Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aquasound

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    The following picture sintetize what I have understood from analize Nautilus coil:
    Yes, I agree completely with your diagram.Problem here is this....the TX tuning cap shown on the photo is soldered to tx+ and tx- which are soldered to blue and green cable wires going to the box.This is not how the schematic of the coil is shown.On the schematic is shown cable wires connected between the buck and TX coils, no capacitor is shown across these points.That is how I begin to think we are missing something.

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    The following picture sintetize what I have understood from analize Nautilus coil:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Newsflash

    I have made a tremendous breakthrough. A huge discovery. I will be sharing soon, I may have to eat my words from previous posts.

    I'll be sharing soon, have to draw a proper diagram, and upload the ltspice files.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Next , I will put screenshot of my coil oscillograph and measured voltage peaks.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I know KT315 is going to come here screaming bloody hell.
    But my coil is working good. If you guys think you can get it to work the way it's connected on the schematic, then be my guest. I don't mind being wrong, not at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Please disregard the values shown, I merely put these diagrams to illustrate the connections.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    I have finally figured out the coil.

    I am now very confident that the coil for the Nautilus dmc2b and the Aquasound are essentially the same coil, and are connected to the circuit in identical manner.

    This stands to reason because both detectors share identical Hartley oscillator circuit.
    So it stands to reason that the TX coil would be made up and connected the same way on both dmc2b and Aquasound.

    Now here comes the best part. I have concluded, based on the photos of the dmc2b coil, and Hartley oscillator topology, that the Nautilus patent does not show the correct connections for the tx coil. The aquasound schematic also is showing the coil drawn just like the patent, but the coil will not work if connected like that. The photos of the dmc2b coil photos show it connected in the correct manner, and it is not like on the patent or the schematic for the aquasound.

    The proof is in the photos of the dmc2b coil posted earlier in the thread. The evidence is clear.
    The tx coil is connected to the Hartley circuit from the outer ends of the coil and not from where it is shown on the patent or aquasound schematic( at the intersection of the TX and feedback coils).

    I proof this today with my self made coil, I get 50 volts peak to peak! Wow!

    I will draw a diagram of the right way of making and connecting the coil.

    I'll put everything here so all can replicate the aquasound coil.
    Great dbanner, well done!
    this is the more delicated aspect of this project!
    Regarding the capacitor, C5 in my schematic draw, I confirm 1nF value as in last revision, not 10nF!

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    good job

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by jasonNZ View Post
    great work guys, still figuring out the aquapulse build but want to get into this one real soon.

    I have finally figured out the coil.

    I am now very confident that the coil for the Nautilus dmc2b and the Aquasound are essentially the same coil, and are connected to the circuit in identical manner.

    This stands to reason because both detectors share identical Hartley oscillator circuit.
    So it stands to reason that the TX coil would be made up and connected the same way on both dmc2b and Aquasound.

    Now here comes the best part. I have concluded, based on the photos of the dmc2b coil, and Hartley oscillator topology, that the Nautilus patent does not show the correct connections for the tx coil. The aquasound schematic also is showing the coil drawn just like the patent, but the coil will not work if connected like that. The photos of the dmc2b coil photos show it connected in the correct manner, and it is not like on the patent or the schematic for the aquasound.

    The proof is in the photos of the dmc2b coil posted earlier in the thread. The evidence is clear.
    The tx coil is connected to the Hartley circuit from the outer ends of the coil and not from where it is shown on the patent or aquasound schematic( at the intersection of the TX and feedback coils).

    I proof this today with my self made coil, I get 50 volts peak to peak! Wow!

    I will draw a diagram of the right way of making and connecting the coil.

    I'll put everything here so all can replicate the aquasound coil.

    Leave a comment:


  • jasonNZ
    replied
    great work guys, still figuring out the aquapulse build but want to get into this one real soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    No doubt this is Hartley oscillator.
    I made mistake with value of a capacitor from bill lahr schematic. It is shown as 10nF, but on the PCB it is 1nF.
    All other values of the oscillator checks good in the oscillator.

    So I will correct my circuit and test the oscillator again. Maybe this time it will work.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Well I have spent the last few hours trying to get the TX circuit working. It will not oscillate.I am going to quit for the day and start fresh tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    I think the coil is made like on this draw:
    [ATTACH]50110[/ATTACH]

    My first attempted has failed.

    I wired the coil as you indicated in your diagram and it doesn't oscillate. The oscillator circuit is exactly the same as the schematic.
    I have rechecked everything but no success as yet.
    I used 10nF tuning cap.
    I will try higher values.
    I'll continue to work on it.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    FoilFinder:

    Here is the Aquasound's controls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zMVXfYyNgQ

    Video is unavailable on that link

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Thank you kt315 for your precious historical report; it's very motivating to go ahed!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X