Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building Wolf Treasure [Tesoro Lobo]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ruben2000
    replied
    Originally posted by rolling rock View Post
    Also, in post 28. Again, test point B (a different B).
    As KT315 pointed out, that "square" wave is looking lopsided, agree?
    Supposedly, we have gotten past that ugly waveform, because otherwise, you would probably not have a nicely symmetrical, low distortion sine wave at point A.
    SO, what is the story? Please do not overlook important details or you waste everybody's time.

    Check again, using the high dollar scope. That should be a 50-50 square wave, or at least have almost immeasurable deviation from being square.
    Thanks for your rolling rock advice.

    Is it necessary for the output signal to be 50% high and 50% low at 555 pin 3?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ruben2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Op04 View Post
    Sir Ruben, how It's going? Your PCB looks good the component very convincing, the coil part, how many coil you have? I make five coil mix with my DIP version of vlaser smd origin design. Have you try zoomix coil the one with 28mh RX ? The coil making and amplitude adjustment is my worst part as I lack of understanding, but vlaser version the one without static channel are simplest
    Hello op04!
    I only have the coils that I made the ones mentioned in message # 25.

    What is the Vlaser version you are building?
    Could you upload it to the thread, maybe I would encourage myself to build it?

    I have not tested the zoomix coil, nor do I know its capabilities. I am new at this.

    For me it is also difficult to make the coils and adjust it; You should keep in mind that LCRs and multimeters do not measure equal to the capacities of the coils and capacitors.
    For the amplitude according to what you learned is that you should try not to deform the wave in the highest peak, you have to keep a clean sine.

    I would like to see your DIP Vlaser version.

    Leave a comment:


  • Op04
    replied
    Sir Ruben, how It's going? Your PCB looks good the component very convincing, the coil part, how many coil you have? I make five coil mix with my DIP version of vlaser smd origin design. Have you try zoomix coil the one with 28mh RX ? The coil making and amplitude adjustment is my worst part as I lack of understanding, but vlaser version the one without static channel are simplest

    Leave a comment:


  • rolling rock
    replied
    Moving right along... I must have been seeing thing.

    Where I come from they call it... OPTICAL ILLUSIONS!!

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    in our language MEANDER is the clear symmetrical square signal. in your one i see, i googled, MEANDER has more widely concept, sometimes not 50/50.
    ok. if we take a full period the signal is sure half of it. SURE 50% of full period.

    Leave a comment:


  • rolling rock
    replied
    Also, in post 28. Again, test point B (a different B).
    As KT315 pointed out, that "square" wave is looking lopsided, agree?
    Supposedly, we have gotten past that ugly waveform, because otherwise, you would probably not have a nicely symmetrical, low distortion sine wave at point A.
    SO, what is the story? Please do not overlook important details or you waste everybody's time.

    Check again, using the high dollar scope. That should be a 50-50 square wave, or at least have almost immeasurable deviation from being square.

    Leave a comment:


  • rolling rock
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruben2000 View Post
    Will the waveforms be okay?


    Referring to the picture in post 34, the answer to your question is NO.

    What do you have, off the page, connected to point B?? That is supposed to be a square-wave, with slightly rounded edges. What you are showing at B is (was) very bad. I believe you were going to replace your 2N3819 with 2N4393, so, what does point B look like now?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ruben2000
    replied
    Here i have a picture.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    rolling, yup,,, in later circuit same constructor did put a trigger between 555 and tx driver. it gives clear symmetry.
    simplest decision. we know this schematic like TROY SHADOW.

    Leave a comment:


  • rolling rock
    replied
    In post #65, "Analog 5V transmit 20us", that wave is not symmetrical. Just like KT315 told you (in different words), it has to be a LOW DISTORTION sine wave.
    Provided you have enough travel on VR2, you should adjust VR2 as you watch the oscilloscope: the wave will increase and decrease as you turn the trimmer. Adjust VR2 for maximum amplitude, then use VR1 to get about 16Vp-p (no more, assuming your transmit supply is +8V). Then, use VR2 again, to make sure of best low distortion possible. Go back and forth, as many times as necessary.
    The correct position for VR2 depends on the LC values, they go hand-in-hand.

    Fo = 0.159/(square root (LC))
    Multi-turn trimpots are really good to have here.

    Last edited by rolling rock; 08-13-2021, 04:09 PM. Reason: speling and gramer

    Leave a comment:


  • Ruben2000
    replied
    Thank you very much for your rolling rock tips !!
    I don't know much about what the wave should look like but I'm going to give it a try.

    Leave a comment:


  • rolling rock
    replied
    Your transmit signal is not a very clean sine wave, but indicates that the parallel capacitor is not exactly the correct value to resonate at the frequency you have chosen. A very near miss, but could be improved. You should adjust VR2 until the waveform is not obviously distorted. That would be easier than replacing the capacitor, but it's your choice. You will also need to be adjusting VR1 to adjust signal amplitude, back and forth, until optimized signal purity and amplitude are attained.

    However, your lack of discrimination is a separate problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • Op04
    replied
    For 4393 I recommended PN4393 mpf102 or J113 or BF245A look post #3

    Leave a comment:


  • Ruben2000
    replied
    Here I publish the measurements with the two oscilloscopes, one is the TX signal and the other is the signal from Pin 6 of the 4024.
    Are those measurements correct?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Ruben2000
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    check polarity of the diodes on 4024 and their availability.
    Thanks KT, the polarity of the diodes is correct.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X