Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aquasound

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dbanner
    replied
    KT315, you are right!!

    The coil oscillates beautifully as drawn on the schematic.

    I put spice directive K in order to mutually couple the bifilar coils.

    So you are indeed correct. Bravo KT315.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    I'll be able to check both ways by simply changing the connections.
    you do not want see that the generator is multiplexer of TX voltage. 'free' ends have 2x 3x more winding than the part connected
    to transistor&gnd. so if you have 15V on second you get 45V on the ends 15 x 3 = 45, 15 x 5 = 75 etc. the depth increases because
    you translate more TX power in ground. SIMPLEST RULE - MORE ENERGY IN GROUND - MORE DEPTH.
    you translate 75V in ground but your system is not PI, your system is VLF. standart VLF but with esspecial coil.

    so AS goes to pulse induction depth same equal.
    anotherway, with your coil, you get just tesoro and you just waste a time on tesoro. you do not want to see the advantage of Orca.
    then no sense to waste time on Orca.

    ok. now you SEE TWO ADVANTAGES:
    1. Preamp RX in coil
    2. Especial TX coil

    the bulgarian is Genius? yes, he has the mind.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    try it in ltspice. do not say me the coil will not oscillate the way it is drawn.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I'll be able to check both ways by simply changing the connections.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    I think the coil is made like on this draw:
    [ATTACH]50110[/ATTACH]

    After pondering some more on your diagram of the coil, I think you arrangement is absolutely correct.

    When the first tx coil is energised, the expanding flux excites the second coil( because they are wound bifilar), this doubles the energy transmitted by the coil. In other words, the second bifilar tx winding aides the first(mutual inductance).

    In my drawing, although I followed the Fisher 1260 diagram, with first tx excited, the other bifilar winding is energised, but in opposite direction, so it opposes the flux field. Intuitively, this subtracts from the total energy of the coil. Not what you want.

    So in the end, I think you got it right.

    I think I will build your coil and just the tx circuit on breadboard, and check to see if kt315 has a point.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    look on schematic. you have to see what you do not want to see.

    The coil will not oscillate the way it is drawn on the schematic. I tried in ltspice. I will put the file.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    I think the coil is made like on this draw:
    [ATTACH]50110[/ATTACH]
    look on schematic. you have to see what you do not want to see.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    I think both your drawing and mine are electrically the same.
    Yours is better because it is less confusing.
    My drawing gets me dizzy when I look at it.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    I think the coil is made like on this draw:
    [ATTACH]50110[/ATTACH]


    Hmmm, interesting.

    I base my drawing on Fisher 1260 coil guidance.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    This is the Nautilus coil. The number of turns can vary according to the size(diameter) of coil, but this is how it is wound in the bifilar configuration.

    I think the coil is made like on this draw:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Aquasound coil diagram.png
Views:	1
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	357240

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Just tying up a few loose ends.Some more observations, paying particular attention to the TX circuit and coil.Firstly, the pnp transistor which drives the coil is mislabeled on the aquasound schematic, it should be 2N2907.Secondly, and this is important, the tx oscillator will NEVER oscillate the way the coil is shown connected in the schematic. It should be connected at both ends of the TX coils and NOT at the point of the feedback coils. I will draw the corrected scheme and post later.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    yes, Nautilus. but we say about Aquasound coil. it has additional 2 windings to what you draw.
    that gives voltage amplitude increasing, if you know electronics good. principle of fishing rod.
    on the ends of coil connected a cap (voltage resonance). this way gives 60...100V TX amplitude.

    and you must see/notice here MAIN advantage of Aquapulse vs standart VLF.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    This is the Nautilus coil. The number of turns can vary according to the size(diameter) of coil, but this is how it is wound in the bifilar configuration.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Sven had gave right direction. look Nautilus patent. US4099116. you will find the coil data in it.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Yes but his description of the coil is incomplete.
    He fails to recognize that it is a bifilar coil design. He makes no mention of the feedback coils and how they are connected.

    Later I will post a detailed diagram of the coil.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X