Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aquasound

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dbanner
    replied
    I must figure out why coil doesn't work with aquasound oscillator circuit. I checked and rechecked my circuit. But it won't work.
    However the simulation works. Waiting to see if you have better luck.

    So l don't know what could be wrong. I double checked everything.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Altair, I made a coil 8 inches, with 4inch for feedback. 0.4mm wire 40-10-10-40. I tried with 10nF cap and with other cap values.
    Does not oscillate with aquasound oscillator.

    Same coil is working very good from start with Fisher oscillator both 1212x and 1260x. I tried both and they work very good. Peak to peak voltage is measured 36v~
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    Altair, how is your coil build coming along?

    I have done some more experiments.

    First , I cannot get the aquasound Hartley oscillator to work at all. I have the correct inductance of the tx coil, but it won't oscillate. I must understand why.

    Secondly, the same coil with the Hartley oscillator scheme from the Fisher 1210/1212x is running from the start, and working very good.

    For a better oscillator, have a look at the Fisher 1260x.
    dbanner,
    concerning coil, Im busy now, I hope to make some progress next days.
    I have saw Fisher 1260x oscillator, I think could be a good alternative.
    What are inductances, resistances and caps of your Aquasound coil?

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Edited

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Altair, how is your coil build coming along?

    I have done some more experiments.

    First , I cannot get the aquasound Hartley oscillator to work at all. I have the correct inductance of the tx coil, but it won't oscillate. I must understand why.

    Secondly, the same coil with the Hartley oscillator scheme from the Fisher 1210/1212x is running from the start, and working very good.

    For a better oscillator, have a look at the Fisher 1260x.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    JasonNZ, I can't thank you enough for posting the clear photos of the PCB top and foil side.

    Thanks to you, we can reverse engineer the aquasound exactly as the original.

    Lots of white sand beaches await.

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Originally posted by jasonNZ View Post
    great work guys, still figuring out the aquapulse build but want to get into this one real soon.

    jasonNZ,
    You welcome!

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Good luck with winding your coil. I hope it works well so everyone can make it.

    I need to look for 0.2mm wire for the RX coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    Altair, I noticed on your ltspice, you have the coils from top to bottom as follows.
    S1/F1(TX)-----F1/S1(feedback)----gnd-----F2/S2(feedback)-------S2/F2(TX)

    It is exactly the same as Fisher 1260x coil diagram.

    Cheers.
    Yes, I saw.
    Nothing new under the sun!

    Today I started to wound my TX coil....

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Altair, I noticed on your ltspice, you have the coils from top to bottom as follows.
    S1/F1(TX)-----F1/S1(feedback)----gnd-----F2/S2(feedback)-------S2/F2(TX)

    It is exactly the same as Fisher 1260x coil diagram.

    Cheers.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Yes.

    This is what I've been saying all along. Thanks for posting.

    My coil works in this configuration, but it doesn't work if I follow the schematic drawing for the coil hookup.

    Maybe the author of the patent draw the coil for confusement of the masses. Haha.

    Once I spotted the TX tuning cap connected to the blue and green cable wires going to the box, I knew instantly what this means.

    Although my coil oscillates, the frequency is off, and changing the cap only shuts down the oscillator. I have to make with correct inductance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    dbanner,
    according to the Nautilus coil and Aquasound pcb rilevations, in my opinion, a realistic simulation could be the following:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I connected the coils as shown in the spice image. But first I must remove some windings on my coil, the inductance is too high.

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Thank you dbanner.
    What winding plan have you adopted?

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    By the way Altair, that is a very professional looking job on the photo.Now here is something to consider, it oscillates beautifully and the voltage is close to 40 volts peak to peak taken across the entire coil.I included the ltspice file so you can run the numbers and see for yourself.The added cap is the tx tuning cap that is visible from the photo. This is my guess. The other cap is hidden from view.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X