Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferrous and no-ferrous

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • alber_gold
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    alber, your first experience in metal detectiing building was perfect if you get a result. yes, PI is for beach hunting uppermost. you do not find here in forum PI with perfect disc because minelab chief ingineers are on serve here. these projects will be prohibited or commited by their attacking. PI schematic with disc is another level of difficulty. many folks did begin projects PI with disc - no result was got.

    Dear kt315:


    Translation from google-translator was confused.


    I understand that some people have tried to discriminate metals with a PI and was not possible ..... (?)


    I really do not know if it is possible or not, I am newbie-but I see the signals on the oscilloscope and gives me hope to get it.
    With your permission I will continue investigating to figure out whether or not I'm able to get it.


    I do not know exactly what happens with Minelab (?). My works are mine and unfoldment from 0. No person, firm or entity on this planet that prevents me from developing my own circuits. Jobs in I+ D for many years and I will not retire now.


    Please use simple sentences kt315 me. Treat me like a baby for five years. I'm sure what you say is very interesting but the result of the translation is ambiguous and do not know if I interpret it correctly.


    Receive a greeting and thanks for your answer.

    Leave a comment:


  • alber_gold
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Would you be interested in shareing your work here ?
    6666 Friend:
    If I am willing to share my research with you, in this forum.
    This forum really helped me a lot.
    "It is well born to be grateful."
    This is my experimental code for 16F873 micro.
    Now (12:34 UTC) I'll eat. This later upload the schema.


    In anticipation, the pic uses pin RB, 7 for detecting a rising edge.
    The RB pin, 5 is the ADC input, pin RB, 3 is the Vref = 2.50 volts.
    All PORTB is the binary digital output capture. You can dock a DAC
    weighted resistor to hear the output.
    The RB pin, 3 is a witness rising edge detection.
    Everything works with crsital 4,000 Mhz.
    The Vcc = 5.0 V


    I gather that the 12-bit ADC is insufficient. At least need a 24-bit ADC and
    the micro operate at 20 MHz (40 MHz better).
    THIS CIRCUIT IS ONLY EXPERIMENTAL.
    USED ​​TO STUDY THE CONCEPTS OF PI AND POST TREATMENT.




    Thank you all.
    Last edited by Carl-NC; 11-16-2013, 02:38 PM. Reason: Delete assembler code; see post #14 for code download

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    alber, your first experience in metal detectiing building was perfect if you get a result. yes, PI is for beach hunting uppermost. you do not find here in forum PI with perfect disc because minelab chief ingineers are on serve here. these projects will be prohibited or commited by their attacking. PI schematic with disc is another level of difficulty. many folks did begin projects PI with disc - no result was got.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    I use the pic 16F873 and I program in asembler.
    Would you be interested in shareing your work here ?

    Leave a comment:


  • alber_gold
    replied
    Very thanks joop. I go to study it. Regards.

    Leave a comment:


  • joop
    replied
    Designing a discriminating Pulse Induction detector is not easy. It is better if you build a different type of detector, the Induction Balance type. The most popular on this forum is the TGSL detector.

    Leave a comment:


  • alber_gold
    started a topic Ferrous and no-ferrous

    Ferrous and no-ferrous

    Hello, my name is Alberto and I'm from Valencia (Is-pain). Take this opportunity to introduce myself to the forum.
    Assemble the kit a few days ago Surf PI 1.2 but I've been surprised that does not discriminate ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
    Where I live is full of waste and scrap. It is impossible to step without detecting junk.
    Does anyone know any scheme to mount a detector with discrimination?
    Am working on designing a metal detector discrimador. I use the pic 16F873 and I program in asembler. I get to distinguish between iron and aluminum but very vaguely. In the received signal, checked with an oscilloscope, there is a slight difference between iron and aluminum but I can not find more information.
    Sorry for my bad English. Use the Google-translator.
    I appreciate all the suggestions.
    Greetings to all fellow members. This forum is spectacular.
Working...
X