If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Hi everybody, back again for another question,
I m using 6800uF/10V capacitors instead of the 5600uF/10V as below attached
I can't find the original ones, so I replaced them with the 6800uf, Please do they affect the good running of the SD2000?
If the seller can supply you with enough wire in one length yes you can wind three lengths together for an 18" coil a bundle wound coil would be around 17 turns you would require three lengths of about 30 meters, for a flat wound coil you would need around 4 more turns so you would need to allow for the extra length needed fix one end and run them out straight pull them tight so all are the same length tightly wrap the end with tape put it in a drill and wind the strands together the length will shorten slightly but you will end up with a single wire wind it onto a spool and you can wind your coil Tunisia is a bit far away for me to be of much help to you as I am in Australia if you PM me I may be able to suggest where you may be able to source some Litz just maybe.
The 36/.2 is perfect for that coil and is what I use for most of my coils now days.
Regards, Ian.
Your advice is much appreciated Ian, I ordered 150 m, so I will have 50m of 36 strand of 0.2mm litz wire.
If the seller can supply you with enough wire in one length yes you can wind three lengths together for an 18" coil a bundle wound coil would be around 17 turns you would require three lengths of about 30 meters, for a flat wound coil you would need around 4 more turns so you would need to allow for the extra length needed fix one end and run them out straight pull them tight so all are the same length tightly wrap the end with tape put it in a drill and wind the strands together the length will shorten slightly but you will end up with a single wire wind it onto a spool and you can wind your coil Tunisia is a bit far away for me to be of much help to you as I am in Australia if you PM me I may be able to suggest where you may be able to source some Litz just maybe.
The 36/.2 is perfect for that coil and is what I use for most of my coils now days.
Hi guys, I found a 0.2mm x12 strands litz wire, I think that I can combine this 3 times to make the 36x 0.2mm litz wire, see below attached spec.
Can this be useful to make the 18" mono coil?
Hi Ian,
I can find only litz wire with 32 stands of 33 AWG, please, with this type can I have some acceptable results, I tried with the seller but he said that I should contact the manufacturer and they will make but in condition of a big lot of quantity.
Hi Ian,
I can find only litz wire with 32 stands of 33 AWG, please, with this type can I have some acceptable results, I tried with the seller but he said that I should contact the manufacturer and they will make but in condition of a big lot of quantity.
Andrei, great work man, I was thinking that I will beat you on building the sd2000, now I it's working well for you maybe I will need your support and help in future.
My congratulations!
What you are looking for is Litz with 36 strands of 32 A.W.G or .2 mm making the overall 16.55 A.W.G good luck it is hard to find.
Regards, Ian.
Hi Ian,
I can find only litz wire with 32 stands of 33 AWG, please, with this type can I have some acceptable results, I tried with the seller but he said that I should contact the manufacturer and they will make but in condition of a big lot of quantity.
Yep that sounds like a 2000,i cant really see anything wrong with the audio,your project is picking up the 50 or 60 Hz mains EMI,i would recommend changing the crystal,for example change it from 2.1 Meg to 2.2,2.3,2.4 or 2 Meg or 1.9,1.8 or 1.7 Meg,that will help you tune it out.
EMI noise will always be greatest in suburbia,also i find the EMI is at its lowest at around 3 to 5 AM in the morning,also with my projects if i have a noise that i cant identify i will try listing to it at 3 to 5 in the morning,if the noise disappears then i know it was EMI,if its still there then i give it a closer look.
Thank! I will try to make the shield of the cable, coil, device
Thank Mechanic! https://youtu.be/S1s6D3uFmmA. What could be the problem? Coil single core ~ 0.8mm wire is not shielded, maybe there is a problem in it?
Hello Andrei
Yep that sounds like a 2000,i cant really see anything wrong with the audio,your project is picking up the 50 or 60 Hz mains EMI,i would recommend changing the crystal,for example change it from 2.1 Meg to 2.2,2.3,2.4 or 2 Meg or 1.9,1.8 or 1.7 Meg,that will help you tune it out.
EMI noise will always be greatest in suburbia,also i find the EMI is at its lowest at around 3 to 5 AM in the morning,also with my projects if i have a noise that i cant identify i will try listing to it at 3 to 5 in the morning,if the noise disappears then i know it was EMI,if its still there then i give it a closer look.
You have unshielded circuit and unshielded coil next to big analog oscilloscope and you ask what is the problem?
Hahahaha. You are a funny man.
Next step for you is to prepare proper shielding for entire project- circuit, coil, cable, everything. Then you can make an assessment of whether to go into land away from power lines.
Leave a comment: