If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Surf Pi Professional Pcb's back in stock - NEW Prices
Quote"
"As well as the following file for adding a pin pointer mode (note the resistor R numbers don't match the Surf PI Schematic, but its easy to locate the place to add it): Attached Images End Quote"
Has anyone done either of these mod and had them work? I was unable to get either one to make any difference in the operation of the detector. I believe I put it in the right spot????
mine is working good now, i had to remove al the sockets to find an error under the last one on the pcb. but now everything works fine .
i need to find the right materials to make everything waterproof and if possible with neutral buoyancy.
greetings
Oh no my setup is not waterproof. The housing is a good base to make it waterproof. put i have the trimpots outside and they are a problem but i dont need a waterproof version.
Today i have tried to change some ic`s.
The parts that i have
build in at first: changed part result
TC7660
NE555 ILC555N other metallic sounding but no change in range
NE5534AP
HEF4066BP HCF4066BE no change at first look but 2-3cm more range
HEF4093BP HCF4093BE the range falls from 15-18cm 2Euro to 5-10cm
LM 358
at last i only left the HCF4066BE i have a range up to 18 cm with a coil of 24cm diameter from LIY0,25/1,3 with 1,3 OHM and 470microH (measured with a LCR meter) wdg? maybe 30.
here are some pictures of my finished project.
Some improvements follow this weekend i think my problems were caused by some ic´s.
I ordered the right one strictly like the partlist. If it works than better i post it that nobody take the wrong ones like me.
I see on the photo's that the via's beside the IRF9640 are "open" think it is better to fill the via's with soldertin , or even beter put a wire link over it, now... it looks strange, but I do not now how many current the via's can take, the ground from the 1000 uF Cap and coil is made with those via's. If anybody has comments.... ?
here are some pictures of my finished project.
Some improvements follow this weekend i think my problems were caused by some ic´s.
I ordered the right one strictly like the partlist. If it works than better i post it that nobody take the wrong ones like me.
here are some pictures of my finished project.
Some improvements follow this weekend i think my problems were caused by some ic´s.
I ordered the right one strictly like the partlist. If it works than better i post it that nobody take the wrong ones like me.
Leave a comment: