Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf PI - successful build

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisw View Post
    I bought the kit of ebay from Tacoma56, I saw him mentioned on one of the threads. £30. Shipping cost £19 though, bit expensive, but it was a good kit.

    And yes, I was born in B'Ham, but live about 20 miles north of B'ham, little town called Cannock.
    Hint: you can also get kits from silverdog for a cheaper price -> www.silverdog.co.uk

    It was the Brummie accent that gave it away.

    Leave a comment:


  • chrisw
    replied
    I bought the kit of ebay from Tacoma56, I saw him mentioned on one of the threads. £30. Shipping cost £19 though, bit expensive, but it was a good kit.

    And yes, I was born in B'Ham, but live about 20 miles north of B'ham, little town called Cannock.

    Leave a comment:


  • zelkos
    replied
    Well done chrisw.
    Nice video, and an interesting coil...
    Kit is a direct copy of SurfXX PCB which is in this topic. 50$ + shipping - a bit much overrated... ->

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    chrisw - I have moved your post to a new thread to avoid the bickering that has started between a couple of members.
    Please do post the details of your "super" coil. I'm sure many others will find this of interest.

    I assume you're from Birmingham?

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    CHRISW, which kit did you buy ?

    and yes, if you could make another video or give any info on your coil mods would be very helpfull thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • chrisw
    started a topic Surf PI - successful build

    Surf PI - successful build

    Hi Guys,
    I have been following all these posts about the surf PI kit for months now and you all inspired me to have a go. So I bought a kit off the internet and built it. It all works great, and all the information about coil building was really helpful. I seem to have good depth now. I also made a vid on youtube. Just a matter now of making a shaft and fixing the box on. So thanks to everyone on this wonderful site.
Working...
X