about the possibility you may have duff part or parts which can easily happen, not taking into account that young kids who have spent all there pocket money savings and have just progressed from building blocks and shapes at school may well have balls d up on placement and soldering etc.
Romping dog .... If you cannot sort it out post it to me and I will rebuild it if necessary free of charge and the added advantage components will not be lucky dip out the bag they will be all individually checked for specification as per manufacture design before installing, Which is required with 99% of the projects on here for optimum performance.
Regards
Leave a comment:
-
This thread has nothing but good info, i am waiting on my board. Very excited
Leave a comment:
-
I built two SURF PI detectors. I bought the PCB's from SILVERDOG and procured the parts locally.
The quality of the PCB's is extraordinary
Thanks Silverdog
Leave a comment:
-
Try making a PC board from scratch sometime, (Artwork, etching, drilling, debugging, drilling zillions of holes) and you will get a clue as to how valued Silverdog's boards and kits are to this forum.Originally posted by rompingdog View PostI was rather hoping that there may have been more support from the Silverdog seeing as he is selling these kits, but it appears that maybe just flogging the things and bugger any help is the way to go eh? Just in it for the money it seems.
I'll register with a forum that is more willing to help. Cheers for not a lot people.
Jerry
Leave a comment:
-
i think you are wasting your time fisherman, its obvious to me that the above user is just one of those out for a pi cheap, with no skill or proper equipment, he had the same angry tone as usuall blaming the kit/us/silverdog, when he found it harder than he imagined, as usuall no pics posted, no follow up pathetic.
Leave a comment:
-
Silverdog Kits and Parts
Dear Rompingdog (got a real one of those!)
Silverdog does a very important job here for us all, he invests his time and money and produces PCBs and kits at a very reasonable prices. I would go as far as to say that without him we would not get even half as much done.
I don't see his earnings as large either (Guessing!!), a small profit appears to be all he makes. More of a hobby as I see it. But he could answer that better than I.
Due to the way things develope here, his initial PCBs or even parts, may be superceded over the next few months once the "experts" get going (by the way I am far from being one!). So do understand he supplies what is "current" at the time....
I hope I do not upset Silverdog when I say that he is probably not an "expert" either....though I am sure he knows more than I do!! (not hard!!)
What I like about his kits (my experience is only one though!) is that all the parts are there (I have to check at least twice!!) and the PCB is of good quality. You get EXACTLY what you pay for.....
So don't hold him as being answerable for any technical questions other than about the parts and PCB......
Its a thankless job he does at the best of times.....
I hope that you understand HOW I see his work, but if that is not acceptable, you should not buy from him, buy a finished detector from a retail store.
I hope you understand why I posted. I have no financial interest with Silverdog, but if I ever make another detector, I will buy the kit from him....
Best Regards and have a great day
Andy
Leave a comment:
-
This one? surf rev1.2.zipOriginally posted by farafero View PostGreetings, I apologize for asking but I could not find lay Failla PCB with all parts and paths. Please if anyone has let it be so kind and provide
Leave a comment:
-
Greetings, I apologize for asking but I could not find lay Failla PCB with all parts and paths. Please if anyone has let it be so kind and provide
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: