Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Surf Pi Professional Pcb's back in stock - NEW Prices
Collapse
X
-
I'd just like to say thanks to Silverdog for his Surf PI kit, put it together, put batteries in, adjusted the offset to 0 volts, and away it went, works great,so thanks again Silverdog.
Leave a comment:
-
other kits available there also
Originally posted by multieagle View PostGreat project! Is this kit still available, or should I read all posts to discover a newer version? Thanks.
From First Post:
I now have more professional Surf Pi Pcb's in stock
1 PCB 8 US
2 PCB's 15 US
3 or more PCB'c 7 US each
KIT1: 1 x PCB plus all PCB components $45 US
KIT2: 1 x PCB plus all PCB components except caps,pots,resistors $35
International Postage $4 US
Europe Postage $ 3 US
UK Postage $ 2 US
PM me for payment details
regards
Silverdog
Leave a comment:
-
cheers mate, av just had to order a buzzer off you, I stood on the barstuard LOL
I am pleased you sent me those extra resistors, a 100k went down for some strange reason, had to be the last bluddy one that I tested, typical, should have started at the other end lol
Originally posted by silverdog View PostFor the LED look here http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...&highlight=led
Those pots will be ok, personally don't see the point in an external pot for delay, set it to the lowest you can and hunt !
Leave a comment:
-
Great project! Is this kit still available, or should I read all posts to discover a newer version? Thanks.
From First Post:
I now have more professional Surf Pi Pcb's in stock
1 PCB 8 US
2 PCB's 15 US
3 or more PCB'c 7 US each
KIT1: 1 x PCB plus all PCB components $45 US
KIT2: 1 x PCB plus all PCB components except caps,pots,resistors $35
International Postage $4 US
Europe Postage $ 3 US
UK Postage $ 2 US
PM me for payment details
regards
Silverdog
Leave a comment:
-
For the LED look here http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...&highlight=led
Those pots will be ok, personally don't see the point in an external pot for delay, set it to the lowest you can and hunt !
Leave a comment:
-
no posts here for a while, so hers one LOL
I have hunted through this forum and thread and I am either old and blind or just missing it, or there aint one
so, is there a mod for the surf pi to add an led light that would light up on detection ( or am I pulling at strings LOL)
and would this be what I would need to fit the delay external
or this
Been a long long time doing anything like this, have just finished building the surf pi after a few problems with power supply and a resistor that decided to go pop
Leave a comment:
-
Hi DaveOriginally posted by satdaveuk View PostYes I understand what series means and wouldnt dream of using cat5e with screen for ovious reasons.
The cable I experimented with was cat5e unshielded which I carry in stock, the proper stuff what I use when installing networks, not the crap thats floating about on fleebay.
Has anyone else here actually tryed either paird or single to make a pi coil rather than using one complete cat5e and wiring in series, because if you haven't I sugest you try it and tell me your results to see if they marry up to my results, otherwise will have to make the surf and prove results myself.
Regards
I am new to the forum and have been doing a lot of reading of different threads for the surf PI and the IGSL etc there is a lot to take in.
However I would like to ask a question, why is coax cable used to connect to the coil? and is it 50 ohm coax or should it be 75 ohm coax?
Also did you know that two single wires twisted in parallel also make 75 ohm impedance a bit like being fed with open wire feeder.
could this be what you are pointing to in your question above?
Cheers Mark
Leave a comment:
-
info
I bought and installed the kit surfmaster from silverdog
I would be interested in the changes to improve performance (gold)
someone could summarize them?
I also would need a few pointers on how to build the coil
how is this version? http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18655
how come I'm not allowed to send PM?
Leave a comment:
-
Commercially made coil
I have still my kit unfinished, as I do not want to build the coil myself. Which waterproof comercially made coil would fit the Surf PI? Maybe I could buy some secondhand - or even new, it would be still worth for me.
A waterproof box would be the next step, but there are several options for that. I should start with a coil
I am just about to buy a Tesoro Sand Shark or maybe Detector Pro HH PI and I would like to have the Surf PI as a second detector with comparable performance.
Leave a comment:
-
$0.80 for waterproof pot 12k
Originally posted by ApBerg View Post
Thank you for the reminder! Just ordered a few. They still have it on sale for $0.80
+ $3.50 First Class shipping. Fantastic!!!
https://www.westfloridacomponents.co...ST+Switch.html
But 12k is only good for Delay and Threshold and they have no other nominals
So 100k for sensitivity (or SAT) is good to made with HEXSEAL
Probably it is good for Impulse Power pot too if put it in parallel with some permanent resistor like 12k or so.
12k resistor and 12k pot in parallel will give range 0-6k and 3.3k in line with it will give range of R2 resistor 3.3-9.3k
That will drive power consumed by impulses schematic from 25 mA to approximately 100-125 mA
So you will be able to increase strength of coil magnetic field 4-5 times to go dipper or catch smaller targets.
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Waikiki_Sweep View PostGreat! Just price a little itching. $8-$10 for the pot is out of my range. I have no funds in comparison with NASA or military contractors.
Lowest price I have found was $4.00 for 100k pot.
So we need to find relatively cheap pots that fit:
Shaft Size 0.125" (3.18mm) Thread Size 1/4-32 NEF-2B
or
Shaft Size 0.25" (6.35mm) Thread Size 3/8-32 NEF-2B
I think most important settings that deserve a waterproof pot:
Sensitivity 100k or SAT 100k (I like SAT because it helps to handle saltwater)
Impulse Power 5k (to set impulse width by resistor R2 3.3k - 8.3k)
Delay 10k (refer to Surf PI PRO schematics)
Threshold 10k
I am upgrading my Silverdog Longboard circuits to real Surf PI PRO schematics
If you have a schematic to share, post it here. Please read the Intro post for rules on posting schematics.
with some changes I have found useful.
Think you have seen them ?
Leave a comment:
-
So we need to find relatively cheap pots that fit 0.125" 1/4-32 or 0.25" 3/8-32
Originally posted by SVEN1 View Post
Great! Just price a little itching. $8-$10 for the pot is out of my range. I have no funds in comparison with NASA or military contractors.
Lowest price I have found was $4.00 for 100k pot.
So we need to find relatively cheap pots that fit:
Shaft Size 0.125" (3.18mm) Thread Size 1/4-32 NEF-2B
or
Shaft Size 0.25" (6.35mm) Thread Size 3/8-32 NEF-2B
I think most important settings that deserve a waterproof pot:
Sensitivity 100k or SAT 100k (I like SAT because it helps to handle saltwater)
Impulse Power 5k (to set impulse width by resistor R2 3.3k - 8.3k)
Delay 10k (refer to Surf PI PRO schematics)
Threshold 10k
I am upgrading my Silverdog Longboard circuits to real Surf PI PRO schematics
If you have a schematic to share, post it here. Please read the Intro post for rules on posting schematics.
with some changes I have found useful.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: