Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full m/lab SD2000 schematics

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anis
    replied
    Originally posted by IBGold View Post
    Hi Anis,

    Litz made with 36 strands of 0.2 mm enamelled wire would be perfect for what you want for a Mono coil it is what I use.

    Regards, Ian.
    Hi Ian, please can you specify the outer ID in AWG or in mm for this type of wire? it would very helpful for my search ebay.

    Thx
    Anis

    Leave a comment:


  • IBGold
    replied
    Hi Anis,

    Litz made with 36 strands of 0.2 mm enamelled wire would be perfect for what you want for a Mono coil it is what I use.

    Regards, Ian.

    Leave a comment:


  • Anis
    replied
    Originally posted by IBGold View Post
    Anis, what size coil are you looking to build the size of Litz depends on the coil size for a coil in the 250 mm range 32/.2 Litz would be around the mark for an 450 mm coil you would need Litz with around 36/.2 strands Litz with .2 mm strands seems to work the best for Minelab PI's and is what most of the commercial coils use this is of course for the TX winding's.

    Hi Mick!

    Regards, Ian.
    Hi Ian, thank you for coming to support me with the DIY coil,
    Well I m looking for the 18" coil , exactly 457mm coil, (for deep big targets)
    as per last attached there is a large choice for wires, please can you specify what would be the good one for this?

    Best regards
    Anis

    Leave a comment:


  • Anis
    replied
    Originally posted by Mechanic View Post
    Anis, in N40 N50, where is gnd for each trace? The receive signal should stay very near gnd.

    Also if you take a large metal tin, you should see an obvious change in the receive signal.

    It is possible that you have damaged the front end fets and 4093 when the 200v circuit was not working correctly.

    The srf coil frequency measurement is useless, you need to use a faster timebase.

    For the coil wire, you need to search here as there is a lot of good information posted on coil wire specs for Minelab machines. I am no guru of coil building! Check posts by IBgold.

    Cheers Mick
    Hi Mick,
    GND is the middle of each wave.

    Yep, I v already bought some spares for that as precaution,
    Now I think It's working, I will share N40 and N50 waves soon (now I m replaying from my phone).
    I tried with some big stainless steel saucepans and it seems that there is some responses, I m not too glad with the results, it my be some errors in the audio board (need to verify wire by wire).

    In parallel I started to build an extra audio amplifier for head speakers, in order to have more sound amplitude in the output.

    Now I will wait till I receive the new wires, after IBGold's support.

    Thx
    Anis

    Leave a comment:


  • IBGold
    replied
    Anis, what size coil are you looking to build the size of Litz depends on the coil size for a coil in the 250 mm range 32/.2 Litz would be around the mark for an 450 mm coil you would need Litz with around 36/.2 strands Litz with .2 mm strands seems to work the best for Minelab PI's and is what most of the commercial coils use this is of course for the TX winding's.

    Hi Mick!

    Regards, Ian.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mechanic
    replied
    Anis, in N40 N50, where is gnd for each trace? The receive signal should stay very near gnd.

    Also if you take a large metal tin, you should see an obvious change in the receive signal.

    It is possible that you have damaged the front end fets and 4093 when the 200v circuit was not working correctly.

    The srf coil frequency measurement is useless, you need to use a faster timebase.

    For the coil wire, you need to search here as there is a lot of good information posted on coil wire specs for Minelab machines. I am no guru of coil building! Check posts by IBgold.

    Cheers Mick

    Leave a comment:


  • Anis
    replied
    Originally posted by Mechanic View Post
    Hi Anis,

    You need at least 6v to run properly otherwise the 181v won't be high enough and there are protection circuits that stop the receive fets coming on. That is why you don't hear anything before raising the voltage to 6v.

    The IRF710 will need to be mounted to some sort of heatsink as it will get hot. Make sure it is insulated as the tab has 180v on it. It is normally mounted to the case on the sd2000. If your 68r resistors are getting hot then the irf710(or tlc217) isn't working correctly or the resistors current rating are too low.
    The tlc271 can easily be damaged, you might need to replace it.
    Also make sure your connections are correct to it, that GRND is correct and you have the link to the 2.5v reference from the power supply circuit.

    For the coil srf, to measure it I just place the coil(just connected to the scope) near(just close enough to observe decent ringing amplitude) another coil connected to a detector and look at the frequency of the ringing after tx off.
    A single strand coil is no good for the sd2000. It takes too long to settle to 0v

    Cheers Mick
    Hi Mick, again thank you to drive me to the right way,
    -Accidently connected pin 6 of TLC271 to GND this caused the blocking of the Fly back, now corrected the circuit is running well and I can see stable 181V in the 100/200V capacitor.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	error.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	356980


    -Coil SRF, I followed your measuring method and below are my results:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SRF1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	356981
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SRF2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	356982


    -I'm now looking for new litz wire for additionnel coil below are specifications for the wire, please is this a right chois?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200417-130315_eBay.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	356984
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200417-130400_eBay.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	391.6 KB
ID:	356985
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200417-130724_eBay.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	356986


    -Then I connected the audio board to see if sound response is working, result was:
    Sound okay, but there is no change of the tone that mean that there is no coil response to metals.
    Attached is screen for N40 & N50 from the front and receive.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	N40 N50.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	356983


    Please do you have any advices, you and all genius team of this forum?

    Cheers Anis

    Leave a comment:


  • ne555
    replied
    Has anyone succeeded in compiling this schematic ?

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Well, for the price I think it is a good deal. The Hantek 6022 is a very popular model. Seems to work fine.

    Leave a comment:


  • Anis
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    Anis, I see you are using Hantek 6022be oscilloscope. How does it perform? Are you pleased with its operation? Can you state what is the timebase range?
    The specs on the website do not mention this.
    I am thinking of getting one of those 20mHz Hantek scopes for my PC.
    Hi dbanner,
    Yep, it performing well, for the timebase range it s operating as follow:
    1ns to 9000s, 39 Steps.
    See user manual on internet " Annex A: Specification" you will find more details.
    For me as beginner it's a nice gage and easy use.

    Thx
    Anis

    Leave a comment:


  • ZED
    replied
    Thanks Qiaozhi and dbanner.

    So here's the spice file,just unzip it with winrar,hope it answers some of your questions.

    Cheers.....
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by Anis View Post
    Hi waltr, could you please take a look on these screens schott and advice ?, I m stuck in this result.

    Rgds
    Anis

    Anis, I see you are using Hantek 6022be oscilloscope. How does it perform? Are you pleased with its operation? Can you state what is the timebase range?
    The specs on the website do not mention this.
    I am thinking of getting one of those 20mHz Hantek scopes for my PC.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by ZED View Post
    So upon reading some of the posts in this thread regarding the TX cct and its peripheral ccts i thought i would create a sim using LTspice,it shows a working TX cct which for the most
    part is the same as the SD2000 schema.I think of particular interest will be the cct involving the 100uf electro and the IRF710.
    This will be of help to those trying to understand the wave forms at various nodes around the cct

    Now can somebody tell me how to share a LTspice file with the members here.
    I have however changed the file extension to ( txt ), To view the file in LTspice just change the file extention back to ( asc )

    Cheers...
    Compress the .asc using Winrar. Or any similar Winzip software. Then upload the .zip or .rar file.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ZED View Post
    Now can somebody tell me how to share a LTspice file with the members here.
    Compress the file as zip.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZED
    replied
    Lets do a sim of the TX cct

    So upon reading some of the posts in this thread regarding the TX cct and its peripheral ccts i thought i would create a sim using LTspice,it shows a working TX cct which for the most
    part is the same as the SD2000 schema.I think of particular interest will be the cct involving the 100uf electro and the IRF710.
    This will be of help to those trying to understand the wave forms at various nodes around the cct

    Now can somebody tell me how to share a LTspice file with the members here.
    I have however changed the file extension to ( txt ), To view the file in LTspice just change the file extention back to ( asc )

    Cheers...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X