Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf Pi Professional Pcb's back in stock - NEW Prices

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Waikiki_Sweep
    replied
    I have tried HEXSEALs to waterproof pots. WORKS GREAT!!!

    Originally posted by dfbowers View Post
    I thing it was just a matter of time until I added a detector to my collection for shallow water hunting. Can anyone share what they have done in the way of waterproof pots and headphones?
    Don
    Once I have found that advice on forum to use APM Hexseal nut to waterproof pots told by Carl and ApBerg.

    So I have tried it and it works great. Only the problem you have to find proper pot that will fit by diameter and Thread Size:



    After hours of searching and comparing I have found only one pair Hexseal / pot that fits
    both of them are for Shaft Size 0.25" (6.35mm) and Thread Size 3/8-32 NEF

    $3.10 BOOT ROTARY SHAFT 3/8-32NEF GRAY Shaft Size 0.25" (6.35mm)Thread Size 3/8-32 NEF-2B


    $3.64 (now $4.00) Resistance (Ohms) 100K Actuator Length 0.787" (20.00mm) Actuator Diameter 0.250" (6.35mm) Actuator Type Slotted Shaft


    You can see it on photo and in my last new detector "El Monstro" (named for huge long slim fiberglass coil 8.5'x16.5' 5mm thin)

    Pot is used to adjust SAT speed (100k resistor + 100k pot in line) to allow the machine to move very fast in water if bottom conditions permit it.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • nux
    replied
    Originally posted by drinnird View Post
    Hi all, I just finished writing up a tutorial on how to build this kit after all the help ive gotten from this site! Hope it can help anyone interested in detecting build one of these without needing to read a bajillion posts.

    My surf pi 1.2 tutorial
    Thx

    Leave a comment:


  • Nezocas
    replied
    Originally posted by drinnird View Post
    Hi all, I just finished writing up a tutorial on how to build this kit after all the help ive gotten from this site! Hope it can help anyone interested in detecting build one of these without needing to read a bajillion posts.

    My surf pi 1.2 tutorial
    Superb

    Leave a comment:


  • drinnird
    replied
    Hi all, I just finished writing up a tutorial on how to build this kit after all the help ive gotten from this site! Hope it can help anyone interested in detecting build one of these without needing to read a bajillion posts.

    My surf pi 1.2 tutorial

    Leave a comment:


  • Frederick
    replied
    Hi i will contact you in 2 weeks about supplying the baracuda detector parts
    Frederickl

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Frederick View Post
    I need to be able to provide simple detectors for people who are new to the hobby here in South east Queensland Australia. Even if we build them ourselves, because many people are telling me that they have to go to E bay to buy second-hand detectors.
    Our website is attracting many people and they want detectors after seeing our videos
    www.Goldfinders.com
    Cheers Frederick
    Your website seems to have a default "search" page. I couldn't find any useful information there.

    Edit: OK - I've just noticed that you posted the wrong link. There should have been a ".au" after the name.
    However, the second link is very very very slow to load. You might want to take a look at that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Frederick
    replied
    Thankyou

    Silverdog
    Can you send me a some detector parts- pcb loop instructions ect so I can assemble and evaluate it
    for use on our site please
    www.goldfinders.com.au

    Paypal ?
    Bank deposit ?
    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • Frederick
    replied
    I need to be able to provide simple detectors for people who are new to the hobby here in

    I need to be able to provide simple detectors for people who are new to the hobby here in South east Queensland Australia. Even if we build them ourselves, because many people are telling me that they have to go to E bay to buy second-hand detectors.
    Our website is attracting many people and they want detectors after seeing our videos
    www.Goldfinders.com
    Cheers Frederick

    Leave a comment:


  • yhl
    replied
    hello

    hello
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    hello satdaveuk

    use cat cable with higher diameter cat 5 ist to thin
    better cat 6e or search wiki for utp network cable twisted pairs and the hole cables have only one shield for example stp type cable every pair has his own shield and that would be to much metal shield should be so small that it wouldnt be detected by the coil which is shielded with it

    wire connecting is easy
    easy example
    start orange
    orange connect to green
    green to blue
    blue to brown
    brown end

    so orange and brown are connected to pcb
    Yes I understand what series means and wouldnt dream of using cat5e with screen for ovious reasons.
    The cable I experimented with was cat5e unshielded which I carry in stock, the proper stuff what I use when installing networks, not the crap thats floating about on fleebay.

    Has anyone else here actually tryed either paird or single to make a pi coil rather than using one complete cat5e and wiring in series, because if you haven't I sugest you try it and tell me your results to see if they marry up to my results, otherwise will have to make the surf and prove results myself.

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    hello satdaveuk

    use cat cable with higher diameter cat 5 ist to thin
    better cat 6e or search wiki for utp network cable twisted pairs and the hole cables have only one shield for example stp type cable every pair has his own shield and that would be to much metal shield should be so small that it wouldnt be detected by the coil which is shielded with it

    wire connecting is easy
    easy example
    start orange
    orange connect to green
    green to blue
    blue to brown
    brown end

    so orange and brown are connected to pcb

    Leave a comment:


  • satdaveuk
    replied
    Hi
    Can someone explain in theory how using a cat 5/6 and connecting the cores in series, works the same as running continous single or pairs.
    The reason why im asking is because by wiring in series within the network cable as a whole your in effect going from start of the coil to the end, then back to the start and so forth, unlike conventional winding which is start to finsh in one run.

    It oviously works because a few of you here have had success and its been done previousy that way for a few years, I myself have tryed both ways using the Minipulse3 and striping cat5 and wiring continous is by far better result where as by series the cables has givin me very poor results.
    Maybe its down to detector design, maybe not.
    Many thanks in advance

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • neptune769
    replied
    Hello Everyone,

    I am not new to this forum but I have been away for several years. Several years ago I started building a Hammerhead 1. But since I moved I can't find the populated board now to finish the project. Reading through the forum I came across the Surf PI. I am now collecting the parts to build one. I am having trouble finding a supplier for C9-C12, the 1nF stacked polyester cap. I have looked at Digikey and Mouser and all I can find are 630vdc. Looks like overkill to me. I don't know enough about electronics to be able to find a substitute. I know enough to put a "kit" together. I was hoping someone could guide me in the right direction. Also looking through my components I found the items listed below. The numbers are not exactly the same as listed on the Surf PI part list. Will these work? One last question. Would it be better to have the "offset" & "Delay" pot external or on board? Thank you in advance.

    NE555P
    NE5534AP
    LM358P
    ICL7660
    TC4066BP

    Regards,
    Dennis

    Leave a comment:


  • golfnut
    replied
    I got a few blank surf PI boards.

    Recently populated and made a simple " dia coil 20t 0.3mm and it works suprisingly well - my coil has no sheild either.

    Battery and pcb (wrapped in a pizza flyer so I dont get a jolt off the pulses) in coat pocket, long 2m RG174 to coil on a bamboo stick.

    Adjusted without scope or meter. good little project you can start and use in the same day.

    coil fits in pocket too, handle doubles as ramblers cane.

    My try the pro one day

    S

    Leave a comment:


  • sinclairuser
    replied
    hi all/silverdog i'm not the sort of person that sucks up (though i give credit where its due)

    i've read all this thread and i'm getting really interested in one of your kits have not decided which yet i would not normally buy a kit as i dislike cheap rubbishy components but yours seem a cut above
    full marks to the board designer too add to that a price to suit all pockets and im sold expect an order through your site soon

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X